SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for 120 Posts, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2022 – Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is a reputed Organization that protects the interests of investors in securities and regulates the securities market. SEBI recruits a number of Grade A Officers once every two years through an official notification mentioning the vacancies and other details on its official website.
This year also SEBI has released 120 Grade A officer vacancies. The SEBI Grade-A, 2022 recruitment notification has been released. The last date to apply online for SEBI Recruitment 2022 is 20th February 2022.
SEBI Grade A 2022 Recruitment Details
- Organization Name: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Post: Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager)
- SEBI Grade A Vacancy: 120 Posts
- Category: Government Job
SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
- Start of Online Application: 05th January 2022
- Last date to apply online For SEBI Grade A: 24th January 2022
- Last date to Pay Fee of SEBI Grade A: 24th January 2022
- Last date to Print SEBI Grade A Application: 20th February 2022
- SEBI Grade A Admit Card release: February 2022
- SEBI Phase-I Online Examination: 20th February 2022
- SEBI Phase-II Online Exam: 20th March 2022 & 03rd April 2022 (IT)
- SEBI Phase-II Result: Dates will be intimated
- Phase III Interview: Dates will be intimated
SEBI Officer Grade A Vacancy Details
- SEBI Grade A officers are appointed in various streams. The total number of vacancies for SEBI Grade A Officers was 147 as per the previous notification
Officer Grade A – 120 Posts
General – 80 Posts
- UR – 32
- OBC -22
- SC – 11
- ST – 7
- EWS – 8
Legal – 16 Posts
- UR – 11
- OBC -2
- SC – 1
- ST – 1
- EWS – 1
IT – 14
- UR – 4
- OBC -2
- SC – 3
- ST – 3
- EWS – 1
Research – 07
- UR – 4
- OBC -2
- SC – 1
Official Language – 03
- UR – 2
- OBC – 1
Also See HPCL Recruitment 2022
Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2022
- General – Master’s Degree in any discipline, Bachelors’ Degree in Law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA / CFA / CS / CWA.
- Legal – Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University / Institute.
- IT – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Electronics And Communication / Information Technology / Computer Science) OR Masters in Computers Application OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a post graduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in Computers / Information Technology.
- Research – Master’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance) / Econometrics from a recognized University / Institute.
- Official Language – Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level or Master’s Degree in Sanskrit / English / Economics / Commerce with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level from a recognized University / Institute
Age Limit (as on 31.12.2021)
- A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on December 31, 2021 i.e., candidate must have been born on or after January 01, 1992.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them;
- Only those candidates belonging to ‘Non Creamy Layer’ are eligible to apply under OBC Category. The OBC candidates who belong to ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to apply under OBC Category. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘Unreserved’. Candidates belonging to the OBC (NCL) category should be in possession of OBC (NCL) certificate issued on or after 01.04.2021 and before the date of document verification at the time of interview. OBC (NCL) certificate shall be submitted by such candidates at the time of interview (if called for interview). No request for extension of time for production of OBC (NCL) Certificate beyond the said date shall be entertained.
- Candidates qualifying for Phase III i.e interview under OBC category would be required to submit OBC(NCL) certificate, as mentioned in the advertisement, at the time of interview,. In case candidates fail to produce the same at the time of interview, they will not be allowed to appear for interview. Further, their request for interview under General category will also not be entertained.
- Relaxation of 10 (ten) years for PwBD candidates shall be applicable whether the post is reserved or not. Relaxation of 13 (thirteen) years for PwBD (OBC) candidates where vacancies are reserved for OBC candidates. Relaxation of 15 (fifteen) years for PwBD (SC/ST) candidates where vacancies are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxation of 5 (five) years for Ex-servicemen. Ex-servicemen include Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers, who have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released a) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from December 31, 2021) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or b) on account of physical disability physical disability attributable to Military Service or c) on invalidment. Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under the category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities and Ex-servicemen will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation.
SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply On-Line through the website sebi.gov.in from January 05, 2022 to January 24, 2022 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates need not submit the system generated print out of the ON-LINE application to SEBI’s office
Detailed Guidelines/Procedures for:
- Application Registration
- Payment of Fees
- Uploading of Photograph
- Uploading of Signature, Left Thumb impression and Handwriting declaration
- Applicants are required to go to SEBI’s website ‘sebi.gov.in’ and open the link “Careers”. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “SEBI RECRUITMENT EXERCISE – RECRUITMENT OF OFFICER GRADE A (ASSISTANT MANAGER) – 2022” and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-ID. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the “COMPLETE REGISTRATION” BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate and his/her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the “VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS” and “SAVE & NEXT” button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, Left Thumb impression and hand writing declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines detailed under point “C” given below.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before “COMPLETE REGISTRATION”.
- Modify details, if required, and click on “COMPLETE REGISTRATION” only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on “PAYMENT” Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on “SUBMIT” button.
- Candidates shall be solely responsible for filling up the online applications correctly. In case of invalid applications due to errors committed by the applicant no claims for refund of application fees/intimation charges so collected shall be entertained by the Board.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to pay the application fees/ intimation charges and register online at the earliest.
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
- Unreserved/OBC/EWSs Rs.1000/- as application fee cum intimation charges
- SC/ ST/ PwBD – 100/- as intimation charges
Payment of Fees Online Mode
- Payment of application fee/ intimation charges has to be done after successful registration of the application else application will be treated as cancelled.
- Candidates have to pay the requisite fees/intimation charges only through ON-LINE mode.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using only Debit Cards (Rupay/ Visa/ Master Card/Maestro), Credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a print of online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert it to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2022 Selection Process
- The selection process will comprise three stages as discussed below.
- Phase I: on-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each
- Phase II: on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each)
- Phase III: Interview
- The final selection of the candidates will be made on the marks secured by the candidate in the Phase-II examination and the interview.
SEBI Officer Grade A Exam Pattern Phase 1
- The exam will consist of two papers (Multiple Choice questions of 100 marks each)
- There shall be negative marking of 1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for the Paper 1 and Paper 2.
|Paper 1||General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||1 hour|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 mins|
|Legal, Information Technology & Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to the stream||100||40 min|
|Research Stream:– Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce|
SEBI Qualifying Marks
- You need to score a minimum 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of minimum 40% for Paper 2.
SEBI Phase 2 Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||1 hour|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 min|
|Legal, and Official Language stream: Questions on Specialized subject related to stream||100||40 min|
|Research Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce|
|Information Technology Stream: Coding Test (Languages: C++/JAVA/Python)||100||180 min|
Service Conditions/ Pay and Allowances
- The successful candidates recruited for the post of Officer Grade ‘A’ shall undergo probation of two years. The candidates shall be confirmed in the services of SEBI subject to their satisfactory performance during the probation period.
SEBI Officer Grade A Pay Scale
- The pre-revised pay scale of officers in Grade A is ₹ 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
- Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. ₹1,15,000/- p.m. without accommodation and ₹80,500/- p.m. with accommodation.
- Other benefits viz., Leave Fare Concession, Medical Expenses, Eye Refraction, Education Allowance, Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Conveyance Expenses, House Cleaning Allowance, Staff Furnishing Scheme, Scheme for Purchasing Computers, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI.
- Accommodation: Residential accommodation would be provided subject to availability.
- Posting: The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices. The recruited officers may be posted to any department of SEBI, irrespective of stream.
Download of Call Letters
- Candidates will have to visit the website sebi.gov.in for downloading call letters for online examination. Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter which should be the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in this advertisement and also specified in the call letter and (iii) Photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
- Note:- Separate call letter shall be issued for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of Phase II of Information Technology Stream for candidates who clear Phase I examination in Information Technology Stream. Candidates shall be required to download the same from the website sebi.gov.in.