Maharashtra MHT CET 2020 for B.E, B.Tech and B.Pharm/ Pharm.D. Courses
MHT CET 2020 – Government of Maharashtra state common entrance test has released the online application for MHT CET 2020 for admission to Undergraduate Professional Courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Pharm.D courses. It is also known as MHT CET, through which applicants can get admission in various government and private institutions of the state of Maharashtra. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, eligibility, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card and more on this page about MH CET 2020.
Maharashtra MHT CET 2020
- Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015 (MAH XXVIII of 2015), the Competent Authority is conducting CET (MHT-CET 2018) for admissions to Engineering/Pharmacy Undergraduate Courses for Academic Year 2020-21
- CET for admission to First Year of full time Undergraduate Degree Courses in Engineering / Technology (B.E./B.Tech) and Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm D.) in the Govt., Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State, as per the schedule
Check out more Entrance Exams
Duration of the Courses
- For admission to 4-year Duration Full Time Undergraduate Degree Courses in Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and 5 year Duration Full Time Undergraduate Degree Course in Pharm D for the academic year 2020-21.
MHT CET 2020 Important Dates
- Online Registration and Confirmation of Application Form on Website: 07th January 2020 to 29th February 2020, 11:59 pm (Saturday)
- Online registration & Confirmation of Application Form on website (with additional Late Fee of Rs.500/- for all categories): 01st March 2020 to 07th March 2020 (Saturday)
- Payment – Only through Online Mode: 07th March 2020 (Saturday)
- Issue of Admit Card (through Applicant login): 05th April 2020 to 23rd April 2020
- MHT CET 2020 Exam Date (Group wise shifts will be announced later on): 13th April 2020 (Monday) to 17th April, 2020 (Friday) & 20th April 2020 (Monday) to 23rd April 2020 (Thursday)
- Centre of Examination As indicated in Admit Card
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET 2020
- All the Applicants passed/appearing at the qualifying exam i.e. HSC/12th Standard Exam or its equivalent exam and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT-CET 2020
- There is no age limit for admission and appearing to MHT-CET 2020
- Maharashtra State Candidature: A Applicant can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from Type A to E
- Type A: Applicants passing SSC and HSC or Diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Science Exam from a recognised institution in Maharashtra State; (ii) Applicant who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra;
- Type B: Applicant who does not fall in Type-A above, but who or whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possess Domicile Certificate.
- Type C: A Applicant who does not fall in either Type-A or Type-B but whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Govt. of India or Govt. of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submission of Application Form for CAP.
- Type D: A Applicant who does not fall in any of the above Type-A, Type B and Type-C but whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Govt. of Maharashtra or Govt. of Maharashtra Undertaking
- Type E: Applicants passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognized institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Native language is Marathi.
All India Candidature
- The Applicants having Indian Nationality are eligible under this Category.
First Year – Engineering / Technology
- Maharashtra State Candidature: (i) Applicant should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects, and obtained at least required percentage of marks (as notified by the Government from time to time) in the above subjects taken together; (iii) Obtained score in MHT-CET 2020.
- All India Candidature: Applicants, Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidature: (i) The Applicant should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least required percentage of marks (as notified by the Govt. from time to time)in the above subjects taken together; (iii) Obtained score in JEE(Main) Paper I or MHT-CET 2020
First Year – Pharmacy
- Maharashtra State Candidature Applicants and All India Candidature: (i) Applicant should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least required percentage of marks (as notified by the Govt. from time to time) in the above subjects taken together; (iii) Obtained Score in MHT-CET-2020
First Year – Pharm D
- The Applicant should be an Indian National; (ii) Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with subjects Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology and obtained at least required percentage of marks (as notified by the Government from time to time) in the above subjects taken together; (or)
- Passed Diploma Course in Pharmacy from institutes affiliated to State Board and having approval of competent central authority and State Govt. and obtained at least required percentage of marks (as notified by the Govt. from time to time); (iii) The Applicant should have obtained at least 50% marks in the MHT-CET 2020
MHT CET 2020 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Application Form for MHT CET 2020 will be filled through Online Mode (CBT-Computer Based Test) only. The information brochure for MHT-CET 2020 and the user manual for filling up the online application form are available on website “mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in“.
- Applicant is advised to download and print the user manual for filling up the online application form. For submission of online application form the Applicants should login at mahaonline.gov.in website.
- The detailed procedure for online submission of application form is given in the user manual. Please quote your Application no. in all future correspondence with State CET Cell Office.
- For General Category: Applicants from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant Applicants Rs.800/-
- For Applicants of Backward Class: Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Applicants belonging to Maharashtra State only – Rs.600/-
- Application form processing fees as stated above is to be paid through online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards, etc for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted
- This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Syllabi of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for the MHT CET 2020, is declared by Director, Technical Education, Mumbai vide Letter No. 2-A/ADM/2016/1412 Dated 06.11.2018 and is as follows:
- The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper
- There will be no Negative Marking, however difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and difficulty level for Biology will be at par with NEET. The questions will be mainly application based
- MHT-CET will consist of 3 question papers of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) and each paper will be of 100 marks.
MHT CET Admit Card 2020
- For downloading Admit Card, Applicant should visit the website http://www.mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in.
- The applicant can download his/her admit card for MHT CET 2020 from his/her Login ID from 05th April 2020 to 23rd April 2020.
- Issue of Admit Card is merely an enabling document for appearing at the MHT CET 2020 and does not imply that the Applicant satisfies all the requirements of eligibility conditions of admission.