Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Notification released for Assistant Commandant General Duty and Technical (Engineering/ Electrical) for 02/2022 Batch
Indian Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2022 – The Indian Coast Guard has released the Recruitment notification and invites applications from the young and dynamic Indian male applicants to be recruited as an Assistant Commandant General Duty, Commercial Pilot License (SSA) and Technical (Engineering/ Electrical) for 02/2022 Batch.
Eligible applicants can apply online from 06th December 2021 to 17th December 2021. Check out eligibility, application form, selection procedure, important dates for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2022.
Indian Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2022 Details
- The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer). Registration of ‘online’ application will be through Coast Guard recruitment website
- Name of the Board: The Indian Coast Guard
- Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant General Duty, Commercial Pilot License (SSA) and Technical (Engineering/ Electrical)
Also Apply CRPF Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2022
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Vacancy Details
Category Wise Vacancy Distribution
- General Duty: 40 Posts
- General – 12 Posts
- OBC – 06 Posts
- EWS – 01 Post
- SC – 05 Posts
- ST – 16 Posts
Technical (Engineering / Electrical) – 10 Posts
- General – 04 Posts
- OBC – 04 Posts
- EWS – 0 Posts
- SC – 02 Posts
- ST – 01 Post
- Total – 50 Vacancies
Indian Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: 06th December 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 17th December 2021
- Printing of E-Admit Card from: 28th December 2021
- Preliminary Exam Date: Jan 2022
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2022
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e. 1 st Semester to 8th Sem. for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree candidates wherever applicable)
- Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XIIth of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in Mathematics and Physics
Technical (Engineering & Electrical)
- Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or should have passed Sections A & B exam from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks:
- Engineering Branch: Naval architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and Production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace
- Electrical Branch: Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. Or Power Electronics
- All the above streams of Engg must be recognized by AICTE
- At Least 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class or 3-year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%
- General Duty – Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive)
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL-SSA) – Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2003 (Both dates inclusive)
- Technical (Engineering & Electrical) – Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive)
- Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates
- No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks.
- Income certificate for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) as per Government of India format (no other format will be entertained).
- Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Indian Coast Guard AC Recruitment 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply online through joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. Read all instructions carefully before filling up the form.
- Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 0001 hrs on 06 December to 17 December 2021 upto 2359 hrs for the above said posts. The important instructions for filling up of the online applications are as given below:
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the Xth class passing certificate. Any mismatch in name & date of birth in the application will result in rejection of the application.
- Indicate exact percentage of XII and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID/ CG Recruitment website.
- Applicants, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST, OBC & EWS).
- In case of OBC non-creamy layer (NCL), the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on “opportunities” button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed for filling up application form as given below:-
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant- 02/2022 Batch.
- Select any one post to be applied from any one of the following:-
- Asst Commandant General Duty (Male).
- Asst Commandant (Engineering & Electrical) – Male
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card. Applicants are to take print out of the E-admit card through URL https://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx onwards. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip’, giving the cause of rejection with the ‘Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
Schedule for Preliminary Selection Exam
- Candidates to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam
- The date and time of the exam will be intimated through Coast Guard website gov.in
- The Preliminary Selection will be conducted tentatively from Early January 2022 onwards at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard:
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face, PO- Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030.
- Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013.
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700 161.
- Coast Guard Selection Board, C-1, Near Indus Valley Public School, Sector-62, Noida, UP – 201 309
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure
- Short Listing of Applications: Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection: Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Final Selection: The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.The Final Selection will be conducted tentatively from early Feb to Apr2022. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB
- Medical Standards: All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Assistant Commandant entry
- Height: Asst Commandant (GD): 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- Weight: Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest: Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Asst Commandant (GD) 6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass – 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass
- Asst Commandant (Tech) 6/36 6/36 – Uncorrected without Glass – 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass
- Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas/ communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Coast Guard Recruitment website
- Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies
- The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The joining letters will be issued accordingly
- To & Fro travelling fares by AC III/Chair Car or actual normal bus fare by shortest route (only from the current or permanent address mentioned in E-admit card) to the candidates appearing first time in FSB (Stage-II) will be reimbursed on production of original tickets only. The SC/ST candidates will be reimbursed IInd class railway/bus fare for PSB and FSB irrespective of the number of appearances.
Check out more Defence Jobs
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Pay Scale/Salary
- Promotion & Pay Scale – The promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as per the 7th CPC are as follows
|Rank||Pay Level (PL)||Starting Basic Pay (in )|
|Deputy Inspector General||(13A)||1,31,100/-|
|Additional Director General||(15)||1,82,200/-|