Indian Air Force Airman Group X, Y Recruitment 2021 Batch 01/2022 Rally Notification
Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment 2021 – Indian Air Force (IAF) has published the notification for recruitment to the post of Airmen in Group ‘X’ and Group ‘Y’ Trades. Eligible Unmarried Male (Indian/Nepalese) Applicants can apply for IAF Airmen Recruitment 2021 through online mode on airmenselection.cdac.in or www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in from 10 AM on 22nd January 2021. The last date for IAF Airmen Registration is 07th February 2021.
Also read CISF ASI Recruitment 2021
Indian Air Force Airman 01/2022 Batch
IAF Airmen Selection Test will be conducted from 18th April to 22nd April 2021. The candidates can check more details on IAF Recruitment 2021 such as salary selection process, application process, educational qualification, age limit below in this article.
Indian Air Force
Airman in Group X (Technical) Trades & Airman in Group Y (Non-Technical) Trades
Indians & Nepalis
Group X & Y
Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
Start Date for Submission of Online Application
22nd January 2021 from 10 am onward
Last Date for Submission of Online Application
07th February 2021 till 5 AM
Online Exam Date
18th April to 22nd April 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment 2021
Date of Birth Block
- Candidate born between 16 January 2001 and 29 December 2004 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
(a) Group ‘X’ (Except Education Instructor Trade)
- Passed Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR
- Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream, as mentioned in the drop down menu of apply online section under candidate’s login on the CASB web portal www.airmenselection.cdac.in. The candidate should have completed the course from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
(b) Group ‘Y’ [Except IAF(S) and Musician Trades]
- Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
(c) Group ‘Y’ Medical Assistant Trade Only
- Passed 10+2/Intermediate/ equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Note–1: Candidate eligible for Group ‘X’ examination (on the basis of intermediate/10+2) are also eligible for Group ‘Y’ and would be given an option of appearing in both Group ‘X’ and Group ‘Y’ exam in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
- Note – 2: Diploma holders are eligible to appear for Group X trades only.
- Note – 3: Education Boards listed in Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website as members, as on date of registration shall only be considered.
- Note – 4: Exact aggregate Percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/Intermediate/ Equivalent Examination/Three years Diploma Course OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board/ Polytechnic Institute shall only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not to be rounded off to 50%).
Mandatory Medical Standards
- General Medical Standards for both Group ‘X’ (Except Education Instructor Trade) and Group ‘Y’ (Except IAF (S) and Musician Trades) are as follows:
- Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms except IAF (P) and Auto Tech trades. However, Minimum acceptable height for IAF (P) and Auto Tech trades are mentioned below:- For IAF(P) trade – 165 Cms (For NE and Hill States) 175 Cms (For other States) For Auto Tech trade -162.5 Cms (For NE and Hill States) 165 Cms (For other States)
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age. However, minimum weight of 55 Kg required for Operations Assistant (ATS) Trade only.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points. (vii) General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
- Details of medical standards for various Groups/Trades are available on CASB web portal airmenselection.cdac.in
Pay & Allowances & Perquisites
- Pay & Allowances. During training, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month shall be paid. On completion of training the starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Military Service Pay (MSP), Group ‘X’ Pay (applicable for Group ‘X’ Trades only) and Dearness Allowance (DA) will be as follows:
- Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor Trade). Rs.33,100/- per month plus Dearness allowance (as applicable) which, in subsequent years, may rise as per the career progression of the individual.
- Group ‘Y’ [Except IAF(S) and Musician Trades]. Rs. 26,900/- per month plus Dearness allowance (as applicable) which, in subsequent years, may rise as per the career progression of the individual.
- In addition to the above, various allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance (CPMA), Leave Ration Allowance (LRA), High Altitude Allowance, Field Area/Modified Field Area Allowance, House Rent Allowance (HRA), Children Education Allowance/ Hostel Subsidy etc., shall also be admissible from time to time as applicable.
- Perks such as ration, clothing, medical facilities, accommodation, CSD (Canteen) facilities, leave (60 days annual and 30 days casual or as per the terms and condition at the time of enrolment in a calendar year as a privilege, subject to service exigencies), Recreational facilities, Transport facility for school going children and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules.
- Also, Group Insurance Cover of Rs. 50 Lakhs at a premium of Rs. 3200/- per month for all airmen
Sequence of Examination
Phase – I
- Online Test [For both Group ‘ X’ Trades (except Education Instructor Trade)] & Group ‘Y’ [except IAF(S) and Musician Trades]
- Eligible candidates will be sent provisional admit cards for Phase – I of testing on their registered e-mail IDs 48-72 hrs prior to the examination, which they will download & take a colour printout and will carry the same to the examination centre on the day of online test as indicated on their respective admit cards to appear in the selection test.
