SSC CGL 2020 Notification – Combined Graduate Level Exam
SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification – Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020 (Tier-I) for selecting applicants for Tier-II Exam for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/Organizations from May 29 to June 7, 2021.
The online Application Form for SSC CGL 2020-21 Recruitment will be available from December 29, 2020, to January 31, 2021. To know the details of the post, eligibility conditions like age, essential qualification, centres of exam, syllabus, mode of selection etc. applicants should go through the recruitment notification on SSC website.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification
SSC CGL 2020 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2020)
Staff Selection Commission
Online (Computer- Based Test)
Group B and C officers under central Government
SSC CGL 2020-21 Important Dates
Dates for Submission of Online Applications
29th December to 31st January 2021
Last date and time for receipt of online applications
31st January 2021 (23:30)
Last date and time for making online fee payment
02nd February 2021 (23:30)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan
04th February 2021 (23:30)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)
06th February 2021
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)
29th May to 07th June 2021
Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper)
To be notified later
SSC CGL 2020-21 Vacancy Details
- SSC conducts SSC CGL every year to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices.
- Organization’s Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Name: Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE)
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- This shows the Posts which are likely to be filled up from this examination.
- Applicant must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt. of India
- Applicant in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam, but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by Govt. of India
- The applicants must belong to the age group of 20 to 30 years to apply for SSC CGL, however, the age limits vary depending on the position applied
For the posts for which age limit is 18-27 years
Applicant must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003.
For the posts for which age limit is 20-27 years
Applicant must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2001.
For the posts for which age limit is 20-30 years
Applicant must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2001.
For the posts for which age limit is up to 30 years
Applicant must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-2003.
For the post for which age limit is upto 32 years
Applicant must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1989 and not later than 01-01-2003.
- Some of the categories such as OBC, SC, ST, PH, etc are given relaxation in age to provide them an opportunity to apply for CGL. Know the details:
- OBC – 3 years
- ST/SC – 5 years
- PH + Gen – 10 years
- PH + OBC – 13 years
- PH + SC/ST – 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Gen) – 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC) – 6 years
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) – 8 years
- Wondering if your qualifications are up to the mark as required to apply for this exam? Know about the post wise educational qualifications required to apply online for SSC CGL exam:
- Assistant Audit Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University OR Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
- Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level
- Statistical Investigator Grade-II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The applicants must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
- All Other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
- All applicants who are declared qualified by the Commission for appearing at the Data Entry Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/Provisional Certificate/Certificate of Graduation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification, failing which the candidature of such applicants will be canceled by the Commission
- Applicants who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying exam was declared on or before the cut-off date and him/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the Educational Qualification
- Applicants are required to be physically fit as per the standards of the inspector as there are some prerequisites for physical fitness for the post of Inspector (Central/State Excise/ Examiner/ Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and sub-inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency)
SSC CGL Selection Process
- The SSC CGL Selection Process will require you to pass through 4 stages in order to be eligible to get the appointment letter of desired posts. The SSC CGL notification has mentioned 4 tiers as given below:
- Tier 1 – Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) containing 100 questions
- Tier 2 – Objective Computer-Based (online) Test (MCQs) with 2 compulsory papers and 2 other papers for specific posts
- Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Pen and Paper mode)
- Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test as per the post applied.
- SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- The time duration of Tier-2 will be 120 minutes. 60 minutes each for English & Quants.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
- The Tier 1 exam is the first stage to be passed by the aspirants in order to qualify for the Tier 2. Tier 1 comprises 100 questions totaling to 200 marks that need to be attempted in 60 minutes. The subject wise division of questions has been provided below:
No of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- This is a CBE (computer-based examination). There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2021, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
No of Questions
English Language and Comprehension
General Studies (Finance & Economics)
For Tier 3
- Tier 3 is a descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Applicants need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precise. This is to test the written skills of the applicants in English/Hindi.
- Tier 3 exam accounts for a total of 100 marks.
- The time duration is 60 minutes.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for applicants who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
Tier 4 (DEST/CPT)
- The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2020 comprises DEST/CPT. these are required for certain government posts. Check out the details for the skill test of CGL including DEST and CPT.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): Will be required for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax)
SSC CGL Salary Details
- Those who clear all the legs of the recruitment process will be hired at group B and C level posts across government departments and organizations
- Applicants hired in group B level posts will get a pay band of Rs 9,300 – Rs 34,800 and those hired in group C level posts will get Rs 5,200 to Rs 20,200.
Pay Band-I: Rs. 5200-20200 (pre-revised)
- Accountant / Junior Accountant
- Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks
- Tax Assistant
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC)
Pay Band-II Rs.9300-34800 (pre-revised)
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Inspector, (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub Inspector
- Inspector Posts
- Divisional Accountant
- Junior Statistical Officer
SSC CGL 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applicants can apply from 29th December 2020 onwards at the official website ssc.nic.in till 31st January 2021. Selected applicants will be hired at group B and C level posts across government departments.
- Applications must be submitted only in online mode at the official website of SSC Headquarter i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV. Sample proforma of One-time Registration and online Application Form are attached as Annexure-IIIA and Annexure-IVA respectively.
- In the online Application Form, applicants are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and, the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
- Last date and time for submission of online applications is 31st January 2021 (23:30).
- Applicants are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The Commission will not be responsible for the applicants not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
- Before submission of the online application, applicants must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc. shall not be entertained.
Check out more Government Jobs
SSC CGL Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women applicants and applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Online fee can be paid by applicants up to 02nd February 2021 (23:30 hours). However, applicants who wish to make cash payment through the challan of SBI, may make payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 06th February 2021 provided the challan has been generated by them before 04th February 2021 (23:30 hours).
- Applicants who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of the Application Form is shown as ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the printout of online Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided in the applicant’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
SSC CGL Admit Card
- Every applicant who registers for SSC CGL Exam within the stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC.
- The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of the CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those applicants who qualify for the Tier 1 exam).