SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Grade “C” & “D” Vacancies
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Posts on September 20th, 2019 on its official website ssc.nic.in. Eligible applicant can apply online through the official website on or before October 18th, 2019.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- The SSC will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Exam for recruitment of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group “B” Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade “D” (Group “C”) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Govt. of India.
- Only those applicants who have required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Details
- Organization Name: Staff Selection Commission
- Examination Name: SSC Stenographer Exam
- Category: SSC Stenographer Recruitment
- Name of Posts: Steno Grade C & D
- Vacancies: To be updated soon
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Date for Submission of Online Applications: September 20th, 2019 to October 18th, 2019
- Last date for Receipt of Application Form: October 18th, 2019 (17:00)
- Last date for Making Online Fee Payment: October 20th, 2019 (17:00)
- Last date for Generation of Offline Challan: October 20th, 2019 (17:00)
- Last date for Payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): October 22nd, 2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination: May 05th, 2020 to May 07th, 2020
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality / Citizenship
- Applicant must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that an applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India
- The applicant in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam, but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India
- Stenographer Grade “C”: 18 to 30 years as on 01st January 2020
- Stenographer Grade “D”: 18 to 27 years as on 01st January 2020
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified in Para-5 (a) and 5 (b) above and category codes for claiming age relaxation is as follows:
- Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit
- SC/ ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PwD (Unreserved) – 10 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) – 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
- Applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 – 05 years
- Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof – 03 years
- Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST) – 08 years
- Applicants must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University.
- All the degrees/diplomas /certificates including technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Govt. provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- All applicants who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01st January 2019, failing which the candidature of such applicants will be cancelled by the Commission.
- Applicants who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying exam was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the applicants at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Selection Criteria
- Applicants will be called for SSC Steno Computer Based Test. On the basis of their performance in Online Test, the merit list will be prepared for the skill test
- All those applicants who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Computer Based Examination.
Scheme of Examination
- SSC Steno Online Test – SSC Steno will be of 2 hours and 200 marks in the following subjects:
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|III||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Applicants are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Marks scored by applicants in Computer Based Exam will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- SSC Steno skill test will be of qualifying nature and will be conducted on the computer. There will be one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- It will be organized at various sub-regional offices or to some various other centers.
- Applicants will be given one dictation for the time period of 10 minutes in Hindi as well as English at the speed of 100 words per minute.
- This criterion is for stenographer grade ‘C’ posts and for grade ‘D’ it is 80 words per minute.
- Admit card will be issued to the applicants by SSC only through online.
- All the registered applicants can avail the official site of SSC in which the direct link is provided to download the admit card before 15 days of the examination.
- Applicants are advised to regularly visit the websites of the Commission Headquarters (i.e. https://ssc.nic.in) and concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional office of the Commission i.e. the website of Regional/ Sub-Regional Office under whose jurisdiction the exam centers opted by the applicant is located
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
- For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV of this Notice.
- Deadline for submitting online/offline application form will be in 18th October 2019. Application fee amounts to Rs.100/- but it is exempted for reserved as well as for the female applicants.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- Women applicants and applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of a fee.
- The applicants up to 20th October 2019 (05.00 PM) can pay the online fee. However, applicants who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 22nd October 2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 20th October 2019 (05.00 PM)
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected.