BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2018 | IISER BS-MS Dual Degree Admission
Admissions to 5 year BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2018 in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram (Autonomous institutions under MHRD, Govt. of India).
It is a 5 year dual degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class XII. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes and science based industries.
Eligibility for BS-MS Dual Degree Program
Applicants satisfying at least one of the following three criteria are eligible to apply:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): Valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2018 academic session; additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
IIT-JEE (Advanced) 2018: Students securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2018 rank list for admissions to IITs. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
State and Central Boards: Students securing with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in class XII board examination, as notified in website.
For the applicants belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the SC/ST and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) applicants is 55% in class XII for all boards.
Scholarship: BS-MS students are eligible for either KVPY or INSPIRE scholarship based on continued academic performance.
IISER BS-MS Dual Degree Application Form 2018
Applications for the admission must be submitted online www.iiseradmission.in. The application portal will open in the May 2018.
There is a Non-refundable Application Fee of Rs.1500/- (Rs.750/- for applicants applying under SC/ST category).
Please follow instructions for filling up the application for and other relevant details on this website www.iiseradmission.in
IISER BS-MS Application Fee
There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1500/- (Rs.750/- for applicants applying under SC/ST category).
Seats Availability: Total of 950 students in all IISERs put together.
IISER BS-MS Dual Degree Admission Dates 2018
Date of Opening of Application JEE/KVPY/SCB: May 2018
Closing of application portal (KVPY): 2nd week of June 2018
Closing of application portal (IIT-JEE): June 2018
Closing of application portal (SCB): June 2018
IISER Aptitude Test (SCB): July 2018
IISER SCB Aptitude Test: 2nd week July 2018
Centres for Aptitude Test for State and Central Boards Channel
- Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bangalore)
- Baroda (The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda)
- Bhopal (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal)
- Bhubaneswar (National Institute Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar)
- Calicut To be announced
- Chennai(Indian Institute of Technology Madras)
- Delhi (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi)
- Guwahati (Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati)
- Hyderabad (Kendriya Vidyalaya, Uppal No. 1, Hyderabad)
- Kolkata (Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata)
- Mohali (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali)
- Mumbai (Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai)
- Nagpur (Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur)
- Pune (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune)
- Thiruvananthapuram (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram)
- Varanasi (Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi)
The Centre where the applicant wants to take the aptitude test must be specified in the online application form.