UPES DAT 2020 University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test
UPES DAT 2020 for BDes MDes Admission: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun has invited online applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) in Transport Design and Industrial Design, Dehradun offered in the School of Design Studies for the session 2020. Check out the complete details like programs, eligibility, application form, selection procedure, fees, important dates for UPES DAT 2020 Exam.
UPES DAT 2020
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts an online Design Aptitude Test (DAT) in order to offer admission to aspirants in design programs on offer by the College. To secure admission in design programs at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), aspirants have to give DAT and those who clear this admission round then need to appear for the interviews and portfolio round.
- UPES DAT is an online test. Aspirants need to take UPES DAT 2020 in order to secure admission in MDes and BDes Courses on offer by School of Design Studies (SoDS) at UPES
UPES Dehradun Programs Offered
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) offers design courses both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels to aspirants under its School of Design Studies (SoDS). Design programs on offer at UPES are as mentioned below:
Undergraduate Design Programs
- B.Des in Product Design; Interior & Retail Spaces; Transportation and Mobility Design; Animation and VFX and; Graphics and Communication Design
Postgraduate Design Programs
- M.Des in Product Design; User Experience and Interaction Design; Fashion Design and; Transportation and Mobility Design.
UPES DAT 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date to Apply 25th April 2020
- UPES DAT Exam Date 2020: 28th to 30th April 2020
- Duration of Test: 1 Hour
- Mode of Test: Online
UPES DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for BDes and MDes course admissions at UPES is different. Candidates can go through the detailed eligibility criteria for both courses below:
Eligibility Criteria for BDes
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programs offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to apply for BDes programs on offer by UPES if they have managed to secure at least 50% marks in their Class X as well as their Class XII. However, if aspirants do not want to appear for UPES DAT 2020 exam then they are eligible to secure admission in BDes course offered at UPES if they fulfill either of the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Board Exam Merit: Secured at least 65% marks in Class X and Class XII.
- UCEED/ JEE MAIN Merit: Secured at least 50% in Class X and Class XII as well as cleared JEE MAIN or UCEED exam.
UPES DAT 2020 Selection Criteria
- Last year, the criteria were as mentioned below-
- UCEED 2020 Candidates: Rank up to 5562 as the qualifying criteria for admission to the BDes program.
- UCEED 2020 Candidates: Rank up to 1344 as the qualifying criteria for admission to the BDes program.
- In case candidates do not meet the UCEED eligibility criteria then they need to apply for the UPESDAT Online test.
Eligibility Criteria for MDes
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programs offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to secure admission in MDes programs at UPES without giving the entrance exam if they possess a valid CEED score.
- Aspirants meet UPES DAT 2020 eligibility criteria for MDes admissions if they have:
- Secured minimum of 50% aggregate in their Class X and Class XII
- Pursued BTech/BE in any discipline/BFA (4 years duration)/BArch/BDes/ BSc in Design (3 years) plus one year of foundation/ Applied Arts with at least 50% marks
- Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997, are eligible to apply for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be considered authentic.
UPES Admission through CEED 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have qualified CEED 2020 with a score of 40.5 or above are exempted from giving UPESDAT. Such candidates need to directly appear for Portfolio Presentation and Personal Interview admission round.
- Selection is based on UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES-DAT 2020) or board merit / UCEED merit followed up by personal interview and presentation on the work portfolio
UPES DAT 2020 Application Form
- Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to take part in the admission cycle of UPES DAT 2020 visit https://www.upes.ac.in/
Step 1: Fill the UPES DAT Application Form
- Candidates can fill their UPES DAT 2020 application form either in the online or offline mode. For UPES DAT registrations in the offline mode, candidates can purchase the application form by sending a demand draft in favour of UPES Fee Account, payable at New Delhi to University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office, UPES, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020.
Step 2: Get UPES DAT Admit Card
- UPES DAT 2020 admit card is available online on the official website of the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES).
Step 2: Give UPES DAT
- Aspirants need to appear for the UPES DAT exam in order to secure admission in design programs offered at UPES. UPES DAT 2020 is conducted in the online mode only. In UPES DAT exam aspirants need to solve objective type questions in a one-hour duration.
Step 3: Appear for Interview & Portfolio Round
- Candidates who have cleared the UPES DAT exam need to appear for the interview round. On the same day, aspirants also need to present their work portfolio.
Requirements in Portfolio are as follows:
- Drawing, sketching and rendering by hand using a variety of techniques and media including colour markers and color pencils (10-15 pages)
- Digital work (software) – Drawing, sketching, and rendering using digital media, tools, and techniques (2 dimensional and 3 dimensional)
- Physical Model/Prototype – fabrication/construction
Step 4: Check UPES DAT Result
- Once the entire admission process is over, UPES declares the merit list of shortlisted candidates for admission in BDes/MDes programs on its official website https://www.upes.ac.in/
- Candidates can check their UPES DAT result on the official website of the college by filling their application number.