GIC Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021 – Apply Online
GIC Recruitment 2021 – General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), Government of India Company, has released notification for Recruitment to the Post of Officer in the Cadre of Assistant Manager (Scale 1). Eligible and interested candidates can apply for GIC Officer 1 Recruitment 2021 from 11th March 2021 on GIC official website gicofindia.com
Candidates who will successfully apply for GIC Officer Recruitment shall be called for online written exam which is scheduled on 09th May 2021.
GIC Recruitment 2021 Highlights
- GIC Re, the ‘National Reinsurer of India’ is a 11th largest Reinsurance Company in the world with the network in India and abroad, is looking for Graduates/Post Graduates in the disciplines mentioned below to fill-in the positions of 44 Officers in the Cadre of Assistant Manager (Scale-I) to be posted in Head Office, Mumbai and will be liable to be posted anywhere in India as well as abroad as per the requirement of the Corporation.
- GIC Re being B2B Company having its Head Office in Mumbai and liaison offices at Delhi, Chennai and GIFT CITY, Gandhi Nagar. Candidates desirous of making a career in Mumbai may only apply.
|Conducting||General Insurance Corporation of India|
GIC Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Online Registration commences from||11th March 2021|
|Last Date for Online Registration||29th March 2021|
|Payment of Application fees From||11th to 29th March 2021|
|Tentative Date of online Examination||09th May 2021|
|Downloading of call letters for exam commences from||Around 10 days prior|
|Online Pre-recruitment training for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates||26th Apr to 29th Apr 2021|
Also See: Sikkim TET 2021 Notification
|S No||Stream Name||Vacancies|
|1||Finance/ Chartered Accounts||15|
Eligibility Criteria for GIC Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021
- A candidate applying for above vacancies in the Corporation must be either : (a) a citizen of India or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India , or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India
- Finance/ Chartered Accounts: Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks for General and OBC candidates (55% for SC/ST candidates) and candidates should have passed the Final examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Candidates should provide their membership number and the same will be verified with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- General: Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks for General and OBC candidates (55% for SC/ST candidates).
- Legal: Bachelor’s Degree in Law recognized by Bar council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate with a minimum of 60% marks for General & OBC candidates (55% for SC/ST candidates).
- Insurance: Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks for General & OBC candidates (55% for SC/ST candidates) and candidates should possess Post Graduate Degree/diploma in General Insurance/ Risk Management/ Life Insurance/ FIII/ FCII
Age Criteria (As on 01.02.2021)
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
- Candidate should have been born not earlier than 02nd February 1991 and not later than 01st February 2000 both days inclusive.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- SC/ST – 5 Years
- Other Backward Class (eligible for reservation) – 3 Years
- Person with Disability – 10 Years
- Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen – 3 years
- Insurance Companies – 8 years
GIC Assistant Manager Pay Scale/Salary Details
- Basic Pay Rs.32795/- per month in the scale of Rs.32795 -1610(14) – 55335 -1745(4) – 62315 and other admissible allowances like DA, HRA, CCA, etc. The total emoluments will be about Rs.65,000/-p.m. plus other benefits which are New Pension Scheme and Newspaper /Internet Allowance, Leave Travel Subsidy, Medical Benefits, House Furnishing Allowance, Household Help Allowance, Sodexo, Personal Accident cover, housing, vehicle and computer loans with subsidized interests, and interest free advances for festival, natural calamities and any other benefits as per rules and on confirmation of service in the Corporation.
- The officers are also entitled for Corporation’s / leased accommodation as per norms. (Presently Corporation owned accommodations are not available, whereas lease accommodation will be permitted as per norms)
- The present lease accommodation limits at Mumbai is Rs.30000/- per month. GIC Re provides excellent opportunity for career growth in the highly specialized area under which the Corporation is operating, through training and development interventions within the country as well as overseas.
Also See: OPSC PGT Recruitment 2021
- The selection for the above post shall be on the basis of shortlisting of the candidates based on Online Test, and performance in Group Discussion and interview and medical examination. The total marks for Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview will be 200.
- Competitive online exam will be held tentatively around the first week of May 2021.The candidate may choose any one of the following centres, which must be indicated in the Application Form clearly. Corporation also reserves the right to hold the written examination at some and not all the examination centres listed below depending upon the number of candidates and other relevant factors.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Part A (Objective)||Higher-Order Reasoning Ability/Critical Thinking||40||40||30 minutes|
|Part B (Objective)||Reasoning||20||20||60 minutes|
|Numerical Ability & Computer Literacy||20||20|
|Part C (Descriptive)||English Language- Essay, precise and Comprehension||03||30||60 minutes|
GIC Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021 Application Procedure
How to Apply?
- Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the post through online registration system of GIC via gicofindia.in from 11th March to 29th March 2021.
- Online submission of the applications will be allowed on the website between 11.03.2021 to 29.3.2021. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
- While applying on-line, candidate should have the following readily available
- E-mail ID (which must be valid for at least one year from the date of application)
- Mobile No (which must be valid for at least one year from the date of application)
- Non-refundable amount of Rs. 850/- (Rupees Eight Hundred Fifty Only) (plus GST @ 18%) as Processing and Examination fees has to be paid on line only as per instruction given in above website upon completion of registration and application. (Candidates belonging to SC/ST category, PH candidates, Female candidates and the employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies are exempted from the fees). Demand Draft/ Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable.
- A soft copy of recent (not more than 1 month old) colour passport size photograph of the full face (front view) with the file size not more than 20KB-50KB.
- Online payment of Processing and Examination fees (if applicable) and valid e-mail ID, Mobile Number & Photograph are mandatory fields without which applications will not be registered
Also See: SBI PO Recruitment 2022
- Processing & Exam Fee – Rs. 850/- (Rupees Eight Hundred Fifty Only) (plus GST 18%)
- For SC/ ST/ PH, Female & the employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies: Nil
- Payment Mode: Online Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking/ IMPS/ Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallet
Payment of Fees (Online Mode Only)
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER
- Non-generation of ‘E-receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.