OPSC Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 for Civil Judge Posts
Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 OPSC Civil Judge Recruitment – Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has announced the latest vacancy notification of Civil Judges under the Law Department, Govt. of Odisha. Applicants who have suitable qualifications can apply for the Civil Judge Post in Odisha through Online mode from 19th November 2019 to 18th December 2019. Check out the complete details of Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019-20 like vacancy details, eligibility, application procedure, pay scale, important dates, the selection procedure for Odisha Judicial Service OPSC Civil Judge Exam 2019.
Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 Details
- Organization Name: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
- Name of the Exam: Judicial Service Exam 2019
- Number of Vacancies: 51 Posts
- Name of the Posts: Civil Judge
- Category: Odisha State Govt Job
- Job Location: Odisha
Check out Odisha Civil Service Exam 2019
- A total of 51 jobs are Mentioned in this OPSC Recruitment
- The vacancies are allotted depends on the categories:
- Unreserved: 22 Posts
- Scheduled Caste: 08 Posts
- Scheduled Tribe: 11 Posts
- SEBC: 06 Posts
- PWD: 04 Posts
Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Release of OJS 2019 Notification 13th November 2019
- Starting Date of Application Form: 19th November 2019
- Closing Date of submission of Application: 10th December 2019
- Last Date to Apply Application Fee: 23rd December 2019
- Prelims Exam Date: 02nd February 2020
Check out more Government Jobs
- Applicants must be a graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
- A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service, if he/she is a graduate in Law of a University recognized by the State Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law department of not less than seven years by the last date fixed for submission of online applications for the said competitive examination, has been recommended by the respective appointing authority; and is not more than 39 (thirty nine years) of age on the 1st August, 2019
- ‘Approved Service’ for this purpose means qualifying service as defined in the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- While submitting certificates/documents along with the printout/hard copy of the online application form, as required at Para- 8, a candidate of the above category should furnish necessary evidence to the effect that his/her case has been recommended by the competent authority and that he /she satisfies the aforesaid conditions of eligibility.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- Applicants must be a citizen of India;
- He/she must be of good character and of sound health and free from any organic defect and physical infirmity.
- He/she must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard (i.e. Class/Standard-VII) within the last date;
- A person who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the state government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reason;
- Government servants, whether permanent or temporary or on probation against a vacancy in permanent/temporary posts in any department of government, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-4 of this advertisement. However, they are required to submit an undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of office/department that they have applied for the examination. Further, they will be required to enclose, attested copy Of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the appointing authority, along with the certificates/documents to be submitted with printout/hard copy of the online application form, for OJS has main written examination.
- The Government Servants as enumerated in Para-5 who offer their candidature for the examination should submit their applications through the Appointing Authority.
- Applicants’ age must be Minimum 23 years to Maximum 35 years as on 01st Aug 2019.
Odisha Judicial Service Pay Scale
- The PayScale for OPSC Recruitment in Odisha Judicial Service under Law Department is 27,700-700-33,090-920-40,450-1080-44,770/- with DA and other allowances as approved by the Odisha Government.
Odisha Judicial Service Selection Process
- The Applicants applied for the OPSC can be selected based on 3 stages of the process:
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Main Written Examination
Place(S) of Examination
- The preliminary written examination may be held at 5 zonal centers; viz Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack & Sambalpur.
- In case sufficient numbers of applicants are not available for any of the zones of Balasore, Berhampur, and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those zones will be accommodated at Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
- The main written examination may be held either at the above 5 zones or at Bhubaneswar and Cuttack zones only taking into view the number of candidates selected for the said examination.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Exam will be conducted for 100 Marks. Exam Duration is 90 Minutes and questions will be objective type only.
Mains Exam Pattern
- Mains Exam will consist of two Compulsory papers and three optional papers.
- Each of the Compulsory Paper exam duration is 150 Minutes and for Optional papers, exam duration is 180 minutes. Each paper will be conducted for 150 Marks.
- Total marks for Mains Examination is 750 Marks.
- Paper 1-General English-150 Marks
- Paper 2-Procedural Laws-150 Marks
- Law or Crime and Law or Torts-150 Marks
- Personal Law-150 Marks
- Law of Property-150 Marks
- Law of Contract-150 Marks
- Jurisprudence and Constitution of India-150 Marks
- Non-refundable & non-adjustable Fees – Rs.500/-
Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 Apply Online
How to Apply?
- Applicants must go through this advertisement available on the website of OPSC before filling up online application. Applicants must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in.
- Applicants must go through this advertisement available on the website of OPSC before filling up the online application.
- Applicants must apply online through the website. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at the OPSC portal.
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Start Date: 19th November 2019
- Online Application Last Date: 18th December 2019
- Admit Card Release Date: January 2020
Odisha Judicial Service Exam Date
- Prelim Written Examination Date: 02nd February 2020
- Mains Exam Date: March 2020
Check out West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020