- University of Delhi MPhil Phd Admission 2017 through Entrance Test – Eligibility, Application Procedure, Fees, Important Dates and more details
University of Delhi MPhil Phd Admission 2017 through Entrance Test – Eligibility, Application Procedure, Fees, Important Dates and more details
Delhi University M.Phil PhD Admission 2017 Important Dates
Start Date for Online Registration June 12th 2017
Closing Date for Online Registration June 22nd 2017
Dates for the conduct of the Entrance Exams: 01st July – 06th July 2017
Announcement of Results/Grievance handling: 07th July – 12th July 2017
Interviews/ Presentation of Synopsis: July 12th 2017 onwards
The seat distribution for M.Phil. & PhD Programs in different Departments is given in Annexure-III/Annexure-IV respectively. The reservation to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University.
M.Phil offered under the following Faculties and its Departments:
- Arts (Depts.): Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, German & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu.
- Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [M.Phil Russian Studies]
- Commerce & Business Studies [M.Phil: Commerce]
- Education [M.Phil: Education]
- Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [M.Phil: Biotechnology]
- Music & Fine Arts [M.Phil: Music]
- Mathematical Sciences [M.Phil: Mathematics, Statistics & Operational Research]
- Social Sciences [M.Phil: Adult Continues Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, African Studies]
- Science [M.Phil: Anthropology, Botany, Geology and Zoology]
PhD offered under the following Faculties and its Depts.:
- Arts [Dept.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu]
- Applied Social Sciences & Humanities [Business Economics, Slavonic & Finno – Ugrian Studies]
- Commerce & Business Studies [Commerce, Financial Studies]
- Education [Education]
- Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences [Biophysics, Genetics, Biochemistry, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Electronics, Microbiology, Physical Education and Sports Sciences]
- Institute of Information of & Communication [Institute of Informatics and Communication]
- Law [Law]
- Music & Fine [Arts Music]
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT) [Technology]
- Mathematical Sciences [Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics, Computer Science]
- Social Sciences (Adult Continuing Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, East Asian Studies and African Studies).
- Science (Anthropology, Botany, Physics & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Environmental Studies, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research (ACBR), Home Science)
University of Delhi MPhil Phd Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Qualifying Examinations: The criteria for qualifying examination for each of the M. Phil & PhD Programmes is given in Annexure-VII and Annexure-VIII respectively.
Equivalence Criteria: The Departments/Colleges of the University may advise the applicants concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition/equivalence of their degrees/ diplomas/ certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities/University Grants Commission/AICTE/Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) on his own for the purpose of admission in the Department/College.
Further, the cases of equivalence of degrees /certificates /diploma may then be put up before the University Authorities for further consideration and confirmation.
Reservation of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) to the prescribed extent shall apply in compliance with the rules notified by the University.
Supernumerary seats shall be available for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Foreign Nationals as per the University rules.
University of Delhi MPhil Phd Admission 2017 – How to Apply?
All the applicants seeking admission to the M.Phil/PhD Program are required to register online.
The admission of the applicants for the M.Phil Program is governed by the Ordinance VI, VI-A, VI-A-(1) and VI-A-(2) of the University of Delhi.
The Ordinance VI-B of the University of Delhi [see Annexure-XII] governs admission of the applicants for the PhD Program.
Admission to M.Phil/PhD Program is through written examination, followed by an interview. Applicants seeking admission in PhD Programs shall go through “Section C (Procedure for Admission)” of Ordinance VI-B to check if they are exempted from appearing in the written exam. However, Interview is mandatory for all applicants.
An applicant shall also provide details of the “Research Proposal” for seeking admission in M.Phil/PhD Programs in certain Depts. Applicant must go through Annexure-V (for M.Phil.) and Annexure-VI (for Ph.D.) to check if the “Research Proposal” is mandatory for the applied Program.
Applicant shall be asked to upload the following items: (i) Passport size photograph of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (ii) Scanned signature of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG); (iii) Self attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats JPG/ JPEG/ PNG). Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
Registration Fee (non-refundable) for the written examination is the following:
For SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) – Rs.250/-
For all other categories (Unreserved, OBC etc) – Rs.500/-
Registration fee has to be paid during online registration process through one of the available online payment options.
University of Delhi MPhil Phd Admission 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card’s download link shall be available after June 26th 2017 (closing date of online registration). Please visit the M.Phil/PhD admission portal for news and updates related to the Admit Card and on the admission procedures.
Applicant shall take the printout of the Admit Card. The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
Centres for the Written Exam
Written examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities – Bengaluru, Delhi, Jammu, Kolkata, Nagpur and Varanasi.
Tags: entrance exam in india, masters degrees, mphil admission, MPhil Entrance Exam, mphil entrance test 2017, phd admission, phd admission 2017, phd entrance exam 2017, phd entrance test 2017, research programs in delhi university, university of delhi mphil phd admission, university of delhi research program