AP ECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for Writing the Test
The Applicants satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for APECET:
i) They should be of Indian Nationality.
ii) They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh; the applicants should satisfy local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
iii) They should have obtained a Diploma in Engg & Technology/Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State or any other Diploma recognized by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy courses into the Courses corresponding to the Diplomas (OR).
They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc degree exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the state or its equivalent for entry into relevant.
iv) Applicants who are pursuing a Diploma course shall be eligible for entry into the relevant B.E / B.Tech / B.Pharmacy courses provided they have completed the practical training prescribed for the award of diploma course before admission into the college.
v) Applicants should have passed Diploma in Engg & Technology/Pharmacy/B.Sc Degree as the case may be with at least 45% marks (40% in case of applicants belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry Admission into B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm:
Applicants should have appeared and qualified at the AP ECET 2018; mere appearance at the Entrance test does not automatically entitle an applicant to be considered for entry into any course unless the applicant satisfies the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down in the rules of admission.
Admission to 85% of the seats in each course shall be reserved for the local applicants and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved seats as specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations and Admissions) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
The lateral entry seats in case of Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) are 20% over and above the sanctioned intake into the course. In case of University Colleges the lateral entry seats are 10% over and above the sanctioned intake into the course.
While filling up the lateral entry seats based on the APECET 2018 ranks, B.Sc (Mathematics) stream students will be considered for admission only after exhausting all the qualified diploma holders.
Eligibility for Writing Various AP ECET 2018 Papers
Bio-Technology: Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering.
Ceramic Technology: Ceramic Technology.
Chemical Engineering: Ceramic, Leather, Textile, Chemical Engg, Chemical-Petrochemical, Chemical-Plastics & Polymers, Chemical-Oil Technology, Chemical-Sugar Technology.
Civil Engineering: Civil, Civil-Construction Technology.
Computer Science & Engg.: Computer, Electronics and Computer, Special Diploma In Electronics With Computer, Information Technology.
Electronics & Communication Engg.: Electronics And Communication Engg, Special Diploma In Electronics-Biomedical, Tv And Sound, Industrial Electronics, Communication Engg, Embedded Systems, Applied Electronics And Instrumentation, Electronics And Instrumentation, Electronics And Telematics.
Electrical Engg.: Electrical Engineering.
Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.: Electronics And Instrumentation, Special Diploma In Electronics-Industrial Electronics, Applied Electronics And Instrumentation.
Mechanical Engg.: Automobile Engineering, Foot Wear Technology, Industrial Engg, Industrial Production Engg, Jewellery Design And Manufacturing, Mechanical Eng, Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich), Packaging Technology, Printing Technology.
Metallurgical Engg.: Metallurgical Engineering.
Mining Engg.: Mining Engineering, Industrial Engg, Mechanical Engg, Industrial Production Engg.
B.Sc: B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects.
Tags: andhra pradesh ecet, andhra pradesh engineering courses, ap ecet, ap ecet 2018, ap ecet 2018 eligibility, ap ecet age limit, ap ecet eligibility, ap engineering common entrance test, apecet eligibility, cet, common entrance exam, diploma courses, eligibility for ap ecet, eligibility for apecet, eligibility for diploma holders, eligibility for engineering courses, engineering courses, engineering entrance exam, Engineering Programs