Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 – 220 Vacancies for Specialist Officers Posts
Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 – Canara Bank has issued a notification for recruitment of Specialist Officers in various disciplines in Scale I & Scale II and Special recruitment drive for Scheduled Tribe Category in Scale II & Scale III. Online applications will be invited on its official website www.canarabank.com from 25th November 2020.
Interested and eligible applicants can apply for Canara Bank Recruitment 2020 on or before 15th December 2020. The selection will be done on the basis of online exam which is tentatively held in the month of January or February 2021.
Also Apply SBI PO 2020 Notification
Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 Details
Name of Organization
Total Number of Vacancies
- Canara Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Bengaluru and global presence with over 10,000 branches, invites online applications from the eligible candidates for:
No of Post
Extract Transform & Load (ETL) Specialist
Information Security Analyst
Ethical Hackers & Penetration Testers
Cyber Forensic Analyst
Data Mining Experts
OFSS Techno Functional
Base 24 Administrator
Commencement of submission of application
25th November 2020
Last date for submission of online application
15th December 2020
Date of online test (tentative)
January/ February 2021
Also See: SBI Apprentice Recruitment 2020
Nationality / Citizenship
- A candidate must be either i] a citizen of India or ii] a subject of Nepal or iii] a subject of Bhutan or iv] a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01.01.1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v] a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia & Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) or (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A Candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Group Discussion/interview conducted by the Bank, but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India, is produced
- Candidates age limit should be Minimum 20 years and Maximum 38 years.
- Age Relaxation: – SC/ ST /OBC/PWD/ PH Candidates Relaxation as per Government Rule Regulation.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer) candidates – 3 years
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – 10 years, Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen, ECOs/SSCOs – 5 years
- Backup Administrator – E./ B. Tech / M.E. / M. Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade or First Class
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) Specialist / Developer / Programmer – E./ B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent Grade or First Class
- BI Specialist –E./ B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent Grade or First Class
- Antivirus Administrator – E./ B. Tech / M.E. / M. Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade or First Class
- Network Administrator – E./ B. Tech / M.E. / M. Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade or First Class. Should possess a valid CCNP / CCNA certification in Network switching & Routing Certification
- Database Administrator – E./ B. Tech / M.E. / M. Tech in Computer Science / Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology/ Information Science and Engineering or MCA with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent Grade or First Class. Should possess a valid OEM Certification i.e. Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or higher
- Note: More Details to Read Full Notification PDF
- Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
- The candidates shall acquire working knowledge of Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period
- JMGS-I Salary 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
- MMGS-II Salary 31705 – 1145/1 – 32850 – 1310/10 – 45950
- MMGS-III Salary 42020 – 1310/5 – 48570 – 1460/2 – 51490
- As per salary revision Joint Note dated 25.05.2015
How to Apply?
- Candidates are requested to read the contents of the advertisement and ensure their eligibility before applying.
- The eligible candidates are required to apply ON-LINE through bank’s website canarabank.com. The link for registration of application will be open in our website on the dates indicated at the top of this advertisement.
- All applicants should have a valid personal email ID. The registered email id should be kept functional till completion of this recruitment project. All the communications will be sent to the candidates to this email ID only.
- The Guidelines for Filling Online Application are as follows
- Candidates are required to visit the Bank’s website canarabank.com
- Careers – Recruitment – “Recruitment Project – 2/2020 – Specialist Officers and Special Recruitment Drive under ST Category”
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure).
- Candidates while filling their on-line application, the name of the candidate and his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- The candidates name in the online application should be as it appears in SSC/SSLC/X Standard Marks Card. In case the candidate has changed his/her name, the changed name should be as per the Gazette Notification/ Marriage Certificate.
- Candidates should fill all the fields in the on-line application.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Submission of incorrect / false information in the online application will render the candidature invalid.
- After completion of on-line registration, candidate should take system generated print-out of Registered On-line Application.
- An email/ SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated acknowledgement. If candidate do not receive the email and SMS intimation at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without proper passport size photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
- Retain a copy of the final on-line application print out along with Registration Number & Password safely for your records.
Application Fee & Intimation Charges (Non Refundable)
- Amount of Fees / Intimation Charges
- SC/ST/PWBD – Rs.100 + GST [Intimation Charges only]
- All Others – Rs. 600 + GST
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE / INTIMATION CHARGES
- Kindly ensure the eligibility for the post, before paying the application fees / intimation charges as the same is not refundable.
- Application fees / intimation charges shall be paid through online mode only.
Payment of Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Via Online Mode
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application
- In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
- Once the application is filled-in completely, candidate should submit the data. (iv) The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions
- The payment can be made by using Debit Card, Credit Card and Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees / intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
- The selection shall be by way of Short-listing/Test + Group Discussion + Interview basing on the applications received for individual posts. In case the number of candidates are less, the selection will be done through Short-listing, Group Discussion & Interview. Depending upon the number of vacancies, Bank reserves the right to shortlist requisite number of candidates and only those shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- In case the selection is through on-line test, pattern for examination, test centres and other details are mentioned here below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Professional Knowledge in the area of specialization||50||100|| |
|Test of English||50||50|
|Latest Developments in Banking Industry||50||50|
|Total (Total Weighted Score)||150||200|
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in Objective Test. Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each subject as well as Total Score. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each subject and also a minimum total score as decided by Bank to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview.
- Bank reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through Bank’s website.
- Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the Call Letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
- Depending on the number of vacancies, such of those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the online test as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank and number of candidates required for Group Discussion and/or Interview in certain ratio decided by the Bank, will only be called for Group Discussion and/or interview.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
- Examination Centres for Online Written Test – Bank will be holding online written test at Ahmedabad, Bareily, Baroda, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, Ernakulam, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur and Vishakhapatnam.
- Candidates are advised to give their preference of written test centre. The address for the online test and timing will be advised in the online call letters available at Bank’s website.
- Candidates may select any one centre from the above-mentioned centres and indicate the same in his or her application. Request for change of Centre will not be entertained. The exact address of the venue will be advised in the call letters.
- The Bank, however, reserves the right to add or change or cancel any of the Centres for online test depending on the response, number of applications for a particular centre, administrative feasibility, etc.