Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021 for 32 Specialist Officer Posts
Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020-21 – Bank of Baroda (BOB) has invited online application for the recruitment of Specialist Officer Vacancies. The applicants are requested to go through the details and ensure that they fulfill the minimum prescribed criteria before applying. Apply online on or before 08th January 2021. Check out eligibility, age limit, application process, selection procedure, vacancy details, pay scale, application fees for BOB Specialist Officer Recruitment 2021.
No. of Vacancy
|Post Name||No. of Vacancies|
BOB SO Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Online registration of Application & Payment of Fees|
|Start Date||18th December 2020|
|Last Date||08th January 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for BOB SO Recruitment 2021
- Candidates, intending to apply for the said post should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria specified
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a recognized University/ Institute/ Board recognized by Govt. of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared.
- Proper document from Board/ University for having declared the result on or before 15.12.2020 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the examination which is reckoned for eligibility will be the date of passing, appearing on the mark-sheet/ provisional certificate, issued by the University/Institute.
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute and web based certificate is issued then a certificate in original issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and for further process.
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation/Post Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicate the same in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage of marks, unless mentioned by the University/ Board, shall be arrived at, by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject, if any, multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where class/ grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Candidate can apply for only one post under this project.
Nationality / Citizenship (as on 15.12.2020)
- A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
Also See: Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered atleast 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- The maximum age limit specified, as on 15.12.2020, is applicable to General Category candidates.
- The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned in Point No. 1.2 (3) to 1.2 (4).
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by Bank
- Those ex-servicemen who have already secured regular employment under the Central Govt. in civil post would be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as admissible for ex-servicemen for securing another employment in any higher post or service under the Central Govt. irrespective of any Group/post. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation, if any, for ex-servicemen in Central Government.
- There is no reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
- The vacancies for PWD were not identified for Recruitment of Security Officer and Fire Officer considering the job profile of the said posts, which requires high level of physical fitness
- Graduate in any Discipline from Recognized University / Institute
- An Officer not below the rank of Captain of Indian Army or equivalent rank in Indian Navy / Air Force, with a minimum of 5 years of commissioned service OR An Officer not below the rank of Asstt. Superintendent / Deputy Superintendent / Asstt. Commandant / Deputy Commandant of Indian Police / Para Military Forces with a minimum of 5 years’ service as an Officer in such Force
- BE (Fire) from National Fire Service college (NFSC), Nagpur OR
- Tech (Safety & Fire Engineering) from recognized university (AICTE) OR
- Tech (Fire Technology & Safety Engineering) from recognized university (AICTE) OR
- Graduate from Institute of Fire Engineers (India / UK) OR
- Completed Station Officers Course from National Fire Service College (NFSC) Nagpur
- Minimum 03 years’ post-qualification experience as a Station Officer or equivalent post in a City Fire Brigade or in a State Fire Service or In-Charge Fire Officer in big industrial complex
- Minimum 03 years’ post-qualification experience as an Officer or equivalent post in a City Fire Brigade or in a State Fire Service or In-Charge Fire Officer in big industrial complex
- The candidate applying shall ensure that, they maintain a healthy Credit history and shall have a minimum CIBIL score of 650 or above at the time of joining. The minimum credit score will be as per the Banks policy, amended from time to time.
Also Read: SBI PO Recruitment 2020
Pay Scale for Specialist Officer Job
- JMG/S I: Rs. 23700 x 980 (7) – 30560 x 1145 (2) – 32850 x 1310 (7) – 42020 MMGS II : Rs. 31705 x 1145 (1) – 32850 x 1310 (10) – 45950
- At present, initial monthly CTC at the initial level of JMG/S-I and MMG/S-II, including DA, Special Allowance, HRA, CCA and all perks and benefits like quarters facility, in lieu of HRA, for Officers; Conveyance; Medical Aid; LTC; etc., admissible as per rules of the Bank, in force from time to time is approximately Rs.71,000/- and Rs. 88,000/- per month (as amended from time to time), respectively in Mumbai. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
BOB Specialist Officer Selection Procedure
- The selection process may comprise online test, psychometric test or any other test deemed suitable for further selection process followed by Group Discussion / & Interview of shortlisted candidates.
