IOB SO Recruitment 2021 Notification for Specialist Officer Posts
IOB SO Recruitment 2021 – Indian Overseas Bank has released the Notification for Recruitment to the Post of Specialist Officers for the Posts of Information Security and Information System Audit in MMG Scale II & MMG Scale III against 10 Vacancies.
Interested candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria may apply online from 08th February 2021 to 20th February 2021 by visiting our website. No other mode of application will be accepted.
IOB SO Recruitment 2021 Details
- Indian Overseas Bank, Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites online applications from qualified candidates for recruitment against 10 Vacancies for Specialist Officers for the posts of Information Security and Information System Audit in MMG Scale II & MMG Scale III.
|Name of the Posts||Specialist Officer (Senior Manager and Manager) Posts|
|Organisation||Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)|
|Job Location||Chennai and anywhere in India|
|Industry||Govt. of India undertaking|
IOB Specialist Officer Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
|Payment of Application Fee / Intimation Charges||08th to 20th February 2021|
|Opening Date of Online Registration||08th February 2021|
|Closing Date of Online Registration||20th February 2021|
Also Read: RBI Assistant Exam 2021
Indian Overseas Bank Vacancy Details
- The details of the vacancy as given in the Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment 2021 is as below
|Post Name||No. of Vacancy|
|Manager (Information Security)||01|
|Senior Manager (Information Security)||03|
|Manager (Information system Audit)||03|
|Senior Manager (Information system Audit)||03|
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Overseas Bank SO Recruitment 2021
- A candidate must be either
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Online Examination / Interview conducted by the Bank, may be provisionally selected, but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced.
- Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. in original along with a photocopy thereof in support of their identity and eligibility as indicated in the online application form. Please note that no change of category will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application and the result will be processed considering the category which has been indicated in the online application, subject to guidelines of the Government of India in this regard.
- Merely applying for / being shortlisted / appearing for the interview and/or subsequent processes do not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in the Bank. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than in which applied will be entertained.
Also read Latest Government Jobs
Manager (Information Security) /MMGS II
- B.E. / B. Tech Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication/ Information Security/Cyber Security with minimum 60% marks^ or equivalent Grade or First Class
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess CISA/ CISSP/ CISM/ DISA/Certified Cyber Forensic Professional (CCFP), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFS), Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification
Senior Manager (Information Security) / MMGS III
- B.E. / B. Tech Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Computer Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication/ Information Security/ Cyber Security with minimum 60% marks^ or equivalent Grade or First Class.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess CISA/ CISSP/ CISM/ DISA/Certified Cyber Forensic Professional (CCFP), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFS), Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification.
Manager (Information System Audit)/MMGS II
- B.E. / B. Tech Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Computer Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Engineering / Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication/Information Security/ Cyber Security with minimum 60% marks^ or equivalent Grade or First Class.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess CISA/ DISA Certification
Senior Manager (Information System Audit)/MMGS III
- B.E. / B. Tech Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Computer Technology/ computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Engineering / Information Technology/Electronics & Communication/Information Security/ Cyber Security with minimum 60% marks^ or equivalent Grade or First Class.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess CISA/ DISA Certification.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Candidates – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes Candidates – 3 years
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – 10 years
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
- Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 12 months from the date prescribed for closing of online registration) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on invalidment – 5 years
Pay Scale for Indian Overseas Bank Specialist Officer
- MMGS II – Rs.48,170 – 1,740 / 1 – 49,910 – 1,990 / 10 – 69,810
- MMGS III – Rs.63,840 – 1,990 / 5 – 73,790 – 2,220 / 2 – 78,230
- Candidates selected will be on probation for a period of 2 years (active service) from the date of joining the Bank. Their confirmation in Bank’s service will be as determined by the Bank in terms of Officers’ Service Regulation (OSR).
- Candidates selected for appointment will be required to execute a Financial Service Indemnity Bond for Rs.1,00,000 (Rupees One lac) for rendering service for a minimum period of 3 years.
Selection Process for IOB SO Recruitment 2021
- Selection will be made on the basis of an Online Examination followed by Interview. Candidates qualifying in the Online Examination would be called for personal Interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for Online Examination or Interview.
- The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the Online Examination and Interview after preliminary screening / short listing with reference to candidates’ qualification, experience, profile vis-à-vis job requirements etc.,
- Results of the candidates who have qualified for various stages of the recruitment process and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the website. Final selected list will be published on the website.
Indian Overseas Bank SO Recruitment 2021 Application Form
How to Apply?
- The candidates can apply for more than one post, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. However, registration and payment of application fee is to be done individually, for each post applied for
- Candidates can apply online only from 08.02.2021 to 20.02.2021 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
- Before applying online, candidates should:
- Go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) available under the title “RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST OFFICERS FOR INFORMATION SECURITY AND INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDIT IN MMG SCALE II & MMG SCALE III – 2020-21” in our website iob.in under “Careers” page and ensure candidate’s eligibility before applying for the said post.
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure I to this advertisement.
- Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active throughout the entire recruitment process. Bank may send call letters for the Interview/Final Selection etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying Online and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for Applying Online
- Candidates are first required to go to the Bank’s website iob.in and click on the “Careers” Page to open the link “Recruitment Of Information security & Information Audit Officers in MMG Scale II & III – 2020-21” and then click on the Register Online link.
- Candidate has to First Register Online by clicking “Click here to Register Online”
- On successful registration, E-mail will be sent to the candidates along with the Registration Number and Password for applying Online. Candidates should note his/ her Unique Registration Number and Password for future reference failing which they will not be able to proceed further
Application Fee/Intimation Charges (Non-Refundable)
- SC/ST/PWD (Only Intimation charges) – INR 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only)
- For all others (Including OBC & EWS) – INR 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be adjusted against any other recruitment process.
Payment by Online Mode
- Candidates who have submitted the Online Application successfully may proceed for payment of intimation charges through Online Mode. For making the payment candidates are required to click on “Online Payment of Intimation Charge” to navigate to the Online payment page. The payment can be made using Debit Card/ Credit Card or Internet Banking mode only. The candidates opting for Internet Banking would be provided with two options:
- Payment through IOB Net Banking 2. Payment through Other Banks’ net banking. Candidates who have accounts with internet banking option in IOB may choose “IOB NET BANKING” option and others may choose the “Other Banks NET Banking Option”. Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of Intimation charges through internet banking payment facility of any Bank (other than IOB) will have to be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt for future reference. Candidates can also reprint the E-receipt at a later date by clicking on “Reprinting E-receipt after payment of Intimation Charges” link.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- Any information submitted by an applicant in his / her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution / civil consequences in case the information / details furnished by him/her are found to be false at a later stage.