PPSC Recruitment 2022 for Punjab Civil Service/Deputy Superintendent of Police 77 Posts
PPSC Recruitment 2022 – Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has invited online application form from the eligible applicants for recruitment to 77 posts to be filled through Punjab State Civil Service Combined Competitive Examination 2022 for the post of Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)/ Deputy Superintendent of Police/ Tehsildar/ Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer/ Block Development & Panchayat Officer/ Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies/ Labour and Conciliation Officer/ Employment Generation and Training Officer/ Deputy Superintendent Jails.
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) will release the PPSC notification 2022 on the PPSC official website. For DSP (Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officer) positions, the age limit is 21 to 28 years as of January 1, 2022, while for other positions, the age limit is 21 to 37 years as of January 1, 2022.
Interested and eligible applicants can apply online on or before June 2022. Check out complete details of PPSC Recruitment 2022 apply online, eligibility, application form, exam pattern, selection procedure, application fee and more for Punjab Civil Service Exam 2022.
PPSC Recruitment 2022 Basic Information
- Positions: Punjab Civil Service Exam 2022
- Organization: Other Organizations
- Functional: Administration
- Location: Patiala/Punjab
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Events||PPSC Exam Date 2022|
|Online registration date||June 2022|
|Last date for Exam Registration||July 2022|
|Last Date for submission of the Application Fees (Offline)||August 2022|
|Admit card release date||To be notified|
|PPSC Exam Date (Prelims)||September 2022|
|PPSC Exam Date (Mains)||To be notified|
|Result date||To be notified|
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2022 Vacancy Details
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 20 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 26 Posts
- Tehsildar – 05 Posts
- Food Supply and Consumer Affair Officer – 02 Posts
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 02 Posts
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operating Societies – 04 Posts
- Labour and Concillation Officer – 01 Post
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 07 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent Jail/District Probation Officer – 10 Posts
Eligibility for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2022
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution. Provided that the applicant may be permitted to take Preliminary Competitive Examination while studying for his degree.
- However, the applicant shall be required to produce proof of passing the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination during that year.
- No applicant shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Exam unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.
- 21 – 37 years
- Deputy Superintendent Police and Deputy Superintendent Jails/District Probation Officer (Grade-II) in Punjab Police Service and Punjab Prisons Service, 21 – 28 years
- Upper age limit may be relaxed by:
- 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- 45 years for Punjab Govt.
- 47 years for Persons with Disability of Punjab.
Selection Procedure for Punjab Civil Services Exam 2022
- Selection will be based on Preliminary Competitive Examination and Main Competitive Examination (written and viva-voce/ Interview).
- The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions.
- Both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of each paper for preliminary examination will be two hours.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) except for questions where applicants’ proficiency in the language is to be tested.
- All papers shall be descriptive in nature and duration of each paper will be three hours.
- The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
- Applicants will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in Punjabi or English medium.
Qualification Marks in Written & Interview
- For Others – 45%
- For Scheduled Castes of Punjab and Backward Classes Punjab – 40%
- SC/ST of all States and BC of Punjab State only: Rs.1125/-
- Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only: Rs.500/-
- All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab): Rs.3000/-
- Person with Disability, Punjab State only: Rs.1750/-
Punjab Civil Services Exam 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
All interested and eligible applicants can apply for this position online at (www.ppsc.gov.in) on or before June 2022. On completion of the finally submitted online application, the applicants can take a printout of the application for future reference.
Applicants can apply for the PPSC Exam by filling out an online application. The exam has an online application method. Applicants must complete the online application forms found on the official website. The procedure for applying for the PPSC exam is outlined below.
- Go to https://www.ppsc.gov.in/ to see the official website.
- Find the recruiting notification and click on it.
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button to apply online.
- To register successfully, you must provide a valid email address and a phone number.
- Fill out the application form after you’ve registered.
- Upload a scanned passport-size photo and a signature with a file size of less than 40KB.
- You’ll be led to the payment link after filling out all of the credentials.
- Payment must be paid in the form of a challan.
- For a successful application submission, print the challan and make payment to your nearest SBI bank.
Punjab PSC Exam Pattern 2022
The exam includes three stages:
- PPSC Mains
- PPSC interview
The patterns for the two exams are different. The aspirants must have a thorough knowledge of both.
