Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 for 150 General Officer Posts
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 – Bank of Maharashtra has published a notification for recruitment to the post of General Officer. Candidates can apply online for Maharashtra Bank General Officer Recruitment on its official website www.bankofmaharashtra.in from i.e. on 22nd March 2021.
A total of 150 vacancies are available General Officer Scale 2 on PAN India basis and the selected candidates CAN be posted anywhere in India as a Branch Manager / Officer as per Bank’s requirement.
Also See: Bihar State Cooperative Bank Assistant Recruitment 2021
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Details
|Conducting Body||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Post||Generalist Officer Scale II|
|No of Vacancy||150|
Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||20th March 2021|
|Opening Date of Online Application||22nd March 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||06th April 2021|
|Last Date of Printing Application||21st April 2021|
|Admit Card for Online Examination||7-10 days before Exam|
|Online Examination Date||To Be Notified|
|GD/Interview Dates||To Be Notified|
- BANK OF MAHARASHTRA, leading listed Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Pune and all India network of branches invites online application from candidates for recruitment of Generalist Officers in Scale II.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Generalist Officer Scale-II||150|
Category wise Vacancy Details
|S. No||Category||No. of Posts|
Eligibility Criteria for Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2021
Nationality / Citizenship
- A candidate must be either (i) a Citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 01st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that of a candidates belong to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to examination/Group discussions/interview conducted by the Bank, but on final selection, the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued to him by Government of India is submitted to the Bank
- Candidates should have completed Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks in the aggregate of all semesters / years (55% for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD). Passing of JAII Band CAIIB is desirable. OR
- Professional qualification like CA / ICWA / CFA / FRM/ from a recognized University / Institution / Board recognized by Govt. of India / approved by Govt. Regulatory bodies.
- Post Qualification Work Experience of 3 years as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank. Experience in Credit-related areas / Branch Head / In charge is preferable.
- Minimum 25 years and Maximum 35 years. (Relaxation for reserved categories will be applicable as per Government guidelines).
Also See: SBI PO Recruitment 2022
Relaxation in upper age limit
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 5 Years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 Years
- Persons With Bench Mark Disabilities (PWBD)
- PwBD (SC/ ST) – 15 Years
- PwBD (OBC) – 13 Years
- PwBD (GEN/ EWS) – 10 Years
- Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years
- Presently, the starting basic pay applicable is as under.
- Scale of Pay – Scale – II – Rs. 48170 – (1740/1) – 49910 – (1990/10) – 69810/-
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A / Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances etc. in a Metropolitan center & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
- The confirmation of newly recruited officers will be subject to satisfactory completion of stipulated probation.
- The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of one year from the date of joining the Bank. There is mandatory provision of executing a service bond by selected candidates.
|Probation Period ||Bond |
|Amount Rs.||Minimum Service Period|
|12 Months||02.00 Lakh||1 Year|
- The candidates shall be required to appear for online examination to be conducted through IBPS. The successful candidates shall be called for interview in the proportion of 1:4 based on their ranking. The allocation of marks for online examination and Interview is 150 & 100 respectively which will be converted into 60:40. The minimum cut off marks for online examination, interview and final selection shall be 50% for UR / EWS and 45% for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Examination and Interview and accordingly a merit list shall be prepared for selection of candidates. Merit list for selection will be prepared in descending order on the basis of combined scores obtained, in case more than one candidate score the cut-off marks (common marks at cut-off point), such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order, in the merit.
- In case, in the opinion of the bank, adequate number of candidates have not qualified by obtaining minimum marks as stipulated above in the online examination, bank reserves right to reduce the minimum marks as deemed fit.
- Mere eligibility / admission to Group Discussions / Interview / pass in GD/ interview does not imply that the Bank is satisfied beyond doubt about the candidate’s eligibility and shall not vest any right in a candidate for selection.
- The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible and / or furnished incorrect or false information / certificates / documents or has suppressed any material facts and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited. If appointed, such a candidate may be summarily removed from the services of the Bank.
- Exam consisting of Objective Test for 150 marks will be conducted online. The test will have four Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|S. No||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||English Language||20||15 Minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||20||15 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||20||15 Minutes|
|4||Professional Knowledge||90||75 Minutes|
| ||TOTAL||150||2 Hours|
- The examinations will be conducted online at venues across various centers in India. No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained.
|2||Chandigarh||Chandigarh – Mohali||12||Maharashtra||Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai|
|4||Delhi NCR||Delhi NCR (All NCR cities)||14||Maharashtra||Pune|
|6||Gujarat||Ahmedabad – Gandhinagar||16||Rajasthan||Jaipur|
|10||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||20||West Bengal||Kolkata|
How to Apply?
- DETAILED GUIDELINES / PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION REGISTRATION
- IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should:
- (a) Scan their photograph, signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration, ensuring that both the photograph and signature, left thumb impression, hand written declaration adhere to the required specifications as given under guidelines.
- (b) Left thumb impression (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb. If both thumbs are missing, the impression of one of the fingers of the left hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If there are no fingers on the left hand, the impression of one of the fingers of the right hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If no fingers are available, the impression of left toe may be taken. In all such cases where left thumb impression is not uploaded, the candidate should specify in the uploaded document the name of finger and the specification of left/right hand or toe).
- (c) A hand written declaration (text given below). The hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only. If it is written by anybody else and uploaded or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of candidates who cannot write, may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression (if not able to sign also) below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications.)
- The text for the hand written declaration is as follows:
- “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- (d) The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only and should NOT BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. If it is written by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid.
- (e) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
- Have a valid personal e-mail address and mobile number which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that e-mail account and mobile number.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / EWS /OBC|| 1180/-|
|2||SC / ST|| 118/-|
|3||PWBD / Women||Nil|
- Candidates are advised to go to the Bank’s website bankofmaharashtra.in and click on the ‘Careers ’ Recruitment Process Current Openings to open the link “Online application for recruitment of “GENERALIST OFFICERS IN SCALE II 2021-22” and then click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and e-mail id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify / get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible / entertained after clicking the SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates / Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the Validate your details’ and ‘Proceed’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Hand Written Declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- (viii)Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
Download of Call Letters
- The candidates should download their call letter for Examination / GD & Interview and an information handout by entering their registration number and password / date of birth from the Bank’s website.
- NO HARD COPY OF THE CALL LETTER / INFORMATION HANDOUT WILL BE SENT BY POST.