Indian Coast Guard Navik DB Recruitment 2020 for 01/2021 Batch
Indian Coast Guard Navik DB Recruitment 2021 – Notification for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment for Navik (Domestic Branch) Posts 01/2021 is out. Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union has been invited Online Application for Navik (Domestic Branch) 10th Entry 01/2021 Batch for Cook & Steward. Check out eligibility, age limit, application procedure, selection procedure, dates and more for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021 Job Details NAVIK (Domestic Branch)
- Applications are invited from Indian male candidates possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (Domestic Branch [Cook & Steward]) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
|Post Name||Navik Cook / Steward Domestic Branch (Batch No. 01/2021)|
|Job Location||Any Location in India|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021 Vacancy Details
|The total post for Navik (DB) 01/2021 batch is 50 (approximately).|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Starting Date to Apply Online||30th November 2020|
|Closing Date to Apply Online||07th December 2020|
|Applicants to take print out of the e-Admit card through URL||19th to 25th December 2020|
|Exam Date||Early January 2021|
Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
- 10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central / State Government (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC / ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained Ist, IInd or IIIrd position in any field of sports events at the Open National Championship/ Inter-state National Championship.
- Cook – They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration
- Steward – They would be required to serve food in the Officer’s mess as waiters, housekeeping, maintenance and accounting of funds, wine and stores handling, preparation of menu etc.
- 18 to 22 years as on 01st April 2021 i.e. born between 01st April 1999 to 31st March 2003, both dates are inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)
Pay Perks and Other Benefits
- Pay & Allowances – Starting Basic Pay Scale for Navik (DB) is Rs.21700/- (Pay Level-3), plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulation enforced from time to time.
- Promotion – Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs.47600/- (Pay level 8) with Dearness Allowance
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021 Application Procedure
How to Apply?
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 30th November to 07th December 2020 till 1700 Hrs. Applicants are to log on to joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button
- The Name of the applicant, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 10th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off. CGPA score in percentage will be accepted as per methodology mentioned on mark sheet for calculating percentage as per central/state recognized education board.
- Filling up of information like personal e-mail ID and mobile number of the applicants are compulsory
- The date, time and Centre of the written exam and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The application provides choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidates are to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
Selection Procedure for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2021
- The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Early Jan 2021. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular exam Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written exam will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge) and Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Those who qualify written exam will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Exam (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this exam.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) – PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consist of following:
- 6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical Exam will be conducted by authorised Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Height: Minimum height is 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age + 10 percentage acceptable.
- Hearing-Normal: Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to exam
- Visual Standard: 6/36 (Better Eye) and 6/36 (Worse Eye)
- The basic training will commence in April 2021 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade
- Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.