CLAT 2016 Apply Procedure – How to Apply..?
The CLAT 2017 is being conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
Application Form and Information Brochure for CLAT 2017
The CLAT 2017 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 01st January 2017 to 31st March 2017 along-with the Information Brochure.
No hard copy of the Application Form and Information Brochure will be sold.
CLAT 2017 Information Brochure (not the application form) will also be accessible from the respective website of all the participating NLU(s).
Mode of Payment through CLAT 2017
Applicant will have to make payment on three occasions through CLAT website viz,
- submitting the Online Application Form
- if interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers and
- while participating in the counseling session
Applicant will have to make online/offline payment through CLAT website.
The online payment can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc. wherein the applicant will have to bear the additional bank transaction charges for remitting the fees through payment gateways.
For paying the fees offline through website, the applicant will have to download the ‘Bank Challan‘ that will be generated with the required information, as filled in by the applicant, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the designated bank.
After making the requisite payment at the bank, the applicant needs to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of application form on the website.
CLAT 2017 Application Fee
- For Unreserved / OBC / PWD and other category applicants: Rs4000/-
- For SC/ST category applicants Rs3500/-
- The above application fee includes cost of online application form and e-brochure.
- Previous year e-Question Papers of CLAT shall be available on the payment of Rs250/- only. For this the mode of payment is Online only.
There is only one mode of application i.e. online which can be accessed by a applicant after registering himself / herself on the CLAT website by creating a login account.
The Online Application Form can be submitted only between 01st January 2017 to 31st March 2017 (11.59pm).
The submitted Online Application Form in PDF format and other details will be available and accessible in the Login Account of the applicant; no copies of the filled in Online Application Form or uploaded certificates / documents need to be sent to the CLAT Office separately.
The Hall-Ticket / Admit Card may be accessed / downloaded by the applicant in the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT; the applicant is required to take the printout of the Admit Card to the Exam Hall.
Incomplete application or application in any mode other than online or application after the last date and time shall not be considered. It shall be the obligation of the applicant to fill the Online Application Form in a timely manner and the Organizing University, i.e. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow -226012 (UP) shall not be responsible in anyway.
Documents to be uploaded during Online Application
The original certificates / documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT 2017 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission.
The relevant copies of the certificates / documents in support of one’s claim for admission are to be uploaded while filling the Online Application Form (photograph and signature of the applicant and parent / guardian need not be attested).
The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/jpg format by all the applicants are:
- Birth Certificate, if not available then standard 10th passing certificate issued by recognized board or Passport can be uploaded
- Standard 10th Marksheet
- Qualifying Exam Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses)
- Qualifying Exam Marksheet/Certificate such as LLB or its equivalent exam certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses)
- Front Facing Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
- Signature of applicant [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
- The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a applicant depending on the applicability are:
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Disability Certificate (Persons with Disability, PWD)
- Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant
- Certificates in support of one’s claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Applicant
- Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
Check out CLAT 2017 Study Materials