PPSC Recruitment 2020 for Punjab Civil Service/Deputy Superintendent of Police 77 Posts
PPSC Recruitment 2020 – Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has invited online application form from the eligible applicants for recruitment to 77 posts to be filled through Punjab State Civil Service Combined Competitive Examination 2020 for the post of Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)/ Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Tehsildar/ Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer/ Block Development & Panchayat Officer/ Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies/ Labour and Conciliation Officer/ Employment Generation and Training Officer/ Deputy Superintendent Jails.
Interested and eligible applicants can apply online on or before 30th June 2020. Check out complete details of PPSC Recruitment 2020 apply online, eligibility, application form, exam pattern, selection procedure, application fee and more for Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020.
PPSC Recruitment 2020 Basic Information
- Positions: Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020
- Organization: Other Organizations
- Functional: Administration
- Location: Patiala/Punjab
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application: 05th June 2020
- Last Date for Submission of the Application Process: 30th June 2020
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020 Vacancy Details
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 20 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 26 Posts
- Tehsildar – 05 Posts
- Food Supply and Consumer Affair Officer – 02 Posts
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 02 Posts
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operating Societies – 04 Posts
- Labour and Concillation Officer – 01 Post
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 07 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent Jail/District Probation Officer – 10 Posts
Eligibility for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution. Provided that the applicant may be permitted to take Preliminary Competitive Examination while studying for his degree.
- However, the applicant shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination during that year.
- No applicant shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Exam unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.
Age Limit (as on 01.01.2020)
- 21 – 37 years
- Deputy Superintendent Police and Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officer (Grade-II) in Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service, 21 – 28 years
- Upper age limit may be relaxed by:
- 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- 45 years for Punjab Govt.
- 47 years for Persons with Disability of Punjab.
Selection Procedure for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020
- Selection will be based on Preliminary Competitive Examination and Main Competitive Examination (written and viva-voce/ Interview).
- The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions.
- Both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of each paper for preliminary examination will be two hours.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) except for questions where applicants’ proficiency in the language is to be tested.
- All papers shall be descriptive in nature and duration of each paper will be three hours.
- The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
- Applicants will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in Punjabi or English medium.
Qualification Marks in Written & Interview
- For Others – 45%
- For Scheduled Castes of Punjab and Backward Classes Punjab – 40%
- SC/ST of all States and BC of Punjab State only: Rs.1125/-
- Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only: Rs.500/-
- All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab): Rs.3000/-
- Person with Disability, Punjab State only: Rs.1750/-
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2020 Apply Online
How to Apply?
All interested and eligible applicants can apply for this position online at (www.ppsc.gov.in) on or before 30th June 2020. On completion of the finally submitted online application, the applicants can take a printout of the application for future reference.
- UPSC Exam Dates 2020
- UPSC Assistant Commandant Exam 2020
- AUT Doctoral Scholarship 2020
- JK Bank Recruitment 2020