OPSC Odisha Civil Services Exam 2019 Notification (153 Vacancies)
Odisha Civil Services Exam 2019 – Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has been released the Odisha Civil Services Exam 2019 Notification on its website. All those who wish to appear in the civil services exam 2019 have a golden opportunity. Odisha PSC is offering 153 vacancies of Grade A and Grade B in its departments. All Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for Odisha Civil Services Exam 2019 through the online mode from 13th November 2019. Applicants can check OPSC Odisha Civil Services Exam 2019 details below like vacancy details, eligibility, application procedure, selection procedure, salary, fees, dates, etc for OPSC Civil Services Exam 2019.
Odisha Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2019 Notification Details
- Board Name: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
- Exam Name: Odisha Civil Service Examination 2019
- Name of the Posts/services: OAS, OFS, OPS, and other
- Total Number of Vacancies: 153 Posts
- Advertisement Number: 11 of 2019-20
- Job Type: State Govt Jobs
Check out Odisha Judicial Service Exam 2019
Odisha Civil Service Post wise Vacancies
- Odisha Administrative Service, Group-A (Junior Branch) – OAS Gr-A (JB): 30 (10-w)
- Odisha Finance Service, Group-A (Junior Branch) – OFS Gr-A (JB): 09 (03-w)
- OPS Gr-A (JB) – Odisha Police Service, Group-A (Junior Branch): 07 (2-w)
- Odisha Co-operative Service (ARCS/ AGCS), Group-B – OCS (ARCS/ AGCS) (Gr-B): 05 (1-w)
- ORS (Gr-B) – Odisha Revenue Service, Group-B: 82 (28-w)
- Odisha Taxation and Accounts Service, Group-B – OT and AS (Gr-B): 20 (6-w)
Odisha Civil Service Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Application Form starting Date: 13th November 2019
- Application Form Closing Date: 10th December 2019
- Last Date for the Fee Payment: 16th December 2019
- OPSC Exam Date: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Civil Service Exam 2019
- Citizenship: He/she must be a citizen of India
- Age Limits: A candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on 1st day of January 2019, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1987 and not later than 01st January 1998
Relaxation in the upper limit is as follows:
- 05 years for SC/ST candidates
- 03 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWDs candidates
- Bachelor’s Degree i.e an undergraduate degree from any recognized University.
- The student must be able to read, write and speak Odia and must have (anyone):
- He/she should have passed in Odia as a Language subject in middle school, or Student In the final examination of Class-VII from a School or Educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government must have passed in Odia as a language subject; or
- Must have passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha, or Passed with Odia as the medium of examination in the non-language subject in HSC or equivalent examination
Odisha Civil Service Exam 2019 Selection Process
- The selection process involves the following stages.
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type-Multiple Choice Questions)
- Main Examination
- Personality Test/ Viva Voice Test/ Interview
Odisha Civil Service Exam Pattern 2019
- Stages: It is a 3 stage exam, similar to the UPSC examination.
- Preliminary exam: it consists of 2 papers of objective type (MCQ).
- Paper I- General Studies (200 marks)
- Note – The merit list of students in the mains exam will be based on the marks obtained in the Paper I.
- Paper-II: consist of aptitude questions and is for 200. It is a qualifying paper and candidates have to score 33% in the Paper-II otherwise their Paper I will not be evaluated.
- Note – The duration of each paper is of 2 hours.
- Mains Exam: Consists of 5 compulsory papers and 4 optional papers (2 Optional Subjects)
Stage III: Personality Test
- All those candidates who qualify the mains examination will be invited for a personality test i.e. the interview. The personality test will be of 250 marks. The test will judge candidates’ mental alertness, clear and logical exposition, critical powers of assimilation, variety, and depth of interest, the ability for social cohesion and leadership and intellectual and moral integrity, the balance of judgment.
- The final list of recommended candidates (Odisha Civil Services Examination) will be based on total marks obtained in the Mains examination and the personality test.
Odisha Civil Service Salary Details
- Odisha Administrative Service, Group A (Junior Branch) – Rs.56,100 at level 12 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Police Service, Group A (Junior Branch) – Rs.56,100 at level 12 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Finance Service, Group A (Junior Branch) – Rs.56,100 at level 12 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Co-operative Service (ARCS/AGCS) Group B – Rs.44,900 at level 10 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Revenue Service, Group B – Rs.44,900 at level 10 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Taxation and Accounts Service, Group B – Rs.44,900 at level 10 in the pay matrix
- Odisha Employment Service, Group B – Rs.44,900 at level 10 in the pay matrix
- All candidates have to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable amount of Rs.500 only.
- SC and STs of Odisha and persons with 40% disability are exempted from payment of this fee
Check out more Government Jobs
Odisha Civil Service Exam 2019 Application Procedure
- All applications for the exam are to be submitted online at the following portal http://opsconline.gov.in
- All the willing and eligible contenders can fill and submit the Odisha Civil Service Application form 2019 on or before the deadline i.e, 10th December 2019.
Instruction to Apply?
- Log on to OPSC official portal i.e, http://www.opsc.gov.in/
- On the web page, find and click on the link “Advertisement for Odisha Civil Services Examination-2019[Advt. No. 11 of 2019-20] “
- Go through the details provided in official Odisha Civil Services Exam Notification 2019
- Check the eligibility
- If eligible, then hit the “Apply Online” link
- Enter the personal, academic and other information in the appropriate fields
- Pay the fee
- Upload the required documents/ certificates in the prescribed format
- Before submitting the form, verify all the details carefully
- Then, hit the “Submit” button and take a print out of the OPSC Recruitment 2019 online form
- Finally, keep the hard copy of the OPSC application form for future correspondence.