APSET 2020 AP State Eligibility Test Notification
APSET 2020 Notification – Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020 Notification had been issued on March by the Andhra University for recruitment as Assistant Professors/Lecturers in various University/Degree Colleges / Institutions of Higher Education in Andhra Pradesh. Interested applicants who want to appear in this examination can apply in this website by filling the application form through online mode on from 14th August 2020. Every year many of the applicants may appear in this test on the based on their eligibility criteria. Check out complete notification below and also eligibility criteria, important dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, results and more details for AP SET Exam 2020.
Also See: Indian Army TES 2021
APSET 2020 Notification Details
Name of the Organization
Name of the Test
APSET – Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test
Name of the Post
Lecturers and Assistant Professors
APSET 2020 Important Dates
APSET Notification Date
09th August 2020
Application Starting Date
14th August 2020
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee)
19th Sept. 2020
With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000+Registration Fee
29th Sept. 2020
With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000+Registration Fee
09th Oct. 2020
With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000+Registration Fee (Exam Centre at Visakhapatnam)
30th Oct. 2020
Downloading of Hall Ticket
26th November 2020
APSET 2020 Exam Date
06th December 2020
- The State Eligibility Test (SET) is based on the pattern of the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. The APSET 2020 Exam Is conducted in 31 subjects for which UGC has granted permission. The list of subjects is as follows:
- Archaeology; Anthropology; Chemical Sciences; Commerce; Computer Science & Applications; Economics; Education; English; Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences; Environmental Science; Geography; Hindi; History; Journalism & Mass Communication; Law; Linguistics; Life Sciences; Library & Information Science; Management; Mathematical Sciences; Philosophy; Physical Sciences; Physical Education; Political Sciences; Psychology; Public Administration; Sanskrit.
Also See:: FMGE 2020 Application Form
Eligibility Criteria for APSET 2020 Exam
- Applicants who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/ institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/ SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent exam are eligible for this Test
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam and whose result is still awaited or applicants whose qualifying exams have been delayed may also apply for this test
- However, such applicants will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree Exam or; equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC (Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category applicants. Such applicants must complete their P.G degree exam within one year from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified
- The PhD Degree holders whose Master’s Level Exam had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET
- Applicants are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor
APSET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applications should be submitted through online mode only; the registration fee for online submission and late fee, if application may be paid through payment gateway (Credit Card and Debit Card and Net Banking)
- Application is available on the websites andhrauniversity.edu.in or https://apset.net.in
- Syllabus and model question paper, test centers, related instructions, fees for late submissions and procedures for online submission of application are available on the websites andhrauniversity.edu.in and https://apset.net.in/home.aspx
- During the submission of the application form, there will be the specified amount of fee that applicant have to pay.
- General Category: Rs.1200-
- OBC category: Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST and PH category: Rs.700/-
- Applicants can pay the fee through any medium be it debit or credit cards, Bank Challan, etc.
APSET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The syllabus prescribed by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET for paper-I, Paper-II and paper-III without negative marks be adopted for APSET
- The question Paper-I which is common for all candidates appearing APSET will be bilingual (English and Telugu)
Paper-II for the following subjects:
- political Science
- Public administration
- Sociology and
- Social Work will be bilingual (English and Telugu)
- All the remaining papers are in English only
- The syllabus prescribed by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET for paper-I and Paper-II without negative marks be adopted for APSET. The Paper II & III are merged to become Paper-II
- First-I: 100 Marks; 50 questions all are compulsory; 1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 P.M.) IST
- Second-III: 200 Marks; 100 questions all are compulsory; 2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST
- There is no negative marking.
AP SET Exam Centre
- Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test will conducted at the following centres.
APSET Syllabus 2020 Details
- Applicants may study the following subjects for the APSET as paper wise.
- Paper -1: General Paper
- Paper -2: Anthropology, History, Chemical Sciences, Commerce, Computer Science & Application, Economics, Education, English, Earth, Atomspheric, Ocean & Planetary Science, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, Journalism and Mass Communications, Law, Life Sciences, Library and information Science, Management, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physical Education, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Sociology, Social Work, Telugu, Urdu, Visual Arts.
Documents necessary for APSET 2020 Certificate Verification
- SSC or equivalent certificate as the date of birth proof
- PG pass certificate either provisional degree or original degree
- PG marks statement of all semesters
- Case certificate by AP govt, if applicable
- PWD certificate, if applicable
- Proforma for certificate verification
- 4 Passport size photograph
- Documents of Address Proof
- The candidate who appears for AP SET can qualify if they meet the cut off marks. Candidates can see the full list of cut off according to category & Subject wise.
APSET Admit Card 2020
- All the applicants get admit card a week before the exam. The admit card will only be available for online download. Candidates can download the hall ticket from the official website of the authority. The authority will not send the admit card to any individual via post or email. The admit card will comprise important details regarding the examination schedule and venue. Without a valid hall ticket, no candidates will be allowed to sit for the exam. Candidates must bring the admit card along to the examination center on the day of the exam.
- The applicants who appeared in the exam can check there result online from the official website of the conducting authority.
- Andhra University announced the result most likely in July. Those who qualify the exam will be considered eligible for an appointment at the post of Assistant Professors/ Lecturers.
- IBPS PO 2020 Notification
- CDS 2 2020 Notification
- Indian Army Dental Corps Recruitment 2020
- SSC JHT Recruitment 2020 Notification
- IBPS RRB 2021 Notification