OSSTET 2018 – Exam Date, Application, Admit Card, Exam Pattern
OSSTET 2018 – Board of Secondary Education Odisha (BSEO) has announced notification of Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2018. Here you can check out the complete details about OSSTET exam date, application procedure, exam pattern, admit card, fees, eligibility criteria and more info of Odisha TET 2018.
Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test 2018 announced
The Government have decided that, to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the secondary schools of the state, one should pass teacher eligibility test and accordingly, the following guidelines have been framed for conduct of the Teacher Eligibility Test called OSSTET in the State.
OSSTET shall be conducted once in a year or as decided by the Government as per need.
OSSTET Exam Date 2018
- OSSTET 2018 Application Form available: 10th September 2018
- Last Date to Submit Online Application Form: 17th September 2018
- Last date to make payment for the offline application form: 17th September 2018
- Last Date to make Payment for the Online Application Form: 18th September 2018
- Downloading of Admit Card: To be announced
- Date of Exam: To be announced
Also check more Entrance Exams
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form Applicant should go through the eligibility criteria first. If the Applicant will not full fill all the eligibility criteria then that Applicant will not be allowed to appear in the exam. From below Applicant can see the Eligibility Criteria for OSSTET 2018.
Nationality: Applicant must hold Indian Citizenship.
Read and Write: Applicant must be able to read and write in Odia language.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized board of Odisha or any other state with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/ Second or Third Language.
- Applicant must have passed the Odia Examination of 10/12th standard, Single Subject Examination conduct by the B.S.E., Odisha.
- Applicants who have passed Odia Examination in 07th Standard conducted by B.S.E., Odisha are also eligible.
Requisite Academic & Professional Qualification
The Exam will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in two different categories.
- Category I: Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telugu).
- Category II: Physical Education Teacher.
OSSTET for these two categories are mentioned in the schedule/ table below:
Trained Graduate Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/ Commerce or Shastri (Sanskrit) Degree with two school subjects as Honours/Elective/Pass/Optional from a recognised university having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants) and;
- Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) from a NCTE Recognised Institution or;
- Four years integrated B.A. B.Ed. from NCTE recognised Institution with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at annexure-I) having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST /PH / SEBC Applicants)
Trained Graduate Science (PCM/ CBZ)
- Bachelor’s Degree in science / B. Tech/ B.E. Degree with two schools subject as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional from a recognised university having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST /PH / SEBC Applicants) and;
- Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) from a NCTE Recognised Institution or;
- Four years integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. from a NCTE Recognised Institution with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional (list of school subjects at annexure-I) having 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants)
Also check latest BEd Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University with Hindi as one of the Honours/ Elective/ Optional/ Pass subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants);
- Any one of the following training qualifications.
- Hindi Sikshyan Parangat from Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra.
- B.H.Ed. a course prescribed by NCTE, from a recognized University/ Institution.
- B.Ed in Hindi, a course prescribed by NCTE , from Dakhin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Madras or;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants) with one of the following qualifications:
- Rastrabhasa Ratna from Rastrabhasa Prachar Samiti, Wardha,
- Shastri (Hindi) from Orissa Rastrabhasa Parisad, Puri.
- Snataka (Acquired by June -2005, the date up to which the temporary recognition has been granted) from Hindi Sikshya Samiti, Odisha, Cuttack.
Classical Teacher (Sanskrit)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Sanskrit as one of the Honours/ Elective / Optional/ Pass subject from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/SEBC Applicants) and;
- Sikshya Shastri (Sanskrit), a course prescribed by NCTE, from a Recognised University/ Institution or;
- Degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants) from a recognized university and Sikshya Shastri (Sanskrit), a course prescribed by NCTE, from a Recognised University / Institution.
Classical Teacher (Urdu)
- Alim with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for PH Applicants) and; B.Ed./ Urdu B.Ed. from a NCTE Recognised University/ Institution or; B.A. (Persian) WITH 50% marks in aggregate (45% PH Applicants); and B.Ed./ Urdu B.Ed. from a NCTE Recognised University/ Institution.
Classical Teacher (Telgu)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts having Telgu as subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC) Applicants) and; Telgu B. Ed. from a University / Institution recognized by NCTE.
Physical Education Teacher
- +2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized institution with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC) Applicants) and; C.P.Ed. / B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed. From a recognized Board/ University.
OSSTET 2018 Exam Pattern
There shall be two papers of the OSSTET viz Paper-I and Paper-II.
Persons having requisite academic and training qualifications as per Category-I have to appear in Paper –I of the Exam.
Persons having requisite academic and training qualification as per Category–II have to appear in Paper-II of the exam.
OSSTET Test Duration
- Mode of OSSTET: Offline (Objective type question)
- Number of marks in Paper I: 550
- Number of marks in Paper II: 60
- Compulsory Subject in Paper I: English and Odia
The Duration of the Test in each paper shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes. All questions will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one is correct. There shall be Four Sections in each paper.
- In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
- In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
- In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages/ scripts.
The questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II- Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed. Course and shall be in English.
In Section-IV the questions in Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management and Evaluation shall be in English and Compulsory for both the categories.
There shall be no negative marking.
The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC Applicants the minimum pass mark shall be 50%.
Issue of Certificate and Mark Sheet
Successful Applicants shall be awarded OSSTET Pass Certificate by the B.S.E., Odisha.
Validity of OSSTET Certificate.
The OSSTET Pass Certificate shall remain valid till the Applicant reaches the upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers as per rules or executive instructions prescribed by the Govt. from time to time.
OSSTET Admit Card 2018
After completion of the application process, admit card for the exam will be released. The Applicants who will fill the application form in time will able to download the admit card from the official website at bseodisha.nic.in.
The admit card will be released online no other mode will be introduced for downloading it. For downloading the admit card Applicants have to provide the login credentials on the website.
The direct link will be provided here for the Applicants. So that they can avail it easily.
OSSTET 2018 Application Procedure
The Information Brochure and Online Application Form are available in the website www.bseodisha.ac.in.
Syllabus of the entrance examination is available in the website as well as in the Information Brochure.
How to Apply Instruction
Applications are invited from eligible Applicants for appearing at the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2018 as per the following guidelines:
Applications shall be received through ONLINE mode only on visiting the Link website www.osstet.in.
ONLINE link will be available (24 X 7) from 10th September 2018, 12.00 Noon till 17th September 2018, 11.45 pm.
The payment of fee shall be done through SBI Collect either in online or offline mode latest by 11.45 pm of 17th September 2018. However filling up of forms through online can be carried out till 18th September 2018 midnight.
The step by step instructions for online registration, guidelines containing applicability, eligibility & qualifying criteria of the Applicants, syllabus & its structure, instructions for physical handicapped Applicants & format for continuing certificate are available in the website www.bseodisha.nic.in.
The date for downloading of Admit Cards & date of the Exam shall be notified in due course. Under no circumstances the last date for submission of application forms shall be extended.
- Application Fee is Rs.500/- to be paid through SBI Collect Portal.