- PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2016
- Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER MSc Nursing Course 2016
- Important Dates for MSc Nursing Course 2016
- PGIMER MSc Nursing 2016 Exam Scheme
- Selection Method for PGIMER MSc Nursing Admission
- Mode of Payment
- How to Apply – PGIMER MSc Nursing Course 2016 ..?
PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2016
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh has been invited applications for MSc Nursing Course 2016 session through entrance exam.
Number of Seats: M.Sc Nursing – 31 Seats (Gen – 12, SC – 04, ST – 02, OBC – 07 OPH* – 01 & For PGI Staff (Gen-03, ST – 01, OBC – 02).
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER MSc Nursing Course 2016
B.Sc Nursing / Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55 percent marks in aggregate.
Applicants should have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by April 16th, 2016 (the last date for submission of applications) in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc Nursing.
Applicants must be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male Applicants fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
Important Dates for MSc Nursing Course 2016
Date of Registration of Application for Downloading of Challan Form: March 17th 2016
Date of Closing Registration /Challan: April 16th 2016
Bank will accept the Fee Upto: April 21st 2016
Date of MSc Nursing Entrance Exam: July 03rd 2016 at 10.00 am
Declaration of Result: July 04th 2016 at 09.00 am
Date of Counseling: July 05th 2016 at 02.30 pm
PGIMER MSc Nursing 2016 Exam Scheme
Written test is of objective type and in English language on the following subjects: Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Obstetric Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Trends in Nursing, General Knowledge.
Question paper will consist of 100 Questions of Objective Type with a Single Correct response out of four options. Negative Marking (0.25) will be done for Wrong Answers.
Merit list of Applicants is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Online Entrance Exam. Merit list is prepared for each category of Applicants viz.:
- SC/ST & OBC
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- PGI deputed Applicants to the courses of B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) and M.Sc Nursing.
Check out Study Materials for PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance 2016
Selection Method for PGIMER MSc Nursing Admission
The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the Applicants in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50 percent for Applicants belonging to General category including foreign Applicants and 45 percent for the Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC & OPH.
In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER Chandigarh shall be final.
Applicants will be invited for interview strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance exam; the number of Applicants to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from Applicants who fulfill the cut off points.
Fee Details and Others Dues
1) Fee – Tuition Fee Rs.350/-, Library Fee Rs.50/-, Laboratory Fee Rs.900/-, Games Fee Rs.30/-, Amalgamated Fund Rs.720/-
2) Other Fees/Funds – Security/Caution Money (*Refundable) Rs 10,000/-, Migration Fee Rs.100/-, Registration Fee Rs.500/-, Exam Fee Rs.400/-
3) Hostel Charges (Subject to Change) – Hostel/Room Rent (per annum) Rs.1200/-; Hostel Security one time (refundable) Rs.1500/-; Hostel Fund on admission Rs.2000/-; Electricity charges (per annum) Rs.500/-
For General / OBC /Sponsored Applicants: Rs.1000/-
For SC/ST Applicants: Rs.800/-
Mode of Payment
All the Applicants are directed to deposit the above fees in the branches of State Bank of India by filling the Challan form in the name of “Director, PGIMER”, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those Applicants who have SBI account can also pay the their fee through i-collect service of SBI.
How to Apply – PGIMER MSc Nursing Course 2016 ..?
Applicants are required to apply online through PGIMER, Chandigarh website www.pgimer.edu.in
No other means/mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID; in case, a Applicant does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she must create his/her new email ID before applying Online.
Applicants should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the Admission process as PGIMER may send intimations related to admissions etc.
The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
Procedure for Online Application Form
- After opening the PGIMER website i.e. pgimer.edu.in, the Applicant will open the Application Form available on the website and fill up various columns.
- After filling up all the columns, the Applicant will generate Challan Form and deposit the requisite fee in any Branch of State Bank of India anywhere in India; after that the Applicant fill the Challan Form No./I-collect No. in the Application Form.
- The Applicant will download / print the filled Application for and paste a photograph on the available space and place his/her signature on the Application Form.
- The Applicant will attach all the relevant certificates / Annexures and Challan Form with the Application and sent the same to the Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh.
Tags: m.sc programs, master degrees, MSc Admission in India, MSc Course in PGIMER, msc entrance exam, MSc Nursing, MSc Nursing Courses, MSc Nursing Programs, Nursing Courses, nursing entrance test, online master degrees, online msc nursing, online msc nursing courses, pg courses, PGI MSc Nursing, pgi msc nursing courses, PGI Nursing Application Form, pgi nursing courses, PGI Nursing Entrance Exam, PGIMER MSc Entrance Exam, PGIMER MSc Nursing, PGIMER MSc Nursing Admission, PGIMER MSc Nursing Application Form, pgimer msc nursing course 2016, PGIMGR MSc Nursing Eligibility