Indian Army Recruitment 2022 – Apply online for JAG Entry Scheme 28th Course 2022 (April)
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2022 (April) – Indian Army has issued a notification for the recruitment of Law Graduates for grant of Short Service Commission for JAG Entry Scheme 28th Course April 2022 in the Indian Army Judge Advocate General Branch.
Indian Army Recruitment of JAG Entry Scheme 28th Course April 2022 Short Service Commission (NT) Course for Law Graduates are open for both Men and Women. Candidates can apply online for Law Graduates Posts – JAG 28th Course April 2022 in Indian Army.
Check out more Defence Jobs
India Army JAG Recruitment 2022 Details
- Name of Organisation: Indian Army
- Name of Post: JAG Entry Scheme for Law Graduates
- No of Vacancies: To be announced
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2022 Important Dates
- Start Date of Online Application: 29th September 2021
- Last Date of Online Application Form: 28th October 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2022
- A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Nepal, (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- 21 to 27 years as on 01 Jul 2022 (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1994 and not later than 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive).
- Note: Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Exam Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination)
- Candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India
Tenure of Engagement
- Selected applicants (Male and Female) will be granted Short Service Commission in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
Period of Probation
- An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives his/her commission. If he/she is reported on within the probationary period as unsuitable to retain his/her commission, his/her services may be terminated any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period.
- Ante Date Seniority. No ante date seniority will be granted.
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2022 Selection Process
- Selection of applicants will be as follows:
- Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) will shortlist the applicants.
- Only shortlisted eligible applicants will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB).
- Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on applicant’s registered email id and SMS only.
- Applicants will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on the official website of Directorate General of Recruiting i.e, www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the applicants who get recommended after Stage II.
- Applicants recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Please visit joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Exam for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
- Note: The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. Directorate General of Recruiting has no role to play in any Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities will be strictly adhered.
Cost of Training
- The entire cost of training at OTA is at Government expense. In case the Lady/Gentleman cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or the reasons not beyond his/her control, he/she will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 11,952/- per week, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a. will be calculated on the Per Capita Cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his/her stay at OTA, Chennai.
Indian Army JAG Entry Pay Scale
|Rank||Level||Pay (in Rs)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
Military Service Pay (MSP) – MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig Rs 15,500/- p.m. fixed.
Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion on 26 years|
|Colonel/Brigadier/ Major General||On selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions|
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training
- Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at OTA – Rs 56,100/- pm*
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’.
- Applicants must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details. The applicants are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
- Important Note 1: No changes to details submitted in online application can be made after closure of application. No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
- Important Note 2: CGPA/Grades must be converted into Marks as per the formulae adopted by the concerned University for filling ‘Marks obtained in Graduation’ in online application. Any discrepancy observed at any stage of selection process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Important Note 3: Applicant’s name/parent’s name (father & mother)/ date of birth in the profile and online application must be as per matriculation /Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board of education. Variation in above details will lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- For all queries regarding allotment of Selection Centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit website joinindianarmy.nic.in. Queries will be replied ONLY through ‘Feedback/Queries’ option available on the Rtg website.