Research Scholarship 2017 at London | International Scholarship Program
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has invited applications for the selection of Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute, King’s College, London in 2017.
About Inlaks Scholarships
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs.
The ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’ is geared to assist registered PhD students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
About the Award
The ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’ offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at King’s College London. The Studentship will cover:
- Reasonable airfare (booked by Inlaks on the student’s behalf)
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate (up to Rs.115000/- per month)
- Funds for buying materials and books, and making copies of relevant literature (up to Rs.65000/-)
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold confirmed PhD registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
- Have a first-class degree at either Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
- Be under 35 years of age on 31st December in the year of applying.
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
- Subjects for which the Grant is Available: Humanities and Social Sciences.
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship Application Form
(i) Fully filled the form for ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’. The forms may be downloaded here: Application Form.
(ii) Updated CV/ Resume limited to two pages only: PDF.
(iii) The sample of written work on the subject of the applicant’s research; this should preferably be a draft (with full annotation and documentation) of a chapter of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys, or any other work done towards the thesis. (3000-5000 words).
(iv) A written and signed statement from the applicant’s supervisor stating: The applicant’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision; the candidate’s need to go abroad.
The completed forms and other documents must be sent by email to the address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, with the title “Application for Inlaks Research Studentship”.
Scholarship Application Deadlines
The Deadline for receiving Applications for the Grants is October 01st 2017
The visit should commence between January – May 2018