NDA Exam 2022 Notification and Dates
NDA 2022 Notification – UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) has released notification for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2022 scheduled to be held on April 2022. PSC has merged both the NDA exam this year. NDA & NA Exam (1) 2022 Registration will be conducted from January 2022 onwards. The interested applicants can check out the complete details of NDA 2022 exam date, application form, eligibility, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, selection procedure, application fees and more on this page.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for NDA (I) 2022 from 22nd December 2021 to 11th January 2022 through the official website upsconline.nic.in.
NDA 2022 Notification Highlights
- Conducted by: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Exam: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (NDA & NA) Written Exam
- For Joining: Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) as an officer
- Level of Exam: National
- Frequency of Exam: Twice in a year (NDA 1 and 2)
NDA Exam 2022 Important Dates
- Registration begins for NDA, NA I: 22nd December 2021
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 11th January 2022
- UPSC NDA 1 Exam Date: 10th April 2022
- Admit Card Date 2022: Three weeks before the exam
- Interview Date: To be released
No. of Vacancy
- National Defence Academy: 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 43
- Total: 413 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam 2022
- Applicant must be unmarried male and must be :
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Bhutan,
- a subject of Nepal
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a applicant belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Only unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd July, 2004 and not later than 1st July, 2007 are eligible.
Also See: Defence Exams after 12th
- Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2022 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
- परिशिष्ट-IV में दिए गए दिशा निर्देशों के अनुसार राष्ट्रीय रक्षा अकादमी और नौसेना अकादमी परीक्षा (I), 2022 में प्रवेश के लिए शारीरिक मानकों के अनुसार आवेदकों को शारीरिक रूप से फिट होना चाहिए।
- For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. स्कूल शिक्षा के 10 + 2 पैटर्न के 12 वीं कक्षा पास या राज्य शिक्षा बोर्ड या एक विश्वविद्यालय द्वारा आयोजित समकक्ष परीक्षा।
- Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or University. स्कूल शिक्षा के 10 + 2 पैटर्न के 12 वीं कक्षा पास या राज्य शिक्षा बोर्ड या विश्वविद्यालय द्वारा आयोजित भौतिकी और गणित के समकक्ष।
- For Air Force & Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian. राष्ट्रीय रक्षा अकादमी के वायु सेना और नौसेना विंग के लिए और भारतीय में 10 + 2 कैडेट एंट्री योजना के लिए।
- Applicants who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. स्कूल शिक्षा या समकक्ष परीक्षा के 10 + 2 पैटर्न के तहत 12 वीं कक्षा में उपस्थित होने वाले आवेदक भी इस परीक्षा के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं।
NDA 2022 Application Form
How to Apply Online?
- Applicants are required to apply online through the website. The Online Applications can be filled upto 11th January 2022 till 06:00 PM
- Applicant should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the applicant while filling up the online application form.
- The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the applicant is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
- Applicants are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A) Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those applicants who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the official website: https://upsc.gov.in/
- Fee: Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
- Mode of Payment: Any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ MasterCard/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card
NDA 2022 Selection Procedure
- The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of applicants who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion.
- Such applicants shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where applicants for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
- Applicants with Air Force as one of the choices would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
NDA 2022 Exam Pattern
- Duration: Maximum Marks
- Mathematics: 2½ Hours: 300
- General Ability Test: 2½ Hours: 600
- Total marks: 900
- SSB Test/Interview
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only
- The question papers (test booklets) of mathematics and part “b” of general ability test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Applicants must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination. The applicants are not permitted to use a calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
Two Stage Selection Procedure
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/ Air Force Selection Boards /Naval Selection Boards.
- All the applicants will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those applicants who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests.
- Those applicants who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of: (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalents in support of date of birth; (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
NDA 2022 Exam Centres
- Agartala: Ahmedabad: Aizawl: Prayagraj (Allahabad): Bengaluru: Bareilly: Kolkata; Bhopal: Chandigarh: Chennai: Cuttack: Dehradun: Delhi: Lucknow; Dharwad: Dispur: Gangtok: Hyderabad: Imphal: Itanagar: Madurai; Jaipur: Jammu: Jorhat: Kochi: Kohima: Mumbai: Nagpur; Panaji (Goa): Patna: Port Blair: Raipur: Ranchi: Sambalpur: Shillong; Shimla: Srinagar: Udaipur: Thiruvananthapuram: Tirupati: Visakhapatnam
NDA Exam Syllabus 2022
- UPSC NDA 2022 Syllabus will consist of subjects like Mathematics and General Ability. General Ability covers English, Chemistry, General Science and General Knowledge. Check syllabus topics in the table below:
- Mathematics: Matrices and Determinations; Algebra; Trigonometry; Differential Calculus; Integral Calculus and Differential Equations; Statics and Probability; Vector Algebra; Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimension
- General Ability Test: English; Chemistry; General Science; History Freedom, Movement; Current Events; Geography
Paper 1 – Mathematics
|Algebra||Matrices & Determinants||Trigonometry|
|Differential Calculus||Analytical Geometry 2D & 3D||Integral Calculus|
|Differential Equations||Vector Algebra||Probability|
Paper 2 – Part A – English
The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Paper 2 – Part B – General Knowledge
NDA 2022 Admit Card
- NDA admit card will be made available one month before the exam i.e. in the first week of August according to the official notification. Applicants are required to enter their Registration ID and Date of Birth in order to download the NDA admit card 2022.
- Details like name of the applicant, roll number, exam centre, date and time of the examination, venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card
- Applicants are also required to carry valid ID proofs and two passport-sized photographs to the exam centre.
NDA 2022 Result
- The Result of NDA 1 2022 will be released after the written exam and release of answer key on the website. The result of NDA 1 exam will be conducted on June 2022, so the result will be announce after a few month.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: How to join NDA?
Answer: To join NDA applicant must appear in the entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, this exam is conducted twice a year, normally in March and August. Applicant must be an unmarried male. To join NDA one must pass written exam followed by SSB, medicals and finally to be in merit list.
Question 2: What is NDA?
Answer: National Defence Academy (NDA) is an entrance exam organized at the national level for the applicants who wish to be a part of Indian Navy, Air Force and Army
Question 3: Who will conduct NDA exam?
Answer: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the NDA entrance exam.
Question 4: What happen after NDA exam?
Answer: All the cadets joining the NDA after their 10+2 Examination are trained in the Academy for three years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Question 5: How many applicants apply for NDA 2022 examination?
Answer: Around 4 lakh applicants are applying for NDA examination 2022.
Question 6: How to join NDA after 10th?
Answer: No, applicant is not eligible for NDA exam after class 10th. Applicant should pass class 12th examination from recognized board or it’s equivalent
Question 7: How to apply for Examinations conducted by the UPSC?
Answer: Applicants can apply online for the UPSC Examinations by accessing the online portal hosted on the UPSC’s website (https://upsconline.nic.in)
Question 8: Which category of applicants is exempted from payment of Examination fee?
Answer: For all the Examinations conducted by the Commission, Female applicants, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and applicants belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
Question 9: Will UPSC Postpone NDA 1 2022 Exam?
Answer: Till now notification for the same has not been released. If it will be released then will be updated here on the Yosearch page.
Question 10: How to crack NDA exam?
Answer: To crack NDA exam it’s necessary to make a proper note of all topics. Revision is must and also it will really help to solve Questions of previous year’s.
Question 11: When NDA exam held?
Answer: Mostly, it is conducted in April by the UPSC.
Question 12: How many times NDA exam held in a year?
Answer: NDA exam is held twice a year; NDA 1 & NDA 2.