OSSTET 2020 Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test
OSSTET 2019 Notification: Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha has invited a notification for the recruitment of Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2019 vacancies. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details and completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online. This Online Application will be available from 07th December 2019 to 16th December 2019. Check out the complete details like eligibility, exam date, syllabus, selection procedure, exam pattern, apply online, etc for OSSTET Exam 2019.
- Name of Board: Odisha Board of Secondary Education (BSE Odisha)
- Exam Name: Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET)
- The Govt. of Odisha has prescribed guidelines for conducting Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET). After careful consideration, the Govt. has decided that to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the secondary schools of the state, one should pass teacher eligibility test and accordingly, the following guidelines have been framed for the conduct of the Teacher Eligibility Test called OSSTET in the State.
- The Teacher Eligibility Test shall be called “ODISHA SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST” (OSSTET)
OSSTET 2020 Important Dates
- Online Application Submission Start on 07th December 2019
- Online Application Submission Last Date: 16th December 2019
- Last Date of Fee Payment: 16th December 2019
Check out more Teaching Jobs
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates are recommended to go through prescribed eligibility criteria before submitting the application form for OSSTET 2019 exam. Aspirants can check here OSSTET 2019 eligibility criteria details below
- The applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
Ability to Read and Write Odia
- The candidate must be capable to write and read Odia language. The following qualification will be taken into consideration to check the candidate’s ability in this regard:
- The candidate must be able to read and write in Odia. Anyone of the following qualification will be taken into consideration to ascertain this ability of the candidate
- He/ she must have passed HSC Examination conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or an equivalent examination conducted by any other State Board or Central Board (like CBSE, ICSE) with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/ Second or Third Language
- He/ She must have passed +2/ Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with Odia as an examination subject
- He must have passed Odia Examination of HSC/ 10th Standard Single Subject Examination conduct by the B.S.E., Odisha
- In case the candidate desire to be language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu), passing Odia Examination of 07th Standard conducted by B.S.E., Odisha shall be allowed
Requisite Academic and Professional Qualification
- The examination will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in two different categories such as:
- Category I: Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telugu)
- Category II: Physical Education Teacher
- The requisite academic and professional qualification for admission to the OSSTET for these two categories are mentioned in the schedule.
Trained Graduate Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/ Commerce or Shastri(Sanskrit) Degree with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at (annexure-I) from a recognised university having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidate) AND
- Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) from an NCTE Recognised Institution OR Four year integrated B.A.B.Ed from NCTE recognised Institution with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at annexure-I) having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST /PH / SEBC candidates)
Trained Graduate Science (PCM/ CBZ)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science / B.Tech/ B.E. Degree with two schools subject as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at annexure-I) from a recognised university having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST /PH / SEBC candidates) AND
- Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) from an NCTE Recognised Institution OR Four year integrated B.Sc.B.Ed from a NCTE Recognised Institution with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at annexure-I) having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates)
Hindi Teacher 1
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with Hindi as one of the Honours/ Elective/ Optional/ Pass subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates) AND
- Anyone of the following training qualifications
- Hindi Sikshyan Parangat from Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra
- H.Ed. a course prescribed by NCTE, from a recognized University/ Institution
- Ed in Hindi, a course prescribed by NCTE, from Dakhin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Madras OR
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates) WITH
- One of the following qualifications:
- Rastrabhasa Ratna from Rastrabhasa Prachar Samiti, Wardha,
- Shastri (Hindi) from Orissa Rastrabhasa Parisad, Puri.
- Snataka (Acquired by June -2005, the date up to which the temporary recognition has been granted) from Hindi Sikshya Samiti, Odisha, Cuttack AND
- One of the following Training qualifications;
- Hindi Sikshyan Parangat from Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra.
- H.Ed. a course prescribed by NCTE, from a recognized University/ Institution.
- MEd in Hindi, a course prescribed by NCTE, from Dakhin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Madras
Classical Teacher (Sanskrit)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Sanskrit as one of the Honours/ Elective / Optional/ Pass subject from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Candidates) AND
- Sikshya Shastri (Sanskrit), a course prescribed by NCTE, from a Recognised University/ Institution OR
- Shastri (Sanskrit) Degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates) from a recognized university AND Sikshya Shastri (Sanskrit), a course prescribed by NCTE, from a Recognised University/ Institution
Classical Teacher (Urdu)
- Alim with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for PH candidates) and; B.Ed./ Urdu B.Ed. from a NCTE Recognised University/ Institution OR B.A. (Persian) WITH 50% marks in aggregate (45% PH Candidates) AND B.Ed./ Urdu B.Ed. from an NCTE Recognised University/ Institution
Classical Teacher (Telgu)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts having Telgu as the subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC) candidates) AND Telgu B. Ed. from a University / Institution recognized by NCTE
Physical Education Teacher
- +2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized institution with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC) candidates) and; C.P.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed. From a recognized Board/ University
OTET Exam Pattern 2020
- Candidates should be aware of the examination pattern in order to secure good marks or qualify for the exam. Odisha TET aspirants can check here relevant information on Odisha TET 2020 exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: Offline i.e. Pen & Paper Based Exam
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions
- No. of Marks in Paper-I: 550
- No. of Marks in Paper-II: 60
- The compulsory subject in Paper-I: English and Odia
- Exam duration: 2.30 hours
- Test language: English except for specific language exam
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
- There shall be Four Sections in each paper.
- In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
- In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
- In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages/ scripts
- The questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II- Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed. Course and shall be in English
- The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates, the minimum pass mark shall be 50%
OSSTET 2020 Selection Procedure
- The applicants must appear in the Odisha TET 2020 exam and should score minimum qualifying marks to pass the written exam. After conducting the OSSTET exam, the competent authority will announce the result on its official website. Selection of the candidates will be held on the basis of the merit
- It is important to clarify here that the category wise merit list will be different, it means the candidate’s category will also be considered for selection.
- The general category candidates must secure at least 60% marks in each question paper.
- However, reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD/SEBC) need to score 50% marks only as they are eligible for 10% relaxation under current reservation rule of the State
- The detailed syllabus for the subject of both the papers of OSSTET has been prepared by the Director, TE, and SCERT, Odisha in consultation with BSE, Odisha and is available on the websites www.bseodisha.ac.in of B.S.E., Odisha.
OSSTET 2020 Apply Online
How to Apply?
- Applicants must collect important information about the OSSTET 2020 exam before proceeding for applying. All the crucial information about the exam will be available on the official website (www.bseodisha.ac.in) of the exam conducting authority i.e. Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. Check the following information with regard to OSSTET application form 2020:
- Candidates have to register online at official website of the concerned authority.
- Access official website and read all the information with regard to eligibility and instructions for filling up an online application form.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab and complete the registration process.
- If you are already registered then login with user ID and password and fill the application form.
- Candidates have to provide personal details, academic information, correspondence address and contact information in the application form.
- Ensure all the information should be correct and true with regard to facts.
- Make payment of application fee which is an essential part to complete the application process.
- You can pay the fee through net banking, debit/credit card.
- At the end take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference.