HP SET 2020 Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test
HP SET 2020 Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (हिमाचल प्रदेश राज्य पात्रता परीक्षा): Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) has announced the notification of conducting the HP State Eligibility Test (HP SET 2019) to recruit Assistant Professor vacancies. Online Applications has been invited by Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission from 30th December 2019 till 11:59 AM. Those applicants who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply online. Check out the complete details like eligibility, exam date, syllabus, selection procedure, exam pattern, apply online, etc for HP SET Recruitment 2020.
HP SET 2020 हिमाचल प्रदेश राज्य पात्रता परीक्षा: हिमाचल प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग (HPPSC) ने सहायक प्रोफेसर रिक्तियों की भर्ती के लिए HP राज्य पात्रता परीक्षा (HP SET 2020) आयोजित करने की अधिसूचना की घोषणा की है। हिमाचल प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग द्वारा 30 दिसंबर 2019 से सुबह 11:59 बजे तक ऑनलाइन आवेदन आमंत्रित किए जाते हैं। वे आवेदक जो रिक्ति विवरण में रुचि रखते हैं और सभी पात्रता मानदंडों को पूरा करते हैं, वे अधिसूचना और ऑनलाइन आवेदन पढ़ सकते हैं। एचपीईटी भर्ती 2020 के लिए पात्रता, परीक्षा तिथि, पाठ्यक्रम, चयन प्रक्रिया, परीक्षा पैटर्न, ऑनलाइन आवेदन आदि जैसे संपूर्ण विवरण देखें।
Check out more Teaching Jobs 2020
HP SET Recruitment 2020
- The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorized Agency) announces the holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) for determining the eligibility for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. हिमाचल प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग (अधिकृत एजेंसी) हिमाचल प्रदेश राज्य के भीतर स्थित विश्वविद्यालयों और कॉलेजों में असिस्टेंट प्रोफेसर (एस) के पदों पर भर्ती के लिए पात्रता निर्धारित करने के लिए राज्य पात्रता परीक्षा (SET) आयोजित करने की घोषणा करता है।
- The test will be conducted in 22 subjects as listed below at various examination centers located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu, and Chamba subject to the number of candidates. शिमला, सोलन, मंडी, धर्मशाला, बिलासपुर, हमीरपुर, नाहन, ऊना, कुल्लू, और चंबा में विभिन्न परीक्षा केंद्रों पर नीचे सूचीबद्ध 22 विषयों में परीक्षा आयोजित की जाएगी।
- Their admission at all the stages of the SET will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. निर्धारित योग्यता शर्तों को पूरा करने के लिए SET के सभी चरणों में उनका प्रवेश विशुद्ध रूप से अनंतिम विषय होगा।
HPPSC HP SET 2020
- Name of the Organization: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Category: Himachal Pradesh Eligibility Examination
- Name of Posts: Assistant Professor(s) in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh
List of Subjects for SET
- (1) Chemical Sciences; (02) English; (03 Life Sciences; (04) Commerce; (05) Economics; (06) Geography; (07) Hindi; (08) History; (09) Mathematical Sciences; (10) Music; (11) Physical Sciences; (12) Physical Education; (13) Sociology; (14) Sanskrit; (15) Political Science; (16) Public Administration; (17) Computer Science & Applications; (18) Tourism Admin./Mgt.; (19) Mass Communication & Journalism; (20) Philosophy; (21) Psychology and (22) Education.
HP SET 2020 Important Dates
HP SET 2020 Exam
Issuance of Application for HP SET
10th December 2019
Last date to apply online at hppsc.hp.gov.in
30th December 2019
Download Admit Card
1st week of July 2020
HP SET 2020 Exam Date
2nd week of July 2020
Publication of answer keys
3rd week of July 2020
Declaration of result (expected)
A few weeks after the exam
Check out more Government Jobs
Eligibility Criteria for HP SET 2020
- Applicants who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category applicants of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent exam are eligible.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or applicants whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- However, such applicants will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/Colleges situated in the state, only after they have passed their Master’s Degree Exam Or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer /PWD (Persons with disability) category applicants). Such applicants must complete their P.G. Degree Exam Within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s Level Exam Had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Applicants are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the applicant may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. (for instance, the applicants having post-graduation degree in Acharya (Traditional Sanskrit) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ). Similarly, a candidate having the Degree of Hotel Management is not eligible to appear in the subject of Tourism Administration.
- Concession of Fee is only applicable for SC of H.P. /ST of H.P. /OBC of H.P. (Non-creamy layer) / PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD, S.T. PWD, OBC, PWD and BPL category candidates of Himachal Pradesh. Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) /PWD (General PWD, S.C. PWD,
- T. PWD & OBC PWD) category must ensure that their certificate of the respective category is on parental lineage issued by the competent authority. The applicants are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor a printout of Application Form to Commission at the time applying online for State Eligibility Test. However, the applicants, in their own interest, must ensure/satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any wrong information supplied on online applications or any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature shall be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Applicants having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiu.ac.in).
- If an applicant qualifies the SET Examination in the subject other than the subject of his Master’s Degree, his candidature for the subject of examination in which he has appeared is deemed to be rejected and he will not be awarded the SET certificate.
Check out HPTET 2020 Notification
Exemption/(Eligibility For Assistant Professor(S)
- NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET /SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 01st, June 2002 are exempted from appearing in SET, being eligible to appear for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India
- For SET held from 01st, June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
HP SET Exam Pattern 2020
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions in two separate sessions as under:
Number of question
50 questions (all the questions are compulsory)
100 questions (all the questions are compulsory)
- Paper-I – shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the applicants.
- Paper-II – shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions carrying 02 marks each which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire contents of syllabus uploaded in the website of the Commission as well as the website of the UGC
- The applicant will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet.
- Top 6% of the appearing applicants who appear in both the papers and secure at least 40% aggregate marks (for applicants belonging to General Category) and at least 35% aggregate marks (for applicants belonging to reserved categories) will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by following the reservation policy of the State Government
- If there is a tie at the least qualifying cut-off marks in any given subject, then all applicants who are in the tie (scored the equal marks) will be considered as qualified and as such, the number of qualified applicants may exceed from six percentage.
- Examination Fee and mode of payment
- General /EWS – Rs.700/-
- Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) of H.P. – Rs.350/-
- SC of HP, ST of HP, BPL (General BPL/SC BPL /ST BPL of HP, PWD (General PWD/SC PWD/ ST PWD, OBC PWD) of HP & EWS BPL of H.P. – Rs.175/-
- The benefits of the reservation shall be extended to the candidates of residents of Himachal Pradesh only
- The reserved categories candidates of other States shall be treated as General Category candidates and will have to pay the full fee as is applicable to General category candidates.
Mode of Payment
- Applicants can pay requisite Examination Fees through “e-Payment” i.e. through Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking. Fee once paid shall not be refunded. As such before applying online, all candidates are advised to go through detailed instructions given on the above-mentioned website.
- Note: Applicants should note that payment of fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected.
HP SET 2020 Apply Online
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to visit the website of the Commission at http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc and click the link to APPLY ONLINE FOR STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website. The applicants already registered with HPPSC for other examinations/tests need not register again and they may use their earlier User ID and Password for applying online.
- The applicant must read the conditions of eligibility as given under the caption “Conditions of eligibility” carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application.
- The applicants are required to bring the printout of online admission / Identity cards on the day of examination (with a passport size photograph).
- The Commission may change State Eligibility Test Centre/ date of Test without assigning any reason.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the applicants.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the applicant.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices, etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/ Room.
- Applicants who do not appear in Paper-I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II.
- The applicant should ensure that his category code in the answer sheet is the same as he/ she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at the later stage.
- No applicant shall be allowed to go outside the examination hall /room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking Tea in the examination hall /room is also strictly prohibited.
- The applicant will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Identity Card or on any other paper.
- Applicants should ensure that the signatures appended and photographs pasted by them in all the places, viz., in their Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admission Sheet (Identity Card) should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- The applicants in their own interest are requested to retain a photocopy of the Application Form for their record.
- Application Form must be completed in all respects as per the Notification.
- No applicant will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room till the expiry of the full allotted time.
- The applicants will be provided OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. The applicants are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I & II on the conclusion of the examination.
- The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission Admission Sheet (Identity Card). It may be noted that instructions to applicants will not be sent by post.
- The decision of the Commission shall be final in all matters.
- The key of Offline Test (objective type) shall be uploaded on the official website immediately after the conduct of the test for inviting objections, if any, from the candidates. Seven days’ time (day of publishing the key plus seven days up to 05.00 P.M. of the prescribed last date of receipt of objections) shall be given for inviting objections, if any, against the provisional key. The objections, if any, will be got verified from the concerned Subject Expert / Paper Setter and, if found correct, a revised key of that Screening Test shall be prepared. After finalization of the answer key, the OMR answer sheets of the candidates who appeared in the Screening Test shall be scanned in the OMR Scanner and evaluated by using the (subject wise) final/revised answer key to prepare the result. No grievance with regard to the revised answer key(s) will be entertained after the declaration of result.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No change of the examination center will be allowed.
- The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be intimated individually about their results.
- SET qualified candidates shall become eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor (College Cadre) only in the Universities /Colleges belonging to the State Himachal Pradesh.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this Test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Shimla courts / Tribunals only.
- Re-checking / re-evaluation, of Answer Sheet for the Test/ examination(s) will not be allowed in any case.
HP SET Syllabus 2020
HP SET 2020 Syllabus depends on the paper type and applicants what particular subject they choose.
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabus of the earlier syllabus of Paper-II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
- Syllabi for all SET subjects are that of UGC which can be downloaded from H.P. Public Service Commission’s website http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in
- This agency will not supply copies of the syllabus to the individual candidates. In case of any discrepancy found in the English and Hindi versions, the questions in the English version shall be taken as final.
- Paper 1: It will be on general awareness including reasoning, quantitative, blood relations. All questions are compulsory.
- Paper 2: It will be conducted, based on the subject selected by the student. All questions are compulsory.
Mass Communication And Journalism