Khalsa College Amritsar Courses | Khalsa College Courses Offered
Khalsa College, the premier-most institute of higher learning, was established by the leaders of the Singh Sabha Movement in 1892. They were inspired by the lofty ideals of the great Gurus. They planned it to be a growing institution which would strive forever to achieve the high degree of excellence of mind and body for the welfare of the youth. The architectural grandeur of its buildings and layout of its campus clearly demonstrate the will of the founders.
Research Degree Courses: M.Phil.in Botany, Commerce, Chemistry, English, Physics, Political Science, Punjabi and Zoology.
Post Graduate Courses: M.Sc. Agriculture (Agron., Agri. Eco., Hort., Soil Sc., Vegetable Sc., Entomology), M.Sc. in Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Fashion Designing, Maths, M.Sc.Comp.Sc., IT, M.A.in English, Punjabi, Pol.Sc., History, Economics, Religious Studies, Hindi, Journalism & Mass Communication, Performing Arts (Theatre / Music / Dance), Fine Arts, M.Com, M.Com (Finance), Master of Physiotherapy (Cardiopulmonary, Neurology).
Graduate Courses: B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri., Food Sc. & Tech., B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, B.C.A., B.Sc. Comp. Sc., IT, BIMT, BPT, Bachelor in Multi-Media (4 yrs.), B.Sc. (Medical and Non-Medical, Biotech., Economics), B.Com (Regular), B.Com (Hons.), B.Com (Finance & Accounting), BBA, B.A. (Social Sciences), Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Comm., Fashion Designing, B.A.(Hons.) Punjabi, English and B.A.
PG Diploma Courses: PG Diploma in Garment Construction & Fashion Designing. PGDCA, PG Diploma in Financial Services (Banking and Insurance), PG Diploma in Taxation, PG Diploma in Hospitality Management.
Diploma Courses: Diploma in Computer Application (Full Time and Part Time), Retail Management, Computerised Accounting, Nursery Management, Landscaping, Field Crops Cultivation, Organic Farming Bio-Pest Control, Seed Production Tech., Creative Writing, Agro Chemicals, Event Management.
Certificate Courses: Certificate course in Bee Keeping, Mushroom Cultivation, Greenhouse/Polybase Vegetable Cultivation, Fruit & Vegetable Processing, Computerised Accounting.
Add on Certificate Courses: Add-on Certificate Course in Spoken English, Creative Writing, Urdu, Still Photography, MLT, Fisheries, Prawn Culture, Sericulture, Legal Literacy.
About Training and Placement Cell
Since its inception, Training & Placement Cell of Khalsa College, Amritsar has carved a niche in the corporate sector. The cell offers its students different platforms for guiding & making them aware about latest trends in jobs which are required for a better perspective in different Public & Private sectors. The cell is serving the students to acquire training in software skills and communication skills by organizing seminars on Soft Skills Training Program, Interview Preparation & Personality Development, Placement Opportunities, Importance of Foreign Languages in Placements etc. Experts from reputed institutions and industries are invited to deliver lectures to students on topics beyond their regular curriculum to broaden their knowledge in various subjects. Special training classes are started to further strengthen the skills of the students and the cell is desperate to begin other Personality Development sessions for this purpose which will definitely enhance the capabilities of the students. Students are given abundant opportunities for grooming their skills via various on-campus placements in future also. Students of the institute are provided with ample support throughout the year in order to prepare for on-coming campus recruitment drives by various companies.
Due consideration is being given to coordinate with corporate sector for carrying outplacement drives throughout the year. Different companies those visited our college for campus placements were HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Genpact, Reliance, Tech Mahindra, Decathlon, TCS, B-Able, Unisys, Aon Hewitt, Lava Technologies & Wipro Technologies. Director, Training & Placements has been organizing all the events successfully related to Training & Placements, thereby creating a strong foundation for the career of the students.
Khalsa College Amritsar Fee Structure
About Fee Structure
- The above fee chart includes University charges.
- Rs. 5000/- as security (refundable) from M. Phil, M.Sc. (Physics/ Maths/ Botany/ Zoology / Computer Science / IT / Biotech / Food Science Technology / MPT and BPT part-I) at the time of admission has been included.
- Rs. 2000/- as security (refundable) for B.C.A., B.Sc. (I.T.), PGDCA, B.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.B.A., P.G.D.F.S., B.J.M.C and M.Sc. (Comp. Sc.), M.Sc. (I.T.) part-I at the time of admission has been included.
- For other courses, security of Rs. 1000/- for Graduate and Rs. 1500/- for Postgraduate at the time of 1st-year admission has been included in fee chart.
- The concessional rate of fee to a student belonging to Scheduled Caste/Backward Class is available only if the income from all sources of the family is not more than 2,50,000 (per annum) in case of Scheduled Caste and not more than 1,00,000/- per annum in case of Backward Class. Such student will produce SC/BC Certificate (with income) and an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper, duly attested by Executive Magistrate appointed by Punjab Govt. for attestation purpose along with a copy of Adhaar Card.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded
- The security will be refunded in the month of September/October in the year he/she leaves college. Security will lapse automatically if not withdrawn by 31st March of the following year and no claim whatsoever shall be entertained thereafter.
- As per the demand of the student’s Rs. 500/- will be added to Alumni fund from the refundable security.
- Keeping in view the welfare of students the Principal can reallocate any amount realized under one head to another head.
- No student can claim fee concession as a matter of right. The Principal may grant the fee concession on the basis of merit, economic condition, the conduct of the students, achievement in sports and other extracurricular activities.
Tags: khalsa college, khalsa college amritsar admission, khalsa college amritsar courses, khalsa college amritsar fee structure, khalsa college courses, khalsa college courses fee structure, khalsa college fee structure, khalsa university amritsar