BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern | BITSAT 2018 Paper Pattern | BITSAT Exam Pattern 2018
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern information’s the test format of the online tests including number and types of questions and marking scheme. Applicants appearing for the entrance exam have to know the Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2018 well in advance.
They will be tested on the comprehension of class XI and XII NCERT syllabus. Questions in the exam will be from different subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
All the questions and information of the test will be in English only. Applicants must bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing, etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centres. Applicants are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science will announce the Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2018 later. As of now, aspirants can check here the test pattern of last year’s online entrance exam to get a fair idea and prepare accordingly.
BITSAT 2018 will be of total three-hour duration (without break). The test will consist of four parts:
- Part I: Physics
- Part II: Chemistry
- Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV: Mathematics
All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being the correct choice.
Each correct answer will fetch three marks, while each incorrect answer will have a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark). No marks will be awarded for questions not attempted.
While the applicant can skip a question, the computer will not allow the applicant to choose more than one option as correct answer.
There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
Part Subject Number of questions
Part I Physics 40
Part II Chemistry 40
Part III (a) English Proficiency 15
(b) Logical Reasoning 10
Part IV Mathematics 45
If the applicant answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the applicant will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics only; 4 questions from each part. Further, once the applicant has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
Important stuff to keep in mind about BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- There will be no time limit for individual parts of the test. The applicant can go back and change any of his/her answers to the 150 questions.
- The questions in BITSAT 2018 will be so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious applicants to score higher. However, applicants ought to keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage but may result in a reduction in the total score.
- The questions in BITSAT 2018 will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different applicants will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc.
- BITSAT Exam Date 2018
- BITSAT 2018 Frequently Asked Questions
- BITS Pilani B.Pharmacy Admission 2018
- BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2018
Tags: bitsat, bitsat 2018, bitsat 2018 exam, bitsat 2018 exam pattern, bitsat 2018 paper pattern, bitsat 2018 test format, bitsat application, bitsat exam, bitsat exam 2018, bitsat exam date, bitsat exam pattern, bitsat examination, bitsat paper pattern, bitsat paper pattern 2018, bitsat pattern, bitsat test pattern, exam pattern for bitsat, pattern for bitsat, test pattern for bitsat