R.V. College of Engineering, Vision, Mission, Departments, Placements
About R.V.College of Engineering
R.V. College of Engineering – RVCE established in 1963 is one of the earliest self-financing engineering colleges in the country. The institution is run by Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust (RSST) a not for profit trust. The trust runs over 25 institutions and RVCE is the flagship institute under the trust. RVCE is today recognized as one of India’s leading technical institution.
Established in 1963 with three engineering branches namely Civil, Mechanical and Electrical, today RVCE offers 12 Under Graduate Engineering programs, 21 Master Degree programs and Doctoral Studies. Located 13 km from the heart of Bangalore City – the Silicon Valley of India, on Mysore Road. Sprawling campus spread over an area of 52 acres set in sylvan surroundings. Provides an ideal ambiance to stimulate the teaching-learning process, helping in bringing out skilled and disciplined Engineers. Rated one amongst the top ten self-financing Engineering Institutions in the country. Current annual student intake for Undergraduate Programs & Post Graduate Programs in Engineering is in excess of 1200. Highly qualified and dedicated faculty. Utilizes its expertise in various disciplines to conduct Research and Development for Industry and Defense establishments in the country.
Leadership in Quality Technical Education, Interdisciplinary Research & Innovation, with a Focus on Sustainable and Inclusive Technology.
- To deliver outcome-based Quality education, emphasizing on experiential learning with the state of the art infrastructure.
- To create a conducive environment for interdisciplinary research and innovation.
- To develop professionals through holistic education focusing on individual growth, discipline, integrity, ethics and social sensitivity.
- To nurture industry-institution collaboration leading to competency enhancement and entrepreneurship.
- To focus on technologies that are sustainable and inclusive, benefiting all sections of the society.
Achieving Excellence in Technical Education, Research and Consulting through an Outcome-Based Curriculum focusing on Continuous Improvement and Innovation by Benchmarking against the global Best Practices.
R.V. College of Engineering Departments
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science and Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Basic Sciences
Department of Placement and Training
The academic excellence at RVCE is reflected in its student’s exemplary record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. RVCE has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The graduates and postgraduates of RVCE have been recruited by some of the world’s leading corporate, besides leading Indian companies. The sheer diversity of Indian economy and society, whose different shades are represented among the students and faculty, prepares the students to work in global multicultural corporations/industries with the following agenda.
- To assist the development of graduates with the balanced set of technical skills, interpersonal skills and with a positive attitude to life.
- To act as a nodal agency in the Institution for forging technology. The alliance between the Departments of RVCE and the Industries.
- To act as a seamless conduit between the Industry and the Institute and provide quality technical manpower to suit every organizational need.
R.V. College of Engineering Address
Address: Mysuru Road, R. V. Vidyanikethan Post, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560059, Website: www.rvce.edu.in, Phone: 080671 78021.