DRDO RAC Recruitment 2022 for 630 Scientist ‘B’ Posts, Apply Online
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022 – The Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) under the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has released DRDO RAC Scientist B Notification 2022 inviting online applications from qualified and interested candidates for filling Six Hundred and Thirty (630) Scientist B posts in DRDO, DST and ADA through DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022.
The online application for DRDO RAC Scientist B Jobs 2022 closes 21 days from activation of the link to be notified shortly.
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment Notification 2022
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022: Candidates can find the DRDO Scientist B recruitment notification 2022 PDF on the official website. The DRDO Scientist B recruitment 2022 exam is likely to be held on 16th October 2022 so that candidates can prepare accordingly. Another important factor while applying for this opportunity is the number of vacancies that will be released. DRDO Scientist B Notification 2022 vacancy number will be known once the official notification will be released.
DRDO RCA Scientist B Recruitment 2022
- Post Name: Scientist B Posts in DRDO, DST, and ADA
- Organization: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) – RAC
- Job Location: Anywhere in India
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
- Starting Date of Application: To be released
- Last Date of Application: 21 days from activation of link
- DRDO Scientist B Exam Date: 16th October 2022
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022 Vacancy Details
- Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO – 579 Posts
- Scientist ‘B’ in DST – 08 Posts
- Scientist/Engineer ‘B’ in ADA – 43 Posts
DRDO Scientist B Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals need to apply
DRDO Scientist B Educational Qualification
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Electronics & Communication Engg [Paper code: EC] Minimum 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree, if done from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT).
- Mechanical Engineering – At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Mechanical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Mechanical Engineering [Paper code: ME]. Minimum 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree if done from an IIT or NIT.
- Computer Science & Engineering – At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Computer Science & Engg from a recognized university or equivalent and a valid GATE score in Computer Science &
- Electrical – At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electrical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering.
- Material Science & Engineering and Metallurgical Engineering – At least First Class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Metallurgy from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Metallurgical Engineering
- Physics – At least First Class Master’s Degree in Physics from a recognized university or equivalent and a Valid GATE score in Physics.
- Chemistry – At least First Class Master’s Degree in Chemistry from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Chemistry
- Aeronautical –At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Aeronautical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent and Valid GATE score in Aerospace Engineering.
- Mathematics – At least First Class Master’s Degree in Mathematics from a recognized university or equivalent. Valid GATE score in Mathematics.
- UR/EWS – 28 years
- OBC – 31 years
- SC/ST – 33 years
- UR/EWS – 35 years
- OBC – 38 years
- SC/ST – 40 years
- UR/EWS – 30 years
- OBC – 33 years
- SC/ST – 35 years
- The candidates can check the more details on eligibility in the Notification
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022 Application Procedure
How to Apply Online?
- Candidates are required to register online at the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
- On successful registration, the candidates may login before the closing date of the advertisement to fill the application form online. The candidates are required to upload the requisite certificates (See Para 3 for details), the details of the application fee payment (if not exempted) and lock the application before submission of the same.
- All serving candidates (whether in permanent or temporary capacity) working in Government or in Government owned organizations (PSU/Joint venture, Government promoted societies and Government/ Non-Government companies/Agencies/ Entities where Government or Government promoted companies/ Agencies/ Entities have a combined controlling stake of 50% or more) need to upload a signed declaration as per format given on the web site that they have informed in writing to their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) that they have applied for the post in RAC, DRDO and in case of any objection, the employer may communicate with RAC (at email: [email protected]) directly within 15 days of the closing date of online registration
- The candidates will be required to produce a copy of proof of their communication with their employer (intimation/ acknowledgment) regarding their application for the post at the time of the interview. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by RAC withholding permission to the candidates applying for the posts, their candidature will be liable for cancellation.
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the online recruitment application (pdf format) after locking the online application form.
- Only locked/finalized applications in all respects shall be considered.
Points to be considered while filling the Application form
- The GATE paper and the subject of qualifying degrees of the candidates must be as per the discipline-wise table provided (Table 1).
- Candidates are advised to be careful while filling in their GATE score, as the shortlisting will be based on the score filled in the application form.
