- Admission to MBA, MCA, ME, MTech, M.Arch, M.Plan Programs 2017
Admission to MBA, MCA, ME, MTech, M.Arch, M.Plan Programs 2017
Applications have been invited for the TANCET 2017 to be conducted by Anna University Chennai on behalf of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu from applicants who seek admission to MBA, MCA & ME / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan Degree Programs in Tamil Nadu for 2017 session.
Programmes of Study
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Engineering (M.E) / Master of Technology (M.Tech) / Master of Architecture (M.Arch) / Master of Planning (M.Plan)
Important Dates for TANCET 2017
Commencement of Registration in Person/Registration through Internet on January 27th, 2017
Last date for registration of application extended: February 20th, 2017
Date of Entrance Test
MCA: March 25th, 2017
MBA: March 25th, 2017
ME / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan: March 26th, 2017
Eligibility Criteria for TANCET 2017 Programs
Eligibility for MBA
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50 percent (45 percent in the case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree exam.
- 10+2+3 years pattern (or)
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern (or)
- B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Pharm (or)
- (i) 10+2 + AMIE (or) ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Eligibility for MCA
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 percent (45 percent in the case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree exam.
- 10+2+3 / 4 years Pattern (or)
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern
- (i) 10+2 + AMIE (or) (ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
Eligibility for MCA Lateral Entry
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 percent (45 percent in the case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
10+2+3 years Pattern.
Check out Study Materials for TANCET 2017 Exam
- TANCET M.E MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Exam Book
- TANCET MCA
- TANCET M.E. Civil Engineering
- TANCET M.E Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- TANCET M.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
- TANCET ME Mechanical Engineering (TANCET M.E)
- TANCET MBA
- TANCET Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test: Entrance Exam Anna University
- TANCET ME COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING&INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
Eligibility for M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.Plan Courses
a) A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained at least 50 percent (45 percent in the case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination
- B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch (or)
- B.Pharm/B.Sc (Agri./ Forestry / Horticulture / Fishery) degree programme (or)
- Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed (or)
- M.Sc (5 years) Integrated (or)
- B.Sc 3 years (Computer Science/Information Technology) and MSc 2 years (Computer Science/Information Technology
- MCA (3 years) after 10+2+3 years bachelor’s degree
- MCA Lateral Entry (2 years) after 10+2+3 years degree in BCA or BSc (Computer Science / Information Technology)
b) (i) 10+2 + AMIE (or)
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
Applicants have to submit only one application for the Entrance Test for all the above PG Programs.
The applicants have to pay a fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate) as entrance test fee for any one of the Programs either (1) MBA or (2) MCA or (3) ME/M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan.
If a applicant desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he/she has to pay Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu) along with the filled-in application.
The entrance test will be held at the following cities: 1) Chennai 2) Coimbatore 3) Chidambaram 4) Dindigul 5) Erode 6) Karaikudi 7) Madurai 8) Nagercoil 9) Salem 10) Thanjavur 11) Tirunelveli 12) Tiruchirappalli 13) Vellore 14) Villupuram 15) Virudhunagar
Hall Ticket and Mark Sheet
The Registration Number assigned in the Hall Ticket should be entered at the appropriate place in the admission application form to be filled with the respective admitting authority later.
Hall ticket will be issued immediately after registration in person; all the eligible applicants who have registered through internet must download the hall tickets from the website www.annauniv.edu
Hall Ticket must be produced at the time of Entrance Test and also at the time of admission; if the hall ticket is lost after the test, a duplicate hall ticket can be obtained on payment of Rs.100/- in form of a Demand Draft (DD), with a written request to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai-600025”, including the Registration No/Application No and the name of the Exam Centre.
Mark sheets will be dispatched to the applicants within 10 days from the date of publication of results of the entrance test to the address given in the application.
The mark sheet should be procedure at the time of admission.
Payment for duplicate Hall Ticket/Mark Sheet should be made in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) obtained from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of the Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai, payable at Chennai.
Tags: online tancet, Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test, tancet, tancet 2017, tancet 2017 admit card, tancet 2017 application form, tancet 2017 applications, tancet 2017 dates, tancet 2017 eligibility, tancet 2017 exam dates, tancet 2017 mba program, tancet 2017 notification, tancet 2017 results, tancet 2017 syllabus, TANCET Engineering Programs, TANCET Exam Dates, TANCET Exam Pattern, TANCET MBA Entrance Exam, TANCET MCA Entrance, TANCET MCA Program, TANCET MTech Course