Maharashtra Post GDS Recruitment 2019 (3650 vacancies)
Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2019: Maharashtra Postal Circle, India Post has announced the recruitment notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS). A total of 3650 vacancies are available for GDS Posts at various locations of Maharashtra such as Navi Mumbai, Solapur, Pune, Ahmednagar, Thane, etc. Eligible candidates and interested can apply online for Maharashtra Post Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) through the official website from 01st to 30th November 2019.
Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Community wise Consolidation of Posts for Maharashtra Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
- Total – Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) – 3650 Posts
- EWS – 408
- OBC – 772
- PWD-A – 31
- PWD-B – 31
- PWD-B – 44
- PWD-DE – 15
- SC – 286
- ST – 366
- UR – 1697
- The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 01st November 2019 the date of notification of the vacancies.
- Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) 3 years
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) No relaxation
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) 10 years*
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC 13 years*
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST 15 years*
- There will be no relaxation in the upper age limit to EWS candidates. However, the persons belonging to EWSs who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in engagement to the Gramin Dak Sevak posts in the Department of Posts as per
- Directorate instructions circulated vide no. 17-09/2019-GDS dated 26.02.2019
- All Recruiting Authorities shall maintain a reservation for persons with disabilities to all categories of GDS posts except for persons with the benchmark of disability “Blind” ( for all categories of GDS). The percentage of the reservation may be maintained as in the case of SC, ST and OBC categories in GDS posts as per Directorate order no. 17-08/2017-GDS dated 26.02.2019.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit is subject to the condition that the maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 55 years.
Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak
- (Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018). The Candidate passed the Xth class examination in the first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Compulsory knowledge of Local Language
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India. List of Official languages of the state are shown below:
Basic Computer Training
- The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish the Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities /Boards / Private Institutions Organizations.
- This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon
- The condition of residence shall apply as stipulated in Rule 3-A (vii) of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011. The candidate who is applying for the post of GDS BPM must provide accommodation for Branch post office after selection but before engagement
- The accommodation should meet the following prescribed standards:-
- The building may be owned by a Gram Panchayat or Central government or by State government such as school or offices or BPM’s own house or a proper rented accommodation in a busy place of the village.
- Location – The Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Office (GDS BO) should be located in the main busy part of the village.
- Size – The minimum size of the GDS Branch Office should not be less than 100 sq. feet preferably in 10’x10’ dimensions and on the ground floor.
Knowledge of Cycling
- Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
Furnishing of Security
- On engagement as GDS, the person so engaged shall be required to furnish security in such manner as may be prescribed from time to time. The existing security amount in the case of GDS Branch Postmaster and other approved categories of GDS is ABPM & Dak Sevak is Rs.25000/- & Rs. 10,000 respectively.
Maharashtra Post GDS Recruitment 2019 Selection Criteria
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualifications. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection
- Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory subject to the conditions referred to in Clause B of Notifications pertaining to Required Educational Qualifications for taking candidates into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In the case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking the conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male
Maharashtra Postal Circle GDS Job 2019 Pay Scale
Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab
- BPM – Rs. 12,000
- ABPM/Dak Sevak – Rs. 10,000
Minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in TRCA Slab
- BPM – Rs. 14,500- (Rs. 14,500-Rs. 35,480)
- ABPM/Dak Sevak – Rs. 12,000- (Rs. 12,000-Rs.24,470)
Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2019 Application Form
The only online application will be accepted by the candidate. The candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 01st November 2019 to 30th November 2019 with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
- Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for the submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles. Mobile number mapping is mandatory for Registration. Once Registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also. In case of any duplicate
- Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration
- The applicant of category OC/OBC/EWS Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options. A candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices In India. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline
- The applicant can also pay the fee through online mode of payment using the URL provided on the Home page. All recognized Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking facility can be availed for this purpose. Charges applicable for usage of Debit/Credit cards and net banking as per the rules from time to time will be levied to the candidates.
- For making the payment of fee the candidate should refer the Registration Number in all cases
- Any technical issues in uploading of documents & submission of online data may be given to [email protected] It is requested to the candidates that before raising any query go through the FAQ document and if any specific case that may be raised.