Kerala State Eligibility Test 2020 (SET February 2020)
Kerala SET 2020 – LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) has invited applications for admission to Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. A pass in the State Eligibility Test (SET) for February 2020 Session. LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, the conduct of the SET on the basis of the syllabus approved by the Board of Exams for the conduct of State Eligibility Test. Applicants can check out all the necessary details of Kerala SET Exam 2020 like exam date, eligibility criteria, application form, fee, selection process, apply online, exam pattern, admit card, last date for LBS Kerala SET Exam 2020.
Also check more Entrance Exams
Kerala SET 2020 Details
- Board Name: LBS Centre for Science & Technology
- Exam Name: State Eligibility Test (SET)
- Status: Notification Released
Also read: MH SET 2020
Kerla SET 2020 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply; 28th December 2019
- Last Date to Apply 10th January 2020
- Kerala SET Exam Date 2020: To be announced later
Kerala SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Those who have acquired Master’s Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognised as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply for the SET Feb 2020 with certain exceptions as mentioned in the following paragraphs.
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT are eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- For the subjects Commerce, French, German, Geology, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics and Syriac candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
- Candidates who have acquired DLEd/LTTC in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi but do not have B.Ed Degree are eligible to apply for SET Feb 2020.
- For the subject Biotechnology, those who have masters degree in Biotechnology with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed degree in natural science are eligible for applying SET-Feb-2020Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Kerala Relaxation of Minimum marks for SC/ST Candidates
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories shall be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks prescribed for eligibility to appear for the State Eligibility Test
- Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Kerala
- No age limit is prescribed for candidates appearing for the SET.
Also read: GSET Exam Notification
Kerala SET 2020 Exam Pattern
- There shall be two papers for the SET-Feb-2020
- Paper I is common for all candidates. It consists of two parts, Part (A) General Knowledge and Part (B) Aptitude in Teaching
- Paper II shall be a test based on the subject of specialization of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level
Subjects for SET
- There shall be 31 subjects for Paper II of the SET as listed – Arabic; Botany; Chemistry; Commerce; Economics; English; French; Gandhian Studies; Geography; Geology; German; Hindi; History; Home Science; Islamic History; Journalism; Kannada; Latin; Malayalam; Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Russian; Sanskrit; Social Work; Sociology; Statistics; Syriac; Tamil; Urdu; Zoology; General Paper (Paper 1); Biotechnology.
- The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes for each paper.
Also read: HP SET Notification
Number of Questions & Marks:
- Paper I: There shall be 120 questions for Paper I with 60 questions each for Part A and Part B. Each question shall carry one mark.
- Paper II: There shall be 120 questions carrying one mark each for the subjects under Paper II except for Mathematics and Statistics. For Mathematics and Statistics there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
- The questions of both the papers shall be objective in nature and based on single response, ie., for each question four suggested responses (A, B, C, D) will be given of which, only one will be the most appropriate answer and the candidates will have to select and mark their response in the appropriate space provided in the OMR Answer Sheets.
- For each correct response the candidates will be awarded 1 mark in both the Papers except for Mathematics and Statistics for which each correct response will be awarded 1.5 marks. Marking more than one response against a question shall be deemed as incorrect answer.
- No marks shall be deducted for incorrect answers.
Kerala SET 2020 Test Centres
- There will be test centres at all the district headquarters in the state are Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasaragod.
Kerala SET Admit Card 2020
- The admit card for the SET shall be prepared for all the eligible candidates and will be available on the websites of LBS Centre lbscentre.org or www.lbskerala.com from the date which will be announced later in leading dailies and in the official websites of the LBS Centre.
Kerala SET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Apply online at Website lbscentre.org or lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
- Candidates intending to register for the State Eligibility Test are required to pay the fee for the Test in advance to obtain the site access key along with the application number for Online Registration.
Mode of Remitting Fee
- The mode of payment shall be only be paid through online mode. Cash/Money Order/Cheque will not be accepted. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Procedure for Online Registration
Candidates who want to apply for SET-Feb-2020 are required to fill the application in online mode only.
- visit lbscentre.kerala.gov.in
- In the online services select SET and other Exams
- Select SET-Feb-2020
Also check more Teaching Jobs
STEP 1 – Mobile Number Registration
- As the first step in the registration process, a valid mobile number of the candidate has to be registered. An OTP (One time Password) will be sent to the submitted mobile number for confirmation.
STEP 2 – Filling online application form
- Fill in all the required details (Personal and Academic) and submit. A Registration ID will be displayed after the successful submission. This ID has to be kept for future reference.
STEP 3 – Uploading Photo
- Select the photograph file of 200 pixel height and 150 pixel width and file size maximum 30 KB. (see instructions for uploading photo).
STEP 4 – Online Payment of Fee
- Candidates can make the payment of application fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking or other modes provided in the website. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
STEP 5 – Print Application
- Candidates can take the printout of the filled application only after performing the above steps. The printed application form may be kept for future reference. In order to avail scribe facility and the relaxation in marks the differently challenged candidates must send the printout of their online application and the copy of the medical certificate (attested by Gazetted Officer) to LBS Centre. Others need not sent hardcopy of application.
Also read Latest Government Jobs