CMC Vellore Distance Education M.Med in Family Medicine Programs 2018
Department of Distance Education, Christian Medical College, Vellore has invited application for admission to 2 years Master in Medicine in Family Medicine (M.Med in Family Medicine) program to be commenced in August 2018. The admissions will be through entrance test.
Eligibility Criteria for Family Medicine
- Applicants must possess a valid MBBS degree
- Applicants must possess a valid MCI/State Medical Council registration
- The course is open to Indian Citizens currently residing in India only
- The course is open only to doctors who are currently in active clinical practice
All applicants desirous of doing the M.Med in Family Medicine Program must take the Computer Based Entrance Test (CBT). Applicants will be shortlisted based on the results of the CBT.
- Upto 40% of the seats in the course will be reserved for women.
- Upto 50% of the seats will be reserved for sponsored applicants (Refer Section 4 of this bulletin).
- Upto 10 seats will be reserved for applicants who opt to depute and sponsor a nurse or clinical assistant for training.
The seats will be allotted area wise as given below:
Category-A (East & North East): Arunachal, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Orissa, West Bengal & Andaman: Upto 24 (no. of seats)
Category-B (North & Central India): UP, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, J&K, Himachal, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab: Upto 26 (no. of seats)
Category-C (North & Central India): Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Rajasthan, Lakshadweep: Upto 20 (no. of seats)
Category-D (South): AP, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry: Upto 30 (no. of seats)
The Course Fee for the M.Med in Family Medicine is Rs.88,600/-.
CMC Vellore M.Med in Family Medicine Application Form 2018
Application for the M.Med in Family Medicine is available online in the College Admissions Webpage from 09th March to 25th April 2018 and is to be submitted with a basic application fee of Rs.1000/-.
Please keep the following ready before you start the online application:
- Soft copy of your photograph (Specification for photograph: Recent colour passport size photograph taken after 1st February of this year, light background, JPEG format not exceeding 80 KB (Width – 150 pixels & Height – 150 pixels).
- Scan and keep ready a soft copy of your signature (Specification for signature: Scanned signature JPEG format not exceeding 50 KB (Width – 150 pixels & Height 50 pixels).
- Application fee payment (see mode of payment below).
- Online Payment: Use a Credit /Debit Card.
- Payment by Demand Draft: DD has to be drawn in favour of CMC Vellore Association, payable at Vellore; write your name and application number on the back of the Demand Draft (DD) and send the original Demand Draft (DD) to the address “The Coordinator, 2018 M.Med Application Dept. of Distance Education Main Block, 2nd Floor, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore-632004” (Tamil Nadu) on or before April 25th 2018.
- Payment by ICICI Challan: Send the original challan to the address given below before the 25th April 2018.
The CBT will be conducted on Tuesday, 15th May 2018 afternoon at the following centres: Aizawal, Alapuzha, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Cuddalore, Delhi NCR, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hooghly, Hyderabad, Jorhat, Kanyakumari, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Puducherry, Salem, Tezpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Vellore and Vijayawada.
Important Dates for CMC Vellore M.Med in Family Medicine
Start Accessing Online Application Form: March 9th 2018
Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms: April 25th 2018
Date of Computer Based Entrance Test: May 15th 2018
Announcement of selected candidates (Step 1): June 11th 2018
Submission of all related documents and course fee payment (Step 2): 11th to 25th June 2018
Course begins: August 1st 2018
Tags: cmc vellore, distance education, distance learning, entrance test, family medicine, family medicine courses, family medicine entrance test, family medicine program, family medicine programme, m.med program, master in medicine, master program, master programs in family medicine, online distance education, online distance program, online master programs