Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 – Apply Online for 152 JCO (Religious Teacher) Posts
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019: Indian Army has invited applications from eligible male candidates for 96 Vacancies Recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) for RRT 87& 88 Courses. Eligible candidates can apply online from 30th September 2019 to 29th October 2019. Other details like age limit, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Submit Online Application Form: 30th September 2019 (10.00 am)
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 29th October 2019 (05.00 pm)
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- JCO RT Dharm Shikshak Bharti Exam RRT 87 and 88
- No. of Vacancies: 152 Posts
Discipline Wise Posts
- Pandit – 118 Posts
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments – 07 Posts
- Granthi – 09 Posts
- Maulvi (Sunni) – 09 Posts
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts – 01 Posts
- Padre – 04 Posts
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) – 04 Posts
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- JCO RT eligibility criteria as age limit, educational qualification and physical standards (height, chest, weight) will be as follows:
- The age bracket in respect of Civilian and In-Service Candidates would not below 25 years of age and not above 34 years of age on 01st October 2020 (i.e. Candidates born between 01st October 1986 and 01st October 1995 inclusive of both dates) of the Rtg year.
- Graduate in any discipline with a qualification in the religious denomination (will be common for Civilian and Serving Candidates):
- Pandit & Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit or Shastri in Sanskrit with 01-year Diploma in Karam Kand.
- Granthi: Sikh candidates with Gyani in Punjabi
- Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu
- Padre: Christian candidates, ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and still listed in the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana): Buddhist (Mahayana) candidates who have been ordained Monk/ Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority.
- Note: The above mandatory education qualifications should be acquired by individuals from recognized universities. All the above eligibility criteria are common for In-service and Direct Entry candidates
- Height – Minimum 160 Cms (157 Cms for Pandit Gorkha, Bodh Monk and Maulvi Shia)
- Chest – Minimum 77 Cms
- Weight – 50 Kgs (48 Kgs for Pandit Gorkha, Bodh Monk and Maulvi Shia)
- Physical Fitness Test – 1.6 Km (1 mile) Run in 08 Minutes
- Candidate Upto 30 Years of Age: Should be able to run in 05 Minutes 45 seconds.
- Candidate Beyond 30 Years of Age: Should be able to run in 06 Minutes 30 seconds
- Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 km run in Hilly Terrain Areas: – (i) Between 5000 ft to 9000 ft – Additional 30 secs (ii) Between 9000 ft to 12000 ft – Additional 120 seconds
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 Selection Process
- Candidates will be selected based on written examination & interview
- Paper-I (Maximum Marks-100): This paper will contain objective type questions on general awareness and will be common to candidates of all Religious denominations
- Paper-II (Maximum Marks-100): This paper will contain an objective question to check the knowledge specific to the particular religious denomination to which the candidate belongs
- In Paper-II, candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40 marks out of total 100 marks and come in the merit list to be eligible for appearing in the interview; the number of candidates to be called for interview will be 3 (three) times the number of vacancies
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum 50 out of 100 marks to qualify in the interview. The final selection will be based on merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper II and Interview
Pay Allowances and Perks
- The JCO (RT) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of Rs.35400-112400/-; in addition they will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family and decedents, canteen facilities
Indian Army JCO Recruitment 2019 Application Procedure
- Applying for Pandit, Granthi, Padri and Maulvi (Sunni) categories, applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Manual applications for these categories will be rejected (detailed instructions given in “INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION”.
- For applying Indian Army JCO Jobs, candidates first of all need to visit the Official Website that is joinindianarmy.nic.in at the menu bar of home page aspirants need to select “JCO/ OR Enrollment” tab then drop down list will appear you need to hit at “Eligibility” option. Then read all requirements given in notification. After that hit at “Apply/ Login” link for “JCO/ OR” link.
- Now candidates are required to fill Indian Army JCO Online Application Form with the details as asked; then Upload scanned images of all required certificates and testimonials. If all filled details are correct, then press on “Submit” button and take a print out of it for future use.
- All the above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time. Only male candidates are eligible to apply.