- The scrutiny of the application will only be done for those candidates who are above the cut-off of the GATE score, as per the norms of shortlisting specified in the advertisement. A wrongly filled GATE score may automatically result in the candidate not getting shortlisted for scrutiny purposes also.
- RAC may be verifying the GATE score of the applicants, and if the verification requires any additional information at a later stage (apart from the information sought on the application form), the same will be asked from the candidate. Failing to furnish the required information when asked will make their candidature liable for cancellation.
- On verification, if it is found that the candidate’s GATE score (as filled by him/her) is false, then RAC reserves the right to initiate appropriate proceedings (including criminal proceedings) against the candidate.
Documents To Be Uploaded Online
- Self-attested certificates/testimonials regarding Date of Birth (Matriculation /High School Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by the appropriate local authority), Essential Qualification degree along with mark-sheets (both front and reverse side), Conversion Formula (CGPA/CPI to Percentage), Caste, EWS status, Ex-serviceman, Disability, Employment in Central Govt. civilian posts, etc. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500KB and it must be legible when a printout is taken.
- Candidates are required to submit the relevant affidavit if there is any mismatch in the name of self or parents as mentioned in the application form with any of the certificates/documents being uploaded.
- A recent passport size colour photograph (size not exceeding 30KB; resolution of 110 x 140 pixels).
- Scanned sample of candidate’s signature.
- Valid GATE score card(Applicable only for Category I candidates in Part-I disciplines, and for all candidates in Part-II disciplines).
- The candidates, whether in Govt Service or in Govt owned organizations, should upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available on the RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing that they have applied for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- General (UR), EWS, and OBC male candidates are required to pay a non-refundable non-transferable application fee of Rs100/- (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only.
- There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
Screening / Shortlisting
For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-I
- Category I: Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Written Examination on the basis of a GATE score in the ratio of 1:25 subject to their availability in order of discipline-wise category-wise merit list.
- Category II: All eligible IIT and NIT graduate engineers with a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree will be called for a Written Examination.
- Candidates who appear for the Written Examination will be further shortlisted for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:5 in order of merit list prepared on the basis of the Written Examination only.
For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-II
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Personal Interview on the basis of a GATE score in the ratio of 1:5 subject to their availability in order of discipline-wise category-wise merit list.
DRDO Scientist B Recruitment 2022 Selection Process
- The shortlisted candidates on the basis of the GATE scores and/or Written Examination will be required to appear in the Personal Interview to be held at Delhi or any other place as decided by RAC/ DRDO.
- The offer of appointment to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of vacancies in order of merit. The appointment, however, will be subject to satisfying conditions like qualifying the Medical Examination prescribed for Group ‘A’ Technical posts of Govt. of India with Field Service liability and verification of character antecedents besides verification of SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD(HH)/PwD(LD)/PwD(AAV)/PwD(Dw) certificate, etc, wherever applicable.
- The final result (customized for the individual candidates) will be made available on the RAC website (https://rac.gov.in).
- For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-I: The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline-wise category-wise merit of aggregate of 80% weightage of marks in the Written Examination and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- For Subjects/Disciplines under Part-II: The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of discipline-wise category-wise merit of aggregate of 80% weightage of GATE score and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- The final selection of PwD (HH), PwD (LD), and PwD (AAV/Dw) candidates against the vacancies reserved for them in the applicable disciplines will be purely on the basis of the combined merit of an aggregate of 80% weightage of the GATE score and 20% weightage of marks in Personal Interview.
- Only those candidates securing minimum qualifying marks of 70% (for UR category) and 60% (for EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PwD category) in the Personal Interview will be considered for the preparation of the final merit list. Candidates who do not qualify the interview will not be considered for final selection irrespective of their Written Examination score (for Part-I disciplines) / GATE score (for Part-II disciplines).
- The selection against the UR vacancies will be done first based on the combined merit list of all candidates. The filling up of backlog vacancies in the OBC/SC/ST category will be taken up after exhausting the UR vacancies.
