MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2016 at HPU Shimla
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Shimla has invited applications for admission to M.Sc Nursing (2years degree course) in Sister Nivedita Govt. College Nursing of IGMC, Shimla through an objective type (MCQ) Entrance Test for 2016-17 sessions.
Number of Seats
- Medical Surgical Nursing (05 Seats)
- Community health Nursing (05 Seats)
- Obstetric Nursing (05 Seats)
- Child Health Nursing (05 Seats)
- Mental Health Nursing (05 Seats)
Out of total number of seats, 60% seats will be filled-up by the in-service applicants of Himachal Pradesh Govt. and 40% seats will be filled-up from open competition.
Group /Quota-wise distribution of seats between in-service and direct applicants in the ratio of 60:40 in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC Shimla is as under:
Total Number of Seats: 25 seats.
For In-service group/quota (60%) – 15 seats
For Direct Group/quota (40%) – 10 Seats
Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which Male & female applicants are eligible subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent exam from recognizsed Board/University established by Law in India with minimum 45% aggregate marks; for SC/ST/OBC applicants the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 40%.
- Applicants should be registered as registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with H.P State Nurses registration council Shimla/any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counseling.
- Applicants should be B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing trained from the recognizsed Institutions not less than 55% aggregate marks.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form.
The admission to the M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course shall be on the basis of merit of Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University on the date notified in the prospectus.
The name and address of the exam centre will be communicated on the admit cards to be uploaded on the website by the University for appearing in the Entrance Test. Exam Centre once allotted to the applicant will not be changed. However, University reserves the right to allot any centre in view of exigencies.
Syllabus & Pattern of the Entrance Exam
The Exam shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM/B.Sc. Nursing Studies.
The medium of examination shall be English.
The question paper will be objective (MCQ) type. There will be only 4 (Four) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will correct.
Total questions will be 150 (one hundred fifty). Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 (two) hours. There will be No Negative Marking.
How to Apply?
The applicants may apply for M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test through online Application Form only through the Website www.hpuniv.in
Admission Form as attached in the Prospectus duly completed in all respects along with attested photocopies of documents is to be submitted personally by the qualified applicants at the time of counselling / admission.
Log on to website www.hpuniv.in applicant must download the prospectus and replica of online application form to read it carefully to satisfy her eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of online application form for appearing in the test.
Details of Entrance Test Fee: For General Category Rs.2500/-; and for SC/ST Categories Rs.1250/-.
Online Application Form filling starts: July 25th 2016
Last date for filling the Online Application Form: August 18th 2016
Last date of receipt of Confirmation copy of online Application at Entrance Tests Section H.P.U. Shimla: August 22nd 2016
Tentative Date of Uploading of Admit Card: August 26th 2016 onwards
Date of HPU M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test: September 04th 2016
Date of Displaying the Answer Key: September 07th to September 09th 2016
Tentative Date of Declaration of Result: September 15th 2016
Tentative Date of Issuance of Merit List: September 19th 2016
Date of 1st Round of Counselling for Admission: September 26th 2016
Date of Joining & Depositing Fee/Medical Exam: September 28th 2016
Date of 2nd Round of Counselling (if needed): October 06th 2016
Date of Joining & Depositing Fee/Medical Exam: October 13th 2016
Tags: Himachal Pradesh University, hpu shimla, Master of Science, masters degrees, masters programs, MSc Application Form, msc entrance exam, MSc Entrance Test, MSc Exam, MSc Nursing, nursing admission form, Nursing Courses, nursing entrance test, nursing in himachal, nursing in hpu shimla, nursing in shimla, nursing program, online msc nursing, online msc nursing program