BITSAT 2022 Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Courses
BITSAT 2022 Notification – Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University has been invited application for Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree Programs of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani Campus, Goa Campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2022-23 will be made on the basis of a Computer-based Online Admission Test BITSAT 2022 conducted by BITS, Pilani.
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, is conducting BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) 2022 from 02nd week of April 2021 to May 2022.
BITSAT 2022 Important Dates
|Events||BITST 2022 Exam Dates|
|Commencement of Registration process||4th week of February 2022|
|Last date of submission||Last week of May 2022|
|Commencement of correction facility||Last week of May 2022|
|Allotment of Exam Centre||1st week of June 2022|
|Slot Boking Process||1st to 2nd week of June 2022|
|Admit Card||2nd week of June 2022|
|BITSAT 2022 Exam||Last week of June 2022|
|Admission process||Last week of June 2022|
|Admit list & wait list release||Last week of July 2022|
Also See: NTA Entrance Exam Dates
Courses Offered by various Campuses
- Admissions are open for the following First Degree programmes to be offered in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS, Pilani:
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, Dubai
B.E. in Chemical Engg., Civil Engg., Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engg., Electronics & Instrumentation Engg., Mechanical Engg.
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Goa, Hyderabad, Dubai
B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engg.,
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Pilani
B.E. in Manufacturing Engg.
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Dubai
B.E. in Biotechnology
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad
M.Sc. in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
- BITS, Pilani Campus at Pilani
- BSc. General Studies
Also See: NSTSE 2022 Notification
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT Exam 2022
For All the Integrated First-Degree Programmes except B. Pharm
- Applicants should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
For B. Pharm
- Applicants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- Applicant should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th class examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2021 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2022 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2022 test.
- Students who have passed 12th examination in 2019 or earlier are Not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2022. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2022.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2021 are eligible for direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2022 score as per the eligibility criteria.
Also See: NCHMCT JEE Notification
BITSAT 2022 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants should register their names for BITSAT 2022 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Applicant has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
Steps to Follow
- Step 1: Read all the instructions
- Step 2: Applicants need to register by entering: Name, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Mobile number, email id.
- Step 3: After this, the applicant gets a registration number. User Id and password is send via sms as well.
- Step 4: After this, the applicants need to click on “Go to Application Form” link. It is a very small link given at the top right on the screen.
- Step 5: Now, applicants can enter details and upload images in the application form of BITSAT 2022.
- Carefully read the brochure for eligibility conditions and other details. You can either download a copy of the brochure (pdf format).
- Read carefully all the instructions given in this page before proceeding to fill the online application form. You are advised to take a printout of these instructions so that you can refer to the same while filling the online application form. Your responses will be recorded in BITS admissions server. After reading the instructions, click on the ‘Allow me to apply online’ button at the bottom of this page. (You may have to scroll down the page to see the link)
- After completing the form online, you can take a print out of the filled-in form. You can keep it at yourself for any future reference. The last date for applying by completing the online application form alongwith prescribed fee is 5:00 PM on last week of May 2022. You are not required to send this form by post.
- While filling the online application form you will be asked for center preferences for writing BITSAT-2022 exam. You can choose the centers from within India or Dubai. If you choose centers within India you will be asked to give three preferences and will be allotted one out of the three. If you Choose Dubai as a center you will not be asked for any other center preference and you will be allotted Dubai Center only.
- If you choose centers within India, Application Fee for male applicants will be Rs.3400/- and for female applicants it will be Rs. 2900/-. If you choose Dubai as a center, the Application Fee for both male and female applicants will be the same and will be Rs.7000/- (Indian Rupees).
- Before printing out the filled-in application form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number as it will be required for all future correspondences. If you do not have a printer attached to the computer while filling your online application, you can complete the application process and take the printout of the application form later by entering Application number, Password and Email-Id.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details
- Applicant is allowed to fill and submit only one online application form. Multiple applications of a applicant are liable to be rejected.
- Before starting your online application keep ready scanned images of Photograph and Signature in the format of jpg/jpeg only. Size of photo image must be between 4 kb to 100 Kb. Size of signature image must be between 1 kb to 50 kb.
- Applicant can apply for BITSAT-2022 exam online only through the official BITS admission website (bitsadmission.com).
- A valid Email-ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for the registration of your online application. The Email-ID and Mobile Number should be kept active till the declaration of admission results. BITS will send important information related to your application for writing the test followed by admission procedure on this registered Email/Mobile number.
- It is advised that the applicants who completed the application form must proceed to the payment immediately. Please check the payment methods given below.
- For Male – Rs. 3400/-
- For Female – Rs. 2900/-
- Male/Female applicants opting for Dubai exam center – US $90 (Rs. 6300/-)
Mode of Payment
- The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. The fee can be paid using any of the following modes:
- Payment using PayU Money Payment Gateway: Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI
- Payment using PayTM Payment Gateway: Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI
Also See: NIFT Entrance Exam
BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
- BITSAT Admit Card is made available for download on the official website. The admit card contains details such as Name of the applicant, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot, and exam instructions. BITSAT 2022 Admit Card is issued to only those applicants who do the slot booking before the last date.
- To download BITSAT Admit Card 2022, students need to use their BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID. In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
BITSAT 2022 Selection Procedure
Through BITSAT 2022
- Admissions will be made purely on merit based on the score obtained by the applicant in the BITSAT-2022
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2021 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of the Exam: Online mode (Computer Based Test)
- Language of Exam: English
- Duration of the Exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice MCQs
- Total No. of Questions: 150 Questions
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, applicants get 03 marks
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 01 mark are deducted
Distribution of Questions
- Part 1 – Physics: 40
- Part 2 – Chemistry: 40
- Part 3 – English Proficiency: 15
- Logical Reasoning: 10
- Part 4 – Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm): 45
- Total – 150
BITSAT Exam Syllabus
- The BITSAT 2022 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class.
- Applicants may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT 2022 will be made available to the registered applicants at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Scholarships at BITS
- There are various kinds of scholarships that applicants can avail. It is important to fulfil the eligibility conditions before applying for these.
- Board Toppers – Applicants who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first-semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Exam – Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Qualifying Exam – Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Exams – Students who have appeared in AIEEE or IIT-JEE for admission to engineering programmes, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.