NTPC Engineer Recruitment 2020 Apply Online 70 Posts
NTPC Recruitment 2020 – National Thermal Power Corporation Limited released the latest notification for the NTPC Jobs post of Diploma Engineer. Eligible and interested candidates can apply on NTPC Recruitment 2020 official website ntpccareers.net by 12th December 2020.
Other details of NTPC Engineer Vacancy 2020 Like Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Selection Process, Application Fee, and How to Apply are given below.
NTPC Recruitment 2020 Details
Name of the Organization
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
No. of Posts
Name of the Posts
Karnataka Govt Jobs
|Mining||40||Diploma (Mining/ Mining & Mine Surveying Engg)|
|Electrical||10||Diploma (Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engg)|
|Mechanical||12||Diploma (Mechanical/ Production Engg)|
|Mine Survey||08||Diploma (Mine Survey/ Mining/ Mining & Mine Surveying Engg)|
Starting Date for Apply Online
23rd November 2020
Last Date to Apply Online
12th December 2020
Date of Downloading of Admit card for 1st stage Online Aptitude Test
Last Week of Dec 2020
Date of 1st Stage Online Exam
1st Week of Jan 2021
Date of Downloading of Admit Card for 2nd Stage Online Aptitude Test
Last Week of Jan 2021
Date of 2nd Stage Online Exam
1st Week of Feb 2021
- Upper Age limit is 25 years as on last date of application.
- For Land Oustees upper age limit is 35 years as on last date of application.
- Mining – Full time regular Diploma in Mining/ Mining & Mine Surveying Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
- Electrical – Full time regular Diploma in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
- Mechanical – Full time regular Diploma in Mechanical/ Production Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
- Mine Survey – Full time regular Diploma in Mine Survey/ Diploma in Mining Engineering/Diploma in Mining & Mine Surveying with minimum 70% marks.
Also See: Bihar UDHD JE Recruitment 2020
- Eligible candidates will have to undergo 2 stages of Online Test (Computer Based Test)
- 1st Stage Online Test: In first stage, Online Aptitude Test (120 multiple choice questions) covering General English, Quantitative aptitude & Reasoning will be conducted. The duration of the test will be 2 hours. Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer. There is qualifying marks (40% marks in case of General/EWS category and 30% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates)
- The candidates will be shortlisted @ 1:10 for 2nd stage Online Test (Technical). There will be no weightage to online aptitude test in final selection.
- 2nd Stage Online Test: In 2nd stage, Online Technical Test (120 multiple choice questions) in respective discipline will be conducted. The duration of the test will be 2 hours. Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer. There is qualifying marks (40% marks in case of General category and 30% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates). Offer of appointment may be issued based on merit.
- No skill test will be conducted
- Candidates have to choose a city as Test Centre while filling online application and no change under any circumstance will be considered subsequently.
- However, NTPC reserves the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response of the candidates for that area / center.
Reservations & Relaxations
- Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) /XSM /PwBD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates will be provided as per Government guidelines. Relaxations will be extended in vacancies identified for SC / ST / OBC (non- creamy layer) / PwBD candidates.
- Category once filled in the online application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
- No registration fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ PwBD/ XSM/ Female candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC (Non- Creamy Layer) candidates. It is relaxed by 10 years for PwBD-General, 13 years for PwBD-OBC and 15 years for PwBD-SC/ST candidates.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as General. The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a competent authority issued in the current year.
- Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89. Age relaxation will be applicable for XSM as per Government guidelines.
Service Agreement Bond
- The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs 1,00,000/- plus GST (General / OBC / EWS) and Rs 50,000/- plus GST for SC/ST/PwBD to serve the company for a minimum period of 3 years after completion of training.
- The candidate should have sound health. Before joining, candidates will have to undergo medical examination by NTPC Medical Board and the decision of the board will be final and binding. Appointment will be subject to meeting the medical norms prescribed by the Company
- No relaxation in medical norms is allowed. Detailed medical norms are available on the website.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates have to apply through online registration system of NTPC only. To apply visit: w ntpccareers.net with your valid e-mail ID. The site is functional from 1 0.00 hours of 23.11.2020 to midnight of 12.12.2020.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC/EWS category is required to pay a nonrefundable registration fee of Rs 300/-. The SC/ ST/ PwBD/ XSM/ Female candidates need not to pay the registration fee.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account number (A/C NO. 30987919993) at CAG branch (Branch Code: 09996), New Delhi, on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “pay-in-slip” which is available on the application registration portal of NTPC
- The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money, the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money
- This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. Bank commission charges will be borne by the candidate. In case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, NTPC will not be responsible. There will not be any other mode of money collection.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fee.
- All successfully enrolled candidates will be allowed to download the admit card from the site. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
- Candidates are informed that scanned copies of pay-in slip (applicable for Gen/OBC/EWS only), photograph & signature (applicable for all) are required to be uploaded while applying for the post online.
- For General/OBC/EWS Candidates application fee Rs. 300/-
- No fee for SC/ST/SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen Candidates application fee.
- For Engineer post pay Rs. 50000-160000/- (of 500000/-).