Punjab PSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
The Punjab PSC Preliminary exam is an objective test with two 200-marks papers. The Prelims test lasts 2 hours and includes Papers I and II.
Both papers will be 120 minutes long, with an additional 20 minutes allotted to visually challenged students. Note that there is no negative marking in Papers I and II of the Preliminary exam. To prepare for PPSC 2022 exam, check the exam pattern of Prelims exam here:
|PPSC Prelims||Subjects||Total Questions||Weightage of each Question|
|Paper-I||General Studies||100||2 marks|
|Paper-II||Civil Services Aptitude Test||80||2.5 marks|
Punjab PSC Mains Exam Pattern 2022
The PPSC Mains exam is a lengthy descriptive exam. For PPSC Mains 2022, a candidate must take four General Studies papers.
|Subjects In PPSC Mains||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I – English||100 marks|
|Paper-II – Punjabi||100 marks|
|Paper-III – Essay||150 marks|
|Paper IV – General Studies Paper – I (Geography, History)||250 marks|
|Paper V – General Studies Paper-II (Indian Polity, Constitution)||250 marks|
|Paper VI General Studies Paper – III (Stat, Economy, Security)||250 marks|
|Paper VII – General Studies Paper – IV (Environment, Decision Making, Sci & Tech)||250 marks|
PPCS Recruitment Physical Test
If you’ve applied for a position as a Deputy Superintendent of Police or a Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Grade-II)/ District Probation Officer (Jails), you’ll have to complete a number of responsibilities, including It will be a 1600 metres race for male applicants: It will be an 800-metre event for women, with a time limit of 07 minutes 30 seconds (only one attempt). To be finished in 4 minutes and 45 seconds (only one attempt).
- Male applicants must jump at least 3.60 metres (three attempts) in the Long Jump, while female applicants must jump at least 3.00 metres (Three attempts only)
- Male applicants must jump for at least 1.15 metres (three attempts) while female applicants must jump for at least 1.00 metres (three attempts)
- Only male applicants will be required to climb a 2.0-metre vertical rope from the ground (Three attempts only).
- Only female applicants must do the Shuttle, which entails sprinting five times in 20 seconds between two parallel lines 10 metres apart (one attempt only)
The papers will be descriptive, and each one will be 180 minutes long. Applicants who are blind or visually challenged will be given an additional 30 minutes for each paper. It is necessary to attempt all seven papers.
Punjab PSC Interview 2022
The Interview will be the final stage of the exam. Only those applicants who qualify based on their performance in the main competitive test and who meet the eligibility criteria will be interviewed. The names of qualified applicants will be listed in order of merit based on their overall scores in the main written exam and the interview.
Punjab PSC 2022 Recruitment Salary
Applicants that make it to the final round and are hired by the Punjab Public Service Commission are eligible for a variety of benefits.
- The typical income ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 39,000, including INR 6000 in supplementary pay.
- Salary is also determined by the position and recruitment location.
- With the notification of various PPSC vacancies, the Commission publishes pay information on its official website.
PPSC 2022 FAQs
Question. How to Pass the PPSC Exam?
Answer: With the correct technique and study materials, the PPSC Exam can be aced. The candidate should review the whole exam syllabus and format before beginning exam preparation. Develop a strong study regimen and focus on the most important aspects of the course to ace the exam.
Question: Is it possible for a graduate to apply for the PPSC 2022?
Answer: Yes, a candidate who has completed a minimum of three years of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline is eligible to apply for the PPSC test.
Question: Is the PPSC exam difficult?
Answer: The PPSC exam is not difficult with the right approach and study plan, one should prepare for the exam.
Question: What is the procedure for applying for the PPSC Exam?
Answer: Applicants interested in taking the PPSC Exam can do so by filling out the online application forms available on the organization’s website. To apply for the PPSC Exam, applicants must complete the application form provided on the website.
Question: Is it possible to apply for the PPSC exam if you graduated from a foreign university and have a work visa for that country?
Answer: Yes, you can still apply for the exam, but there are some age restrictions to consider before doing so. You must also be an Indian citizen unless otherwise stated in the official notification. In addition, you must have completed matriculation with Punjabi as an elective or required subject to be eligible. You can apply for the exam if you meet these requirements.