- However, if the number of eligible applications received is large/less, then Bank reserves the right to change the shortlisting criteria/interview process. Bank may, at its discretion, consider conducting of Multiple Choice/Descriptive / Psychometric Test / Group Discussion/Interviews or any other selection methodologies for different scales.
- Group Discussion (GD)/Personal Interview (PI)/Psychometric Test or any other test/assessment as part of selection process:
- The Bank reserves its right to call for the GD/ PI, candidates in a ratio, at its sole discretion. Wherever online test is conducted, candidates shall be called for GD and/or PI on the basis of their performance in the online test.
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment/Group Discussion &/or Interview. Candidates will be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment/GD &/or PI depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
- In case more than one candidate scores the cut off marks (common mark at cut off point), such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order.
- Psychometric Test/GD/ &/or PI shall be conducted to assess the candidate’s personality, level of communication, clarity & problem solving innovativeness, level of efficiency, willingness to work in any part of the country, suitability for the post etc.
- The minimum qualifying marks/percentage of marks for GD/PI would be 60% for General Category and 55% for Reserved Category. However, the Bank reserves the right to change the minimum qualifying criteria at its sole discretion.
- Candidates not clearing the GD/PI will not be considered for final selection. The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in Online test and/or PI and/or GD (as the case may be) and /or any other method of selection adapted in the said selection process.
- GD &/or PI score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- A candidate should qualify in all the processes of selection, i.e. Online Examination and/or GD and/or PI (as the case may be) and sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent allotment process.
- Subject to the vacancies available under the respective category, only those candidates who pass the online test/GD/ PI will be shortlisted for further selection.
Application Fee & Intimation Charge (Non-Refundable)
- Amount of Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non-refundable) SC/ ST/ Persons with Disability (PWD) – Rs.100/- plus applicable taxes & payment gateway charges
- GEN/ OBC /EWS – Rs.600/- plus applicable taxes & payment gateway charges
Mode of Payment
- Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fee/intimation charges through ONLINE mode only
- Candidates have the option of remitting fees via ONLINE MODE only, where the application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions
- The payment can be made using only Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen. iv. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt would be generated
- Candidates are required to take a print of the e-receipt and online application. Online payment receipt will have to be produced, at the time of online test or interview, as the case may be. vi. If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful
- Please register again.’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again
- Without call letter and online payment receipt, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for online Test/Interview/Selection Process
Check out below:
|Government Jobs 2020||Defence Jobs||Bank Jobs|
|PSU Jobs||Railway Jobs||State Govt Jobs 2020|
|Teaching Jobs||Insurance Jobs||UPSC Exam Recruitment|
Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applicants are required to apply Online through website www.bankofbaroda.co.in. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Applicants are required to have a valid personal email ID and Contact No. It should be kept active till completion of this recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for Online test, GD, interview etc. through the registered email ID. In case, a applicant does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/ her new email ID before applying Online. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person.
- Applicants should scan their photograph and signature, ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cmX3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure I to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
- Carefully fill in the necessary details in the Online Application Form at the appropriate places and submit the same Online.
- Use of special characters while filling the form will not be allowed. In case the applicant is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Applicant should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, applicant should submit the data.
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/entertained. Prior to submission of the online application applicants are advised to use the ‘SAVE AND NEXT’ facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT button. Visually Impaired applicants will be responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
- There is a provision to modify the online application prior to submission only. Applicants are requested to make use of this facility to correct the details in online application, if any.
- The name of the applicant and his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ mark sheets/photo identity proofs etc. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- An email/ SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the applicant’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated acknowledgement. If applicants do not receive the email and SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid
- Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the applicant personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage.