HP Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 Vacancy for 634 Gramin Dak Sevak Posts
HP Post Office Recruitment 2020 – Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle (India post) recruitment notification for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Posts including Branch Post Master (BPM), Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), and Dav Sevak Vacancy. There are a total of 634 vacancies are available. Interested candidates can HP Postal Circle GDS Online Form 2020 apply for Himachal Pradesh Post Office Recruitment through the HP Postal Circle Gramin Dak Sevak Jobs 2020 official website. Check out eligibility, age limit, qualification, application process, selection process, dates, vacancy, and more for HP Postal GDS Recruitment 2020.
HP Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 Details
|Name of Post
||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
|No. of Vacancy
||Chamba, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Mandi, Shimla
Community wise Details
HP Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
|Beginning Date of On-line Software Submission
||October 07, 2020
|Final Date of On-line Software Submission
||November 06, 2020
- Branch Postmaster (BPM) The Job Profile of Branch Post Master will include managing affairs of Branch Post Office, India Posts Payments Bank (IPPB) and ensuring uninterrupted counter operation during the prescribed working hours using the handheld device/Smartphone/laptop supplied by the Department. The overall management of postal facilities, maintenance of records, upkeep of handheld device/laptop/equipment ensuring online transactions, and marketing of Postal, India Post Payments Bank services and procurement of business in the villages or Gram Panchayats within the jurisdiction of the Branch Post Office should rest on the shoulders of Branch Postmasters. However, the work performed for IPPB will not be included in calculation of TRCA, since the same is being done on incentive basis.Branch Postmaster will be the team leader of the Branch Post Office and overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of Post Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery. He/she might be assisted by Assistant Branch Post Master of the same Branch Post Office. BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPMs as and when ordered. He will also be required to do marketing, organizing melas, business procurement and any other work assigned by IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising authorities. In some of the Branch Post Offices, the BPM has to do all the work of BPM/ABPM.
- (b)Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master will include all functions of sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and Delivery of mail at doorstep deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB, assisting Branch Postmasters in counter duties using the handheld device/Smart phone supplied by the Department. However, the work performed for IPPB will not be included in calculation of TRCA, since the same is being done on incentive basis. He will also be required to do marketing, organizing melas, business procurement and any other work assigned by the Branch Postmaster or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising authorities. ABPMs will also be required to do Combined Duty of BPMs as and when ordered.
- Dak Sevak – The Job Profile of Dak Sevaks will include all functions of viz sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS. However, the work performed for IPPB will not be included in calculation of TRCA, since the same is being done on incentive basis. He may also have to assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM and other Supervising authorities. In Railway Mail Services (RMS), GDS has to handle the work related to RMS, like, closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to other manually and any other works allotted by the RMS authorities.
Educational Qualification for HP Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.(Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018).
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
- Basic Computer Training The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Knowledge of Cycling: Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
- The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 07.10.2020 the date of notification of the vacancies.
Selection Process for HP Postal Circle 634 Gramin Dak Sevaks Recruitment 2020
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory subject to the conditions referred in Clause B of Notifications pertaining to Required Educational Qualifications for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST trans-woman, ST female, SC trans-woman, SC female, OBC trans-woman, OBC female, EWS trans-woman, EWS female, UR trans-woman, UR female, ST trans-male, ST Male, SC transmale, SC Male, OBC trans-male, OBC male, EWS trans-male, EWS male, UR trans-male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSC where Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly, in case of a candidate if joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants submitted applications with incomplete/incorrect data will also be rejected from consideration. Candidate should select appropriate Board basing on the year of pass and Board of pass from the respective states which recognised the Boards. Any deviation with reference to the documents submitted and data entered will also liable for rejection of the candidature.
HP Postal Circle Gramin Dak Sevaks Recruitment 2020 Application Process
How to Apply?
- Only online application will be accepted from the candidate
- Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 07.10.2020 to 06.11.2020 with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
- Transgender certificate issued by District Magistrate as per THE TRANSGENDER PERSONS (PROTECTION OF RIGHTS) ACT, 2019.
- Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles. Mobile number mapping is mandatory for Registration. Once registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also. In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection
- Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
- Applicant of category OC/OBC/EWS Male / trans-man should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options
- Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices in India
- Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.