GATE 2018 Application Process How to apply..?
All applicants have to apply via ONLINE only. Please read the details given below before you start the online application process.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for most of the applicant’s interaction with the GATE office. With this interface, an applicant can
- Do Enrollment using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from principle, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the Zonal GATE office in case of any queries/problems.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. The Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
GATE 2018 Exam Filling in Application Online
GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2018 Organizing Institute.
Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number, and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should NOT be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. The length of the password should be 8 -15 characters.
GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon registration, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you log in to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities
- High-quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Signature Specifications.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format only
- Scanned copy of Category / PwD Certificate in pdf format only (if applicable)
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Your Net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net banking mode. In case you are making the payment through debit card/credit card have the following information like debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number ready with you.
Check out Study Materials for GATE 2018 Exam
- GATE Electrical Engineering
- 5200 Fully Solved MCQ for IES, GATE & PSUs: Mechanical Engineering
- GATE – 2015: Electrical Engineering
- GATE Guide Electrical Engineering 2015
- GATE Guide Computer Science & Information Technology Engineering 2015
- GATE Guide Electronics & Communication Engineering 2015
- GATE Guide Computer Science & Information Technology Engineering 2016
- GATE Guide Electronics & Communication Engineering 2016
- GATE Guide Mechanical Engineering 2015
- GATE Guide Mechanical Engineering 2016
Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal). Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
You will have to select the payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled the form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
Problems in Login into GOAPS –This step may be used if the Applicant forgets the password or the Enrolment ID or did not receive the Enrolment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
- In the case of forgotten Enrolment ID or non-receipt of Enrolment ID via email, Applicant must provide Mobile Number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the Applicant via SMS.
- In the case of forgotten password, Applicant must provide Mobile Number and Enrolment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the Applicant via SMS/email.
- In the case of forgotten both Enrolment ID and as well as password or payment has not been made, the Applicant must re-enroll. If the payment has been made, then the Applicant must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
All Applicants have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Male Applicants (General/OBC) 1500/-
- Women Applicants of any category 750/-
- Other Applicants (General/OBC) 1500/-
- SC / ST / PwD* Category Applicants 750/-
* PwD: Person with a Physical Disability
GATE 2018 Exam Dates
Commencement of Online Application Form: September 01st 2017
Last Date of Application Form Submission: October 05th 2017
Last Date to request for change in examination city: November 17th 2017
GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability: January 05th 2018
GATE 2018 Exam Date: February 03rd, 04th, 10th, & 11th 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)
Answer Key Released On: Within a few days after examination
Announcement of GATE 2018 Results on the Online Application Website: March 17th 2018
Downloading of Score Card Begins: Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018
Counselling Commence: 02nd week of April 2018