CMC Vellore Distance Education M.Med in Family Medicine Programs 2016
Department of Distance Education, Christian Medical College, Vellore has invited application for admission to 2 years Master in Medicine in Family Medicine (M.Med in Family Medicine) program to be commenced in August 2016. The admissions will be through entrance test.
Eligibility Criteria for Family Medicine
- Applicants must possess a valid MBBS degree
- Applicants must possess a valid MCI/State Medical Council registration
- The course is open to Indian Citizens currently residing in India only
- The course is open only to doctors who are currently in active clinical practice
All applicants desirous of doing the M.Med in Family Medicine Program must take the Computer Based Entrance Test (CBT). Applicants will be shortlisted based on the results of the CBT.
- Upto 40% of the seats in the course will be reserved for women.
- Upto 50% of the seats will be reserved for sponsored applicants (Refer Section 4 of this bulletin).
- Upto 10 seats will be reserved for applicants who opt to depute and sponsor a nurse or clinical assistant for training.
The seats will be allotted area wise as given below:
Category-A (East & North East): Arunachal, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Orissa, West Bengal & Andaman: Upto 24 (no. of seats)
Category-B (North & Central India): UP, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, J&K, Himachal, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab: Upto 26 (no. of seats)
Category-C (North & Central India): Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Rajasthan, Lakshadweep: Upto 20 (no. of seats)
Category-D (South): AP, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Puducherry: Upto 30 (no. of seats)
The Course Fee for the M.Med in Family Medicine is Rs.76,200/-; this fee can be paid in 2 installments:
1st Installment: Rs.50,000/- p.m.; deadline to receive each installment: June 30th 2016
2nd Installment: Rs.26,200/- p.m.; deadline to receive each installment: August 31st 2016
How to Apply?
Application for the M.Med in Family Medicine is available online in the College Admissions Webpage from 01st March to 01st April 2016 and is to be submitted with a basic application fee of Rs.1000/-.
Please keep the following ready before you start the online application:
- Soft copy of your photograph (Specification for photograph: Recent colour passport size photograph taken after 1st February of this year, light background, JPEG format not exceeding 80 KB (Width – 150 pixels & Height – 150 pixels).
- Scan and keep ready a soft copy of your signature (Specification for signature: Scanned signature JPEG format not exceeding 50 KB (Width – 150 pixels & Height 50 pixels).
- Application fee payment (see mode of payment below).
- Online Payment: Use a Credit /Debit Card.
- Payment by Demand Draft: DD has to be drawn in favour of CMC Vellore Association, payable at Vellore; write your name and application number on the back of the Demand Draft (DD) and send the original Demand Draft (DD) to the address “The Coordinator, 2016 M.Med Application Dept. of Distance Education Main Block, 2nd Floor, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore-632004” (Tamil Nadu) on or before April 08th 2016.
- Payment by ICICI Challan: Send the original challan to the address given below before the 08th April 2016
The CBT will be conducted on Saturday, 21st May 2016 afternoon at the following centres: Aizawal, Alapuzha, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Cuddalore, Delhi NCR, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hooghly, Hyderabad, Jorhat, Kanyakumari, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Puducherry, Salem, Tezpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Vellore and Vijayawada.
Important Dates for CMC Vellore M.Med in Family Medicine
Start Accessing Online Application Form: March 08th 2016
Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms: April 01st 2016
Last Date for Receipt of Printed Application Forms and Proof of Payment: April 08th 2016
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Sponsorship Forms & Supporting Documents: April 30th 2016
Step-1 (Computer Based Test) in centers allotted (Afternoon Session): May 21st 2016
Announcement of list of applicants who qualify for Step-2: May 30th 2016
Last Date for acceptance of offer of admission by email (Completion of Step 2): June 20th 2016
Last Date for Submission of documents related to acceptance of the offer of admission and course fee payment: June 30th 2016
Start of Step 3 – Certificate verification stage: July 07th 2016
Course begins: August 01st 2016
Tags: cmc vellore, distance education, distance learning, entrance test, family medicine, family medicine courses, family medicine entrance test, family medicine program, family medicine programme, m.med program, master in medicine, master program, master programs in family medicine, online distance education, online distance program, online master programs