- However name of city & exam date will be intimated to candidates well in advance to enable the candidates to plan their movement. This provisional admit card can also be downloaded by the candidate under candidates login on CASB web portal airmenselection.cdac.in
- All candidates in possession of provisional admit card will undertake Online Test as per their respective group applied for, at centres designated/allotted as per their admit card. Online test will be objective type and questions will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper.
- Online test for candidates opting for both group ‘X’ & ‘Y’ shall be conducted in one sitting, on the same system. Candidates are to bring one blue/black pen and original valid ID proof along with them for Phase – I testing
- Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor) – Total duration of the online test shall be 60 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
- Group ‘Y’ Trades [Except IAF(S) and Musician] – Total duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- Both Group ‘X’ & ‘Y’ Trades – Total duration of the online test shall be 85 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics, and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
Marking Pattern for online test:
- One mark for every correct answer.
- Nil (0) marks for unattempted question.
- 25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
Phase – II
- Soon after the declaration of the result of Phase-I (Online) Test, a cut off will be applied based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Phase I Test and SHORTLISTED candidates will be sent a New admit card on their Registered e-mail IDs for phase – II test at a designated Airmen Selection Centre. This admit card for phase – II exam can also be downloaded online under candidate’s login on CASB web portal airmenselection.cdac.in. Candidates have to report on the stipulated date and time for Phase – II at the designated Airmen Selection Centre along with following documents:
- Colour print out of admit card for phase – II.
- Colour print out of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
- HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, glue stick, stapler and black/blue ball point pen for writing.
- Eight copies of un-attested passport size colour photograph (which was used for the online application registration).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation passing certificate (required for verification of candidate’s name, father’s name and his date of birth).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation marks sheet (only applicable for three years diploma course holders when English is not a subject in diploma course).
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, who qualify the online test, shall be displayed on the CASB Web Portal airmenselection.cdac.in and on a stipulated date shall be called at designated airmen selection centre for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) which would consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds.
- Candidates shall also have to complete 10 Push-ups, 10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
- Note: Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts/track pants.
Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- Online registration for the Selection Test will be available from 22nd January 2021 (1000h) on airmenselection.cdac.in and will close on 07th February 2021 (1700h).
- Detailed instructions on how to register/ fill-up application forms are available on the web portal. Candidates are to strictly follow the given instructions.
PROVISIONAL SELECT LIST (PSL)
- The PSL (merit-wise) will be prepared after the completion of selection test and the same will be displayed at all the airmen selection centres (ASCs) and also on web portal airmenselection.cdac.in on 31 October 2021 Inclusion of names of candidates in the PSL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the selection test and the same is determined by application of cut off marks vis-à-vis number of qualified candidates in phase-II testing and anticipated vacancy.
- Inclusion of name in provisional select list (PSL) does not guarantee automatic enrolment.
- Enrolment is strictly in order of merit subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting all the laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment.
- The validity of the PSL shall be 06 months from the date of display and shall be applicable only for intake/entry 01/2022.
The following documents are to be uploaded as applicable to respective applicants:
- Class 10th /matriculation passing certificate
- Intermediate/10+2 or equivalent marksheet / marksheets (if applying on the basis of 12th/ intermediate or equivalent educational qualifications) OR
- 3 Yrs Engineering Diploma final year marksheet (if applying on the basis of 3 yrs Engineering Diploma from a Govt. recognized polytechnic institute in prescribed stream)
- Passport size recent colour photograph (taken not before December 2019) of size 10 KB to 50 KB (front portrait in light background without head gear except for Sikhs).
- The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name and date of photograph taken, clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters.
- Applicants left hand thumb impression image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB). Applicant’s signature image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB).
- Applicants parent’s (Father/Mother)/Guardian’s signature image (if the candidate is below 18 years on the date of filling the online application).
- The mark sheet indicating marks in English subject in diploma (if applying on the basis of 3 Yrs Engineering Diploma qualification) or in 12th/10th if English is not a subject in diploma.
- Eligible candidates to log on to airmenselection.cdac.in or www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in for online registration and guidelines for filling up the form online between 22 January 2021 (10:00h) to 07 February 2021 (17:00h) (both days inclusive).
- FOR ANY QUERY CONTACT, PRESIDENT, CENTRAL AIRMEN SELECTION BOARD, BRAR SQUARE, DELHI CANTT, NEW DELHI – 110010, TELEPHONE NO. 011-25694209/ 25699606 AND E-MAIL: [email protected] OR LOG ON TO CASB WEB PORTAL airmenselection.cdac.in UNDER CANDIDATE’S LOG IN.
- For queries pertaining to filling up of online application form, candidates may also contact on Telephone No. 020-25503105/25503106.