Karnataka High Court Recruitment 2019 – Apply Online for District Judge Posts
Karnataka High Court Recruitment 2019: Karnataka High Court has invited online applications for recruitment to the post of District Judge. Interested applicants can apply to the posts through the prescribed format on or before 06th November 2019.
- Notification: Karnataka High Court Recruitment 2019
- Designation: District Judge
- Total Vacancies: 21 Posts
No. of Posts
- General Merit – 02
- Scheduled Caste – 05
- Scheduled Tribe – 02
- Category-I – 02
- Category-II (A) – 06
- Category-II (B) – 04
- Job Location – High Court of Karnataka
Important Dates for Karnataka High Court District Judges 2019
- Opening Date for Online Registration of Application 21st October 2019
- Last Date for Online Registration of Application 06th November 2019
Eligibility for Karnataka High Court District Judges Recruitment 2019
- Candidate should have a Must be the holder of a degree in Law granted by a University established by Law in India;
- Candidate should have a Must be practicing as an Advocate in the High Court or in a Subordinate Court on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than 7-years as on such date
- Note: Public Prosecutor/Assistant Public Prosecutor/Government Counsel in full-time employment of the State having not less than seven years of continuous practice immediately preceding the last date fixed for receipt of applications are also eligible for appointment
- Must not have attained the age of 58 (Forty-Eight years) in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 (Forty-Five years) in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications
- Note: The maximum age limit is relaxed by three years in case of Ex-servicemen candidates
Scale of Pay
- A candidate selected will be initially on probation for TWO years or for an extended period, if necessary and he/she must undergo such training as may be specified by the High Court
- Candidates will be selected for the post of District Judge on the basis of Written Test and Viva Voce.
- The Competitive Examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consist of 3 stages namely (a) Preliminary Examination (b) Main Examination and (c) Viva-voce:
a) Preliminary Exam: The Preliminary Examination shall be conducted by way of Objective Type Question Paper with multiple choices of 1 year hours (Ninety minutes) duration consisting of 100 marks. The syllabi for the said examination shall be the following, namely:
- Part-A – Civil Law
- Part-B – Criminal Law
- Part-C – General Knowledge (Test of reasoning and Mental aptitude)
b) Main Exam: The Competitive Written Exam for recruitment of District Judges shall consist of:
- Written Exam of two papers each of three hours duration with 150 maximum marks for each paper – one in Civil Law and another in Criminal Law
- It is compulsory for all candidates to answer at least one of the paper in English language and in so far as the other paper is concerned, it shall be optional for the candidates to answer the same either in English or in Kannada in which event the said paper shall be answered entirely in the language in which option is exercised
- The viva-voce shall carry a maximum 50 marks
- The candidate’s General knowledge, grasp on principles of law and suitability for appointment as District Judge shall be tested
- Minimum marks for pass in the Preliminary Exam shall be 50 for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 60 for others
- The minimum marks for pass in each paper of the written exam carrying 150 marks, shall be 50 marks in each paper for candidates belonging to SC/ST & 60 marks for others. However, total marks to be secured for the pass in the written exam shall be 120 marks out of 300 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe and 150 marks out of 300 for others
- In order to be considered under General Category, a candidate belonging to SC/ST has to secure the minimum marks prescribed for General category in the Preliminary Exam, Main Written Exam, and Viva-voce
Fee’s Details (Non-Refundable)
- Preliminary Exam Fee: The Candidate shall remit an amount of Rs.500/-. However, in the case of a candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ Category-I, the fee payable shall be Rs.250/- only.
- Main Exam Fee: The candidate shall remit a number of Rs.1000/-. However, in the case of a candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ Category-I, the fee payable shall be Rs.750/- only.
Mode of Payment of Fee
- Online Payment – Candidate shall make the online payment of application fee by SBI online payment gateway through the http://karnatabJudiciary.kar.Die.in/recruitment.up
- Challan Form – Candidate shall download the challan from SBI online payment gateway through the link http://karnataka,judiciary.kar.nic.in/recruitment.asp in PDF format and shall remit the prescribed fee in any branch of SBI
Karnataka High Court District Judges Recruitment 2019 Application Form
- Read the detailed notification pdf attached below before Apply Online.
- If you are interested and found yourself eligible for District Judges, click on the apply online link given below. Then, find the appropriate option and fill-up the form. You can apply online from 21st October 2019 to 06th November 2019 at 11:59 AM.
- Those who are desirous of applying for the said posts are required to fill up the application through online on the website http://kamatakajudiciary.kar.nlc.in/recruitment.asp