Savitribai Phule Pune University – M.Phil Entrance Exam 2017
Savitribai Phule Pune University M.Phil Admission 2017 – M.Phil Entrance Exam, eligibility, application form, entrance exam date, exam pattern, application deadlines and more
Savitribai Phule Pune University has invited applications from all eligible applicants for admission to M.Phil Programme in the University Departments and Recognized Research Centres for the academic year 2017-18.
Name of the Subjects: Marathi, Sanskrit and Prakrit Languages, History, Library and Information Science, Philosophy, Sociology, Defence & Strategic Studies, Women’s Studies, Mathematics, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Botany, Communication Studies, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Education & Extension (Regular & Vocational), Physical Education.
M.Phil Eligibility Criteria 2017
- Applicants have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment & Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of applicants as per policies of the Govt. of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
Exemption from Appearing in Entrance Exam:
Applicants qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR-NET (Including JRF) SLET//GATE (valid score) or teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from the Entrance Test for M.Phil. Program
M.Phil Programme by a two stage Process through:
- Entrance Exam, which shall be a qualifying test. The Entrance Exam will be of 100 marks with multiple type choice questions
- Personal interview of applicants qualifying in Entrance Test Applicants exempted from Entrance Examination, to be conducted by the respective Recognized Research Centre
Entrance Exam Paper consists of 2 Parts:
- Research Methodology – 50 Marks
- Subject Specific- 50 Marks
Total Marks: 100 Marks
Total Questions: 100 Marks
All questions with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 01 marks. No negative marking system.
Online admit card (Hall Ticket) should be downloaded by the applicants before 5 days of the online examination, using the same login Id and Password. Applicant should take the print out of the Hall Ticket.
Duration & Timing of Entrance Exam: 02 Hours, 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm
The standard of Passing: 50% marks.
- For Appearing M.Phil. Entrance Exam = For Open – Rs.1000/-; for Reservation – Rs.750/-
- ‘Exempted from appearing Entrance Exam = For Open – Rs.800/-; For Reservation – Rs.600/-
Payment Mode: Payment method using online Payment – Debit/Credit Card Net Banking.
Pune University M.Phil Application Form
The application is Available Online on the Website www.appl.unipune.ac.in; before filling the online application please check the vacant position for admission displayed on University website.
Applicant shall upload following documents along with Online Application: (a) Photo copy of Marks Statement of Master’s Degree; b) Photo copy of the Caste Certificate in case of Reserved Category Applicants (if applicable); (c) Photo copy of the Non – Creamy layer Certificate in case of Reserved Category Applicants (if applicable); (d) Photo copy of the Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon in case of Persons with Disabilities (PH) applicants (if applicable); (e) Document required for exemption candid.
Applicants are NOT required to submit a printout of application/documents to the University after online submission of application. However, these documents are to be submitted to the respective research center at the time of personal interview.
Pune University M.Phil Application Deadlines 2017
Commencement of filling Online Application: July 26th, 2017
Last Date of filling Online Application: August 14th, 2017
Date of online M.Phil. Entrance Examination: September 10th 2017
Publication of result on the University Website: September 10th 2017
Tags: m.phil application fee, m.phil application form 2017, m.phil courses, m.phil eligibility, m.phil entrance exam, m.phil exam pattern, m.phil programme, online m.phil admission, pune university, pune university admission, pune university m.phil admission, pune university research programs, savitribai phule pune university