Eligibility for COMEDK UGET 2018 | Comedk Exam Date | Comedk UGET Eligibility
COMEDK UGET 2018 Entrance Examination will be conducted on Sunday the 13th May 2018 for admission to Under Graduate Medical, Dental and Engineering Courses in COMEDK member institutions.
Comedk UGET Eligibility Criteria 2018
Eligibility for UG Medical & Dental
KPM&DCA which has entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance examination and seat selection process. The following eligibility criteria for UG Medical and Dental courses.
- The applicants should have qualified in second PUC or 10+2 or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Govt., the last 2 years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit applicants must have passed these subjects (PCB) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50 percent marks taken together in PCB (40 percent in the case of SC/ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka State).
- The applicants who are appearing for the prescribed qualifying examination and expecting the percentage of marks as at (b) are also eligible to apply.
- The General Merit applicants must also secure not less than 50 percent marks (40 percent in the case of SC/ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka) in aggregate in PCB subjects in the COMEDK UG entrance test 2018.
- English is one of the subjects, as in the previous years, to be tested along with Physics, Chemistry and Biology during COMEDK UGET-2018; the General Merit applicants should secure not less than 50 percent marks in English (40 percent in the case of SC/ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka).
However, the marks so secured in English will not be added for the determination of rank which shall be decided exclusively based on the minimum required marks secured by the applicants in PCB subjects.
Further, an applicant is not entitled to a rank if he/she fails to secure 50 percent or 40 percent of the marks as the case may be in English.
The paper on English language will be normally of second PUC or 10+2 standard and will test the applicant’s comprehension of the language, the structure of words, phrases, clauses and sentences.
The applicant shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2018 of the year of admission to the MBBS/BDS course.
Eligibility for Engineering & Architecture
Based on written request of KUPECA, the following shall be the eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture courses.
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for BE/B.Arch is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent exam recognized by State/Central Govt.; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit applicants should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45 percent marks (40 percent in respect of SC/ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually.
Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects; however, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma applicants are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B.Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central /State Govt and having obtained atleast 50 percent marks in aggregate (45 percent in the case of SC/ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka).
- The applicants must have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for applicants seeking admission to B.Arch Course and Applicants seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application.
UGET 2018 would be held by COMEDK on Sunday the 13th May 2018.
Tags: age limit for comedk uget, comedk, comedk 2018 uget exam, comedk eligibility, comedk exam date, comedk exam eligibility, comedk medical courses, comedk uget, comedk uget 2018 eligibility, comedk uget age limit, comedk uget dates, comedk uget eligibility, comedk uget exam, Comedk UGET Exam Date, comedk uget requirement, dental, eligibility for comedk uget, engineering, medical, uget