DTE Kerala B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Exam 2018
DTE Kerala LET 2018: Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Kerala has invited applications for Entrance Examination to admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry for 2018 sessions.
Eligibility Criteria for DTE Kerala LET 2018
All admission will be as per the rank list prepared based on an objective type test conducted by the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram.
The admission will be subject to regulations of the Universities concerned. Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 30 years.
Non-Keralities are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the private self-financing institutions and non-govt. seats in the govt. controlled self-financing institutions.
For Writing the Entrance Exam: Applicants who have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Kerala or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of 3 years in an approved institution are eligible.
Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma Exam are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of admission.
Reservation of Seats
All seats under Lateral Entry scheme in Govt. Engineering Colleges will be allotted as Govt. Seats.
For 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Mgt. seats in Aided Engg Colleges & remaining 85% will be allotted as Govt. seats.
Communal reservation for applicant belonging to SEBC & SC/ST category will be followed as per usual norms 5.5 3% seats are physically disabled applicants.
Reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability.
For 5.7 80% of the available seats in IT branch are reserved for the Diploma Holders in IT.
Exam Centres: Exam Centers will be at Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kottayam, Thodupuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Tirur, Malappuram, SulthanBathery, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasaragod.
Admit Cards for the Exam can be downloaded from the website www.dtekerala.gov.in or www.tekerala.org
DTE Kerala LET 2018 Application Procedure
Application Forms and Prospectus are available in the websites www.dtekerala.gov.in or www.tekerala.org
Application Fee is Rs.750/- for General and Rs.375/- for SC/ST applicants, which can be paid in Shakti Account of the Joint Controller of Technical Exam from any branch of State Bank of Travancore.
ST applicants whose annual income is below Rs.40,000/- are exempted from paying application fee on condition that they produce income certificate for the same.
Submission of Application: Applications are to be submitted online and the downloaded application form duly filled up along with the relevant certificates and Shakti Challan form should reach the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram-695040 by registered post/or in person.
The annual Tuition fee in various colleges is as given below:
- In Govt. Engineering Colleges Tuition Fee Rs.6000/-Special Fee Rs.2000/- (per year)
- In Govt. Controlled Self-Financing Colleges Tuition Fee Rs 35,000/- (per year)
- In Private Self-Financing Colleges Tuition Fee Rs 50,000/-, Special Fee Rs 25000/-
Students will be liable to pay all other fees and other charges as per statutes.
Important Dates for DTE Kerala LET 2018
Online Registration: 14/03/2018 to 28/03/2018 5 pm
Last date of receipt of downloaded application in the Joint Controller of Technical Examinations Office, Thiruvananthapuram: 07 /04/2018 5 pm
Downloading of Hall Tickets from the website: 04/06/2018 to 08/06/2018
Date of Examination: 09/06/2018
Publication of Result: 20/06/2018
Downloading Score Cards from the website: 21/06/2018 to 30/06/2018
Online filling of options: 21/06/2018 to 28/06/2018
1st Allotment: 02/07/2018
Admission (1st allotment): 04/07/2018 & 05/07/2018
Rearranging higher options: 09/07/2018 to 10/ 07/2018, 5 pm
2nd Allotment: 13/07/2018
Admission (2nd allotment): 18/07/2018 & 19/07/2018
Rearranging higher options: 20/07/2018 & 21/07/2018, 5 pm
3rd Allotment: 26/07/2018
Admission (3rd allotment): 30/07/2018
Tags: b.tech admission, b.tech applications, B.Tech Courses, b.tech degree, b.tech degree online, b.tech entrance exam, b.tech fee structure, b.tech lateral entry, B.Tech Programs, btech, BTech Application Form, btech courses, dte kerala btech lateral entry, dte kerala let, engineering courses, Engineering Programs, Entrance Exam, kerala btech lateral entry admission, kerala lateral entry test, kerala let, kerala let 2018, kerala let application dates, kerala let fee structure, lateral entry, lateral entry scheme, lateral entry test, online b.tech courses