DRDO Scientist B Admit Card
Applicants who successfully applied online for DRDO Scientist B recruitment, eagerly wait for the DRDO Scientist B admit card. A hall ticket is a document that is used to identify the person who is applying for the given posts. The admit card is issued by the conducting authorities and will be released on the official website.
The steps to download DRDO Scientist B admit card 2022 are provided below.
- Open the official website of DRDO.
- Select the DRDO Scientist B to admit card link.
- Enter your login details.
- Your DRDO Scientist B admits card will appear on the screen.
- Download the hall ticket for the exam.
Also See SBI SCO Recruitment 2022
DRDO Scientist B Syllabus 2022
The DRDO Scientist B syllabus 2022 for various branches is decided by the conducting authority. We have provided the subjects along with the important topics in the table below.
|Chemical Engineering||Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, Heat Transfer, Databases, Chemical Technology, Mass Transfer, Digital Logic, Theory of Computation, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation and Process Control, and Plant Design and Economics.|
|Computer Science Engineering||Paper I- Engineering Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, and Algorithms.|
Paper-II- Compiler design, Databases, Computer Networks, Security of Cyber-Systems, AI and Machine Learning.
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Networks, Signals and Systems, Communications, Analog Circuits, Control Systems, Electromagnetics, Electronic Devices, and Digital Circuits.|
|Electrical Engineering||Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Power Systems, Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Electronics and Drives, and Electrical Machines.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Forming, Operations Research, Joining, Theory of Machines, Engineering Materials, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning, and Control, Vibrations, Design, Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Metal Casting, Thermodynamics, Machining, and Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection.|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Control Systems and Process Control, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems, and Communications, Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronic Measurements|
|Logical Relations||Analogies, Artificial Language, Blood Relations, Calendars, Cause and Effect, Syllogism, Clocks, Coding-Decoding, Critical path, Ranking, Cubes and cuboids, Data Sufficiency, Alphanumeric series, Odd One Out, Picture Series and Sequences, Paper Folding, Input-Output, Directions, Embedded Images, Figure Matrix, Pattern Series and Sequences, Seating Arrangements, Statement and Conclusions, Shape Construction, Simple equation and age problems.|
|Spatial Reasoning||Figural Series, Arithmetical Reasoning, Directions, Problem-Solving, Verbal & Figure Classification, Analogies, Similarities & Differences, Relationship Concepts, Space Visualization, Coding-Decoding, Arithmetical Number Series, Decision-Making, Analysis & Judgment, Discrimination, Visual Memory, and Data Sufficiency.|
|English||Articles, Grammar, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Rearrangement, Adverb, Word Formation, Antonyms, Vocabulary, Subject-Verb Agreement, Passage Completion, Sentence Completion, Idioms & Phrases, Error Correction, Unseen Passages, Synonyms, Tenses, and Verb.|
DRDO Scientist B Salary
Candidates should understand the several perks and benefits that come with the position, as well as the DRDO Scientist B salary. Working for the DRDO comes with a lot of duties as well as a good income. The various components of the gross salary for the aforementioned position are outlined. The table below shows the DRDO Scientist B salary structure. Candidates who will be selected for the DRDO Scientist B post will be given a salary of ₹ 56,000-80,000/-.
- For Scientist B Pay Scale Rs.56100/- (Level 10 as per 7th CPC).
|Basic Pay||₹ 56100-177500/-|
|Dearness Allowance||₹ 6,732 /-|
|Travel Allowance||₹ 3,600 – 7,200/-|
|Gross Salary||₹ 68,307 – 85,553|
Frequently Asked Question – FAQ
Q. What is the last date to apply for DRDO Scientist ‘B’ Recruitment 2022?
Ans. The last date to apply for DRDO Scientist ‘B’ recruitment 2022 is 21 days from the activation of the link.
Q. How many vacancies are open as per DRDO recruitment notification 2022?
Ans. There is a total of 630 vacancies open.
Q. How I can submit DRDO Scientist ‘B’ application form offline or online?
Ans. You can Apply Online.
Q. What is the location for the Scientist ‘B’ job posting?
Ans. The positions are based Across India.
Q. What is the main qualification to apply for DRDO Scientist ‘B’ online Application form?
Ans. The main qualification is Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s degree in Engineering.