PGI Chandigarh MD MS Courses 2017
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh has invited application for admission to MD (Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery) programs for the academic year 2017.
Eligibility for PGIMER Chandigarh MD MS Courses
To be eligible for admission to a MD/MS course at the Institute, Applicants.
Applicants must have passed MBBS, or its equivalent qualification, from a university / institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Applicants should have either completed, or due to complete, one year rotatory internship training on or before and December 31st for January session and June 30th for July session.
Applicants must be registered with central/state medical registration council.
Reservation of Seats
Some seats for various MD/MS courses are reserved for Applicants belonging to schedule castes (SC), scheduled tribes (ST) and other categories, as per instructions from Govt. of India, provided theses Applicants fulfill the minimum admission requirements prescribed by the Institute for the purpose.
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Reservation for Applicants from other backward classes (OBC) is granted as per notification of Govt of India.
The OBC certificate submitted by the applicants must have been issued by the competent authority within one year of the last date of submission of application.
OBC certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner etc., only will be recognized for this purpose.
Rural area (RA)
5 percent seats in MD/MS course are reserved for those applicants who have actually worked, are working or have carried practice in rural area for a minimum of two years on or before 30th June / 31st December for July and January session respectively for the session starting in July.
Applicants applying under this category are required to furnish from the District Magistrate concerned in support of the claim.
Person with Disability (PWD)
3 percent seats are served for Person with Disability. If the disability involves only one lower limb, it should be a minimum of 50 percent and should not exceed 70 percent. If the disability involves both lower limbs, the total disability should not exceed 70 percent, with a minimum of 50 percent.
Applicants with disability of lower limbs between 50 percent and 70 percent shall be considered.
Foreign Nationals (FN)
Foreign Applicants are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All foreign nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute, as per their instructions issued.
An advance copy must be submitted at PGIMER, Chandigarh before the last date of receipt of applications.
Check out..Study Materials for PGIMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2017
Applicants will considered for selection to MD/MS courses based on a theory paper consisting of 250 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with five alternatives each and single / multiple correct responses.
Negative marks will be given for incorrect responses marked.
The duration of this competitive entrance examination, to the conducted at various centres at Chandigarh is 3 hours.
Important Dates for PGI PG Medical Courses 2017
Dates for Submission of Online Applications & Generation of Challan Forms/Payment from i-Collect is from March 17th 2017 to April 17th 2017
State Bank of India will accept the fees of those applicants whose challan Form: April 20th 2017
Admission to all Courses will close on July 31st 2017
Date of MD/MS Entrance Exam:
Theory Exam: May 14th 2017 (10.00 am at various centres in Chandigarh)
Declaration of Result: May 15th 2017 (09.00 am at Bhargava Auditorium)
1st Counselling: June 16th 2017 (11.00 am a Bhargava Auditorium)
02nd Counselling: July 14th 2017 (11.00 am a Bhargava Auditorium)
03rd Counselling: July 24th 2017 (11.00 am a Bhargava Auditorium)
Fees and Dues
The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the Applicants admitted to the various MD/MS Courses.
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.250/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.720 per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs.5000/- (refundable) to the deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted.
The first installment of fees for six months is required to be paid immediately after selection.
How to Apply..?
The application form is available on the PGIMER website (www.pgimer.edu.in), where the Applicant can fill up various columns.
All Applicants are required to deposit the fees in any State Bank of India branch by filling the challan form in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (examination), in the Power Jyoti account no. 32211613319.
Those Applicants who have SBI account can also pay their fees through i-collect service no. 32222954695.
i) For SC/ST Applicants: Rs 800/-
ii) For all other categories: Rs.1000/-
Instruction of Filling the Application Form: Applicant after filling the application form, must attach all the relevant certificates/annexure and challan form with the application and sent the same to Registrar, PGIMER, Sector 12, Chandigarh Registrar, PGIMER, Sector 12, Chandigarh.
Applicants must fill their application form available on PGIMER website.
They must also take out a printout of Challan Form (in triplicate) and application form, and deposit the application fee at any State Band of India branch anywhere in India.
First Year Junior Resident (for MD/MS courses
1) Anesthesia (Gen-02, PwD-01, ST-01, Spon-04, FN-01 & Bhutanese National-01)
2) Biochemistry (SC-01, Spon-02 & FN-01)
3) Community Medicine (ST-01, OBC-02, Spon-02 & FN-01)
4) Dermatology (Gen-01 & SC-01, OBC-02, Spon.-01)
5) ENT (Gen-01, Spon-02, FN-02)
6) Forensic Medicine (Spon-01)
7) Internal Medicine (Gen-07, PwD-01, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-02, Spon-05 & FN-02)
8) Medical Microbiology (Gen-01, SC-02, ST-01, Spon-02 & FN-01)
9) Nuclear Medicine (Gen-01, ST-01 & Spon-02 FN-01)
10) Obstt & Gynae (Gen-02, OBC-01, Spon-03, FN-01)
11) Ophthalmology (Gen-01, Spon-03)
12) Ortho Surgery (Gen-01, SC-01, OBC-01, Spon-01 & FN-01)
13) Pathology (Gen-02, PWD-01, ST-02, Spon-03, FN-01)
14) Pediatrics (Gen-07, RA-01, SC-02, ST-02, OBC-03, Spon-05, FN-02)
15) Pharmacology (Gen-01, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-02, Spon.-02 & FN-01)
16) Psychiatry (Gen-02, ST-01, OBC-01, Spon-02)
17) Radiodiagnosis (Gen-02, RA-01, OBC-02, Spon-01 & FN-01)
18) Radiotherapy (SC-01, Spon-02)
19) General Surgery (Gen-02, SC-01, Spon-04, FN-02 & BN-01)
20) Transfusion Medicine (Spon-02, FN-01)
Total [Gen-33, RA-02, PwD-03, SC-12, ST-11, OBC-17, Spon-50, FN-18 & Bhutanese National-02]