Madras High Court Recruitment 2021 for Law Clerk Posts, 37 Vacancies, Apply Online
Madras High Court Law Clerk Recruitment 2021 – High Court of Madras has invited applications for recruitment to the post of law clerk at Madras and Madurai Bench on adhoc basis for a period of one year.
Interested candidates can apply to the posts through the prescribed format on or before 10th September 2021. More details of MHC Law Clerk recruitment 2021, selection list, merit list, results & upcoming job notices will be uploaded at official website.
Details of Madras High Court Law Clerk Recruitment 2021
- Organization Name: High Court of Madras
- Advertisement No: Notification No. 209/2021
- Job Name: Law Clerk
- Job Location: Chennai/ Madurai
Also See: Akola DCC Bank Recruitment 2021
Madras High Court Law Clerk Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
- Notification Released Date: 05th August 2021
- Last Date to Submit the Application through Email: 10th September 2021
- Last Date to Submit the Application through Post: 13th September 2021
Madras High Court Law Clerk Vacancy Details
- Law Clerk – 37 Posts
Eligibility for Madras High Court Law Clerk Recruitment 2021
- Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3 or 10+2+5 pattern) from the recognized Universities in the Indian Union and recognized by the Bar Council of India for admission as Advocate or Attorney of an Indian Court.
- Should have passed all his/her Examinations, while studying law, within the duration of their course: Eligible to apply.
- Should have obtained his/her Law Degree during the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021: Eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges.
- Candidates pursuing Post Graduate Degree in Law or any other Degrees or Programmes requiring their compulsory attendance elsewhere are not eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
- Should not have attained the age of 30 years as on July 1st, 2021
Nature of Assignment
- The assignment as Law Clerk is on full time basis. Law Clerks will have to assist Hon’ble Judges not only in the Judicial work but also in their Administrative work as follows:
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes, chronology of events. Identifying facts and issues, questions that may arise or may need to be addressed.
- Research work including Case Laws, Articles, Papers and assisting in preparation of judgments, corrections and editing.
- Presence in Court during the hearing of cases, taking down notes of arguments and doing research on citations.
- Maintaining case files
- Preparation of research or academic papers, speeches, assistance in important conferences.
- Being aware of court procedures viz. method of filing of various categories of cases, provisions of law, movement of cases before and after filing, etc.
- Statistical reports including timely delivery of judgments
- Maintenance of books, other research papers and materials and such other works entrusted by the Hon’ble Judge to whom the Law Clerk is attached from time-to-time
Duration of Assignment
- Initially for a period of one year from the date of their taking up their assignment.
- Extended for a further period of not exceeding 1 more year
- Consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 per month
- Only 50% of the amount will be paid in case of any force majeure occasion that may make attending the chambers impossible.
- Law Clerks shall not be entitled to any other allowances or perks.
Also See: HPSSSB Clerk Recruitment 2021
Madras High Court Law Clerk Recruitment 2021 Application Procedure
How to Apply?
- Applicants can apply in prescribed application format as mentioned in Madras High Court Official Website i.e https://www.mhc.tn.gov.in/ on or before 10th September 2021
- Fill the application form after taking a printout of the same. No other application form shall be accepted other than the one hosted on the official website of Madras High Court.
- Candidates should enclose self-attested copies of all Educational Certificates including the statement of marks obtained in Law Degree.
- Candidates should not send Original Testimonials.
- Find the application proforma annexed to the official notification.
- The application form must be sent by 2 means:
- registered post (Hard Copy)
- e-mail (Soft Copy)
- Registered Post (Hard Copy): The duly filled-in applications should be submitted through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due and superscribed on the envelope as “Application for the post of Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges” and addressed to:
- The Registrar General, High Court, Madras-600 104.
- Through email (Soft Copy): The filled-in Application Form (Soft copy) should also be sent through e-mail at [email protected] on or before September 10th, 2021.
Madras High Court Law Clerk Selection Criteria
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of viva-voce at Chennai. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the viva-voce.