Sikkim Manipal University PhD Admission 2018 | SMU PhD Admission 2018 | Doctoral of Philosophy Program
Sikkim Manipal University has invited applications for admission to Phd program in Medical, Engineering, IT, Management and Science streams of the 2018 session.
Campus: Sikkim Manipal University, Tadong, Gangtok
Course Duration: 2-5 years full time and 3-8 years part-time
Number of Seats: 20 seats
PhD Eligibility 2018
Must have a Master’s degree of this University or its equivalent of another recognized university or Institute with a minimum of 55 percent marks; in case of applicants holding a qualifying degree from foreign universities, registration for the PhD will be confirmed after determination of equivalence by the relevant University body.
In exceptional cases, an applicant with B.Tech / BE / B.Arch / MBBS degree having the high first class with experience in relevant field may be considered for registration on the special recommendation of the University Research Committee.
Such applicants will be required to complete the higher number of credits (24 to 36 credits) as coursework compared to 8 to 12 credits for those with postgraduate qualifications.
Must be recommended by the University Research Committee as well as Dept / Institute Research Protocol Evaluation Committee (RPEC) based on the presentation of Research Protocol.
Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the Government of India / relevant authorities, for being considered eligible and who have obtained and are holding research visa
Registration will be confirmed only for those applicants who pass the exam with minimum 50 percent marks and those who have passed UGC / CSIR (JRF) / GATE / SLET exam score card / M.Phil qualified.
Number of PhD registrations in the University at any given time will not be more than eight times the number of registered guides in the University.
The maximum number of PhD applicants to be registered every year will be worked out and notified by the University in Feb/Mar every year.
Registration for the PhD Programme
- Applications from applicants for registration for PhD will be received throughout the year
- Applications will be submitted in the prescribed format and shall state the subject or inter-disciplinary field in which the applicant desires to pursue his research work and the University department/constituent college where the research work will be carried out.
- Applicants can submit their applications either to the constituent institute or to Registrar SMU
- Before applying for registration for Ph.D., the applicants are expected to have selected a research area and done some literature survey; applicants are also expected to have discussed the proposal with proposed Guide / Head of the Dept through which the research work is intended to be carried out
- Applicants will apply for admission to the Programme of this University in the prescribed format and submit six copies of the PhD Protocol (Approach Paper) covering the broad areas of interest, motivation for research in the selected area, brief display of knowledge gained and work done in that area, statement of research problem, objectives and methodology of the proposed research
- The Protocol shall ordinarily not exceed 5000 words
SMU Sikkim PhD Application Form 2018
Applications can be downloaded from the link: http://smu.edu.in/download_file.php?file=424
- Fill the entries on the form neatly.
- Attach attested copies of certificates, mark sheets etc. See checklist overleaf for certificates required.
- Applicant presently working in an organization (including those on projects) must provide a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer.
- Attach six copies of approach paper, which shall ordinarily not exceed 1000 words, in the broad areas of interest, the motivation for research in the selected area and the brief display of knowledge gained and work done in that area.
- Enclose 2 passport sized photographs.
Mailing Address for Applications
For programmes at SMIT, Director, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majitar Rangpo, East Sikkim, Pin-37136
For programs at SMIMS
Dean, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, 5th Mile Tadong, Gangtok East Sikkim, Pin-737102
Registrar Academics, Sikkim Manipal University, 5th Mile Tadong, Gangtok, East Sikkim, Pin-737102
Tags: doctoral courses, Doctoral of Philosophy, doctoral programs, online education, online phd admission, online phd courses, online phd degree, phd admission, phd admission 2018, phd admission in sikkim, phd degree, phd degree online, phd online, phd programs, sikkim manipal university, sikkim manipal university phd admission, sikkim phd application form, smu phd admission, smu phd admission form 2018, smu phd course, smu phd programme, smu sikkim phd admission