Meghalaya TET 2021 – Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test
MTET Notification 2021 – Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test (MTET or Meghalaya TET) is conducted by Directorate of Educational Research & Training (DERT) to determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of teachers in the schools of the state.
Candidates who plan to become Elementary School Teachers (Classes 1-8) need to take the exam. The Commencement of Online Application Begins on 10th June 2021 and will be closed at 5:00 PM on 10th July 2021
From this article, applicants will know the complete information of the Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test important dates, Application Form, and Eligibility Criteria.
Meghalaya TET Notification 2021 Important Details
|Name of the Board||Department of Education, Meghalaya|
|Name of the Exam||MTET (Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Status||Short Notice Released|
|Exam Name||Meghalaya TET|
|Full-Form||Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Type||Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test|
Meghalaya TET 2021 Important Dates
|Starting Date to Apply Online||10th June 2021 at 10:00 am|
|Last Date to Apply Online||10th July 2021 at 05:00 pm|
|Date of Exam (Tentative)||28th August 2021|
|Answer Key Release Date||To be Announced|
|Result Declaration Date||To be Announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Meghalaya TET 2021
- All the applicants must go through the eligibility norms before submitting application form. Check eligibility criteria for both Paper I and Paper II herein below:
Paper I Eligibility
- The applicants should have completed senior secondary or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in the 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
Paper II Eligibility
- Candidates having bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in the 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)/4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)/ 4 year B.A.Ed. or B.Sc.Ed./ one year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- Note – Diploma/Degree Course in Teacher Education: For the purposes of this Notification, a Diploma/Degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered.
Meghalaya TET 2021 Exam Pattern
- The candidates should understand the exam pattern and syllabus for preparation of the exam. When we are talking about exam pattern it means subjects of the papers, number of questions, nature of the questions, marking scheme and exam duration etc.
- Check following information regarding Meghalaya TET exam pattern:
- Examination Mode: Written Test (Offline)
- Duration of Exam: 02:30 hours
- Exam Language: English (Except language paper)
- Number of Question: 150 Questions
- Total Marks: 150 Marks
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Marking Criteria: +01 mark for each correct answer
|Subjects||No. of Question||Marks Allotted|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language I (Hindi/Assamese /Khasi/ Garo/Bengali/Nepali)||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|Child Development and Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language I (Compulsory) (Hindi/ Khasi/Garo/Assamese/Bengali/ /Urdu/Mizo/ Nepali)||30||30|
|Language II (Compulsory) (English)||30||30|
|(i) Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science OR (ii) For Social Studies teacher Social studies||60||60|
- The Meghalaya Board of School Education has prescribed the syllabus and exam pattern for the candidates. The syllabus details mentioned below.
- Paper I: For those who want to become teachers for classes I-V.
- Paper-II: For those who want to teach classes between VI and VIII.
- Paper I and II: Those interested in teaching from Class I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers.
- Some states conduct Paper III exam or Category III is for secondary school teacher recruitment.
- Those applicants who have applied for this examination; should have to follow the preparation tips mentioned below.
- Candidates should have to manage their time as per their daily routine and they have to divide their time for different topics and subjects.
- They should have to prefer the exam pattern and syllabus for better preparation of examination.
- They have to prefer the good study material for the better preparation of examination and they can also prepare from the study materials available on the internet.
- The admit card for Meghalaya TET 2021 exam will be issued to the eligible candidates through online mode
- Candidates can obtain the admit card or hall ticket from the official website. Candidates need to enter registration number and date of birth for downloading the same.
- Take printout of the admit card from the website and keep it safe for appearing in the exam. Admit card will contain crucial information such as candidate’s name, test venue, date of exam, time of exam and other instructions for exam
- Candidates must carry admit card along with identity proof such as voter ID card, Aadhar Card and Pan Card etc. on the day of exam.
- The Meghalay TET answer keys will be released online on the official website.
- After checking the answer keys, candidates can evaluate their Score in the exam.
- However, final result will be declared later on the official website.
- Answer keys will be uploaded on the website in PDF format.
- Candidates can take printout of the same for ready reference.
- The Meghalaya TET Result 2021 is expected to be announced in the month of December 2021. The competent authority will announce the result on its official website. Based on candidates’ written exam performance, the competent authority will prepare result of the exam
- . The applicants must score at least 60% marks for qualifying the Meghalaya TET exam.
- However, reserved category candidates are eligible for seeking 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks. Qualified candidates will be award by Teacher Eligibility Certificate on the basis which, candidates can apply for different teaching sector jobs.
How to Apply?
- Candidates who intend to sit for the Test are instructed to check all details pertaining to the Test from the Education Website megeduation.gov.in
- Further, candidates applying for the Test will have to visit the above website for their online application which will be opened at 10.00 am from 10th June 2021 and will be closed at 05.00 pm on 10th July 2021
General Instruction to Apply
- Those who are eligible as per the prescribed eligibility criteria can proceed for applying to Meghalaya TET. Here candidates can check guidelines with regard to the application form:
- The application form will be available online on the official website of Meghalaya Board of School Education.
- Aspirants need to access official website for submitting application form.
- Enter personal details, academic qualification and correspondence address etc. in the application form.
- Ensure all the entries in the form must be correct and true as false facts can lead to the rejection of candidature at any stage.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
- Pay the registration fee whichever is applicable through online mode such as net banking, credit card and debit card etc.
- Check all the particulars entered in the application form before final submit.
- In the end, submit the application form and take printout of the confirmation page.
- General: Rs. 300/- + Rs. 10/-
- SC/ST: Rs. 150/- + Rs